• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting competition for Western Australia agriculture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting competition for Western Australia agriculture

SALIC strikes land deal in Australia... The Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment Company (SALIC) has closed a deal to buy nearly half a million acres of farmland in Western Australia’s wheatbelt. The deal is SALIC’s first investment in Australia. The land will be the managed by SALIC Australia, a wholly owned subsidiary of SALIC KSA, a Riyadh-based investment company owned by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, the Public Investment Fund.

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
    SALIC strikes land deal in Australia... The Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment Company (SALIC) has closed a deal to buy nearly half a million acres of farmland in Western Australia’s wheatbelt. The deal is SALIC’s first investment in Australia. The land will be the managed by SALIC Australia, a wholly owned subsidiary of SALIC KSA, a Riyadh-based investment company owned by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, the Public Investment Fund.

Yup the way of the world for those guys that think they are something with 10 thousand acres plus here....its only a matter of time...actually for all of us...

I am always reminded of the little fish to whale cartoon...

Comment

Oooops

Comment

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2019-04-05/nicoletti-sells-to-salic-in-60m-deal/10975458 https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2019-04-05/nicoletti-sells-to-salic-in-60m-deal/10975458

Comment

May happen here in Canada as well .
          Some of these very large farms will have no one to take over 50,000 ac or more .

Comment

Me thinks the first in line to take over these "Mega Farms" will be there lenders.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              May happen here in Canada as well .
              Some of these very large farms will have no one to take over 50,000 ac or more .
              There are some big private farms but what percent of the farm size is owned land versus rented land. Will the large Corporate Foreign Invesment shell farms be candidates for one buyer buy-outs as well? I wonder what the average "owned" farmland(grain) holding is in Western Canada.

I have/had a goal, not really caring if it ever gets realized or not, to have "X" quarters before I quit.... nothing was done in the last 15 years to help achieve that goal. And now look what its going to cost me!

Comment

All happening in my backyard. A real shit show. More on this tonight if I have time. Things aren't always as they seem.

Comment

John nicoletti is well respected a run of crap years but did well to getw ere he is over his lifetime.

He owns a swag of jd dealerships maybe a bit of cross subsizization happened machinery good times help him aquire more land with that profit but hey thats his perogative.

But last few years aint been kind possibly cutting his losses if another shit year happens who know im not here to knock the guy.

Id say 70% of farms in WA are 15000 acres or better most profitable country in aust was good value.
                  First state with gm crops.
                  Land prices just boomed there lately though meaning last 15 yrs.

biggest story out of WA you guys probably never caught up with was gm farmer versus organic back about maybe 4 or 5 years ago GM guy won despite huge backing from greenpeace and many other un named financiers. No a guy whose a neighbour of the organic guy bit of a wag was worried about his gm crop getting infested with organic canola bit of a character was gonna counter sue the organic in support of gm guy lol. Great state WA.

Actually doubt the infamous westranada or whatever his name is has ever heard of big john nicolletti.

Weve blocked each other so niether of us will see this post lol

Comment

Somebody sees something in Canadian Ag that I don't. Not sure what it is. Because all I see are headwinds for the small and medium guys. There are no 1000 acre farmers anymore except me. And there are fewer 2500 acres guys now too.

But usually when you see big money flow to an asset class there is something up. And those groups usually have more information than we do. Is it climate change or population because just getting big doesn't guarantee your margins get bigger.

If Canada has shoulder months like this April we are having, our ag business is going to change big time. Longer season crops will start to enter and there is an outside chance of double cropping in some areas that get moisture. Is this what they are seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      Somebody sees something in Canadian Ag that I don't. Not sure what it is. Because all I see are headwinds for the small and medium guys. There are no 1000 acre farmers anymore except me. And there are fewer 2500 acres guys now too.

But usually when you see big money flow to an asset class there is something up. And those groups usually have more information than we do. Is it climate change or population because just getting big doesn't guarantee your margins get bigger.

If Canada has shoulder months like this April we are having, our ag business is going to change big time. Longer season crops will start to enter and there is an outside chance of double cropping in some areas that get moisture. Is this what they are seeing?
                      You are not alone in your acreage base. We crop about 600 acres/ year and the balance is pasture , hayland and some SMF ( gasp!) for a total of 2240 acres. Ground around here is selling for $325,000 or more , so I will do more with what I have VS buying anymore.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...