• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBA saskatoon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Does anyone run the math with crop prices worse than ever in relation to costs...

If you don't want to lose a bunch ...spray it twice and take the year off...

The best program the government could do is pay 50 bucks an acre to not seed...

Railways won't haul it...boats don't get loaded....china and India are out of the market ....we don't feed starving people....

Yup I would take the 50 bucks and take the year off....**** it ...its a money losing year coming....BIG time...
    Summerfallow, chemfallow, plowdown costs are not free. Property tax, mortgage interest, cash rent, fuel, labour, depreciation have to be calculated. That runs about $110.00/ acre. Consider one full year with zero production/cash flow. You have to add the cost onto the ext seasons crop, so it better be a damn good one. Organic sounds good but it is expensive. I think most lenders would not look favourably if a customer said they are taking 25% of acres out of production/cash flow plans.
    I don’t see a lot newer machinery in organic yards which tells me there is not enough gross revenue to upgrade machinery. No sarcasm.
    Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Apr 8, 2019, 09:49.

Comment

The ALUS program in Alberta is paying $40 an acre and trying to get guys to take that on wet spots and hard to farm areas - allow it to revert to nature, seed it to perennial pasture or trees or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        The ALUS program in Alberta is paying $40 an acre and trying to get guys to take that on wet spots and hard to farm areas - allow it to revert to nature, seed it to perennial pasture or trees or whatever.
        Well that Math Works for me. At $4000 an acre, I can have it paid for in only a century. Minus interest, land tax and opportunity costs.

Comment

Some real deals at the auction today..for the buyers..

Comment

Real deals are right.

But this China thing and Saudi and India are all starting to put pressure on guys.

The older guys remember the 90s where we were told expenses doesn't matter what they cost they have to stay at that place so streamline Mr farmer or get out. Oh, the USA and Europe were working with farmers in Canada No. We got Tristability a nightmare useless program.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
              Some real deals at the auction today..for the buyers..
              Lots of tears for sellers...depreciation BITES...don't do your net worth #'s

Comment

If a country doesn't want to value agriculture as an economic driver...then maybe it is time to say **** it. ...let the 100000 acre guys do it. ....

Comment

If a country doesn't want to value agriculture as an economic driver...then maybe it is time to say **** it. ...let the 100000 acre guys do it. ....
                  They will not be here either unless all there equipment is bought used at RB..
                  So who can afford to buy new?
                  Then no dealers left..
                  Snow ball effect into oblivion..

Comment

I don't see how the 100,000 acre guys are going to do it if the red ink starts flowing. Small margins on the plus side are nice to a bank account, and irrational exuberance has been incredible to balance sheets. If margins turn negative, there'll be complete chaos.

But then again, perhaps we're all to pessimistic...

-They're not making any more land...
                    -The global population is growing in numbers...
                    -The global population is growing in affluence...

FULL STEAM AHEAD, even if the waters are full of ice!

Comment

I am curious what equipment dealers have to say about the beating high end equipment is taking at RB auctions...some combines are $150,000 lower than on the lot. They can't use the excuse that their equipment is field ready because that is a crock of shit, it goes from one farmer's shed to another. Looks like auctions are the place to buy.

Comment

A lot of farmer's sheds have better mechanics than the dealers....There are some monster sheds that keep guys busy ....

Not sure why dealers are not grasping their own peril....

Charge $165.00 an hour and still have shit fall apart in the field ....

Comment

I think you guys have this all backwards. Things are so profitable in Ag right now that everyone can afford to buy new, and therefore there is no market for used, except myself and hobbyfarmer. Obviously that is the only conclusion that can be drawn from the fact that there is that much slightly used equipment on the market with almost no demand.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            I think you guys have this all backwards. Things are so profitable in Ag right now that everyone can afford to buy new, and therefore there is no market for used, except myself and hobbyfarmer. Obviously that is the only conclusion that can be drawn from the fact that there is that much slightly used equipment on the market with almost no demand.
                            No JD sprayers at RBA saskatoon this time because they took an absolute shitkicking the last time....Dealers were laughing at the dealer that dropped them off there then they choked when they figured out what they did to their sales ask.....

Comment

No JD sprayers at RBA saskatoon this time because they took an absolute shitkicking the last time....Dealers were laughing at the dealer that dropped them off there then they choked when they figured out what they did to their sales ask.....
                              Sprayers should hold good value almost anytime. They are the most important machine on the farm.
                              Are sprayer values the “canary in the coal mine”? A farm needs a good sprayer.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                It is hard to argue your point. I see more new machinery around here than ever before. Normally that is interpreted as a sign of some profitability/progress.
                                I see very good crops grown and harvested and delivered.
                                I do not see any indication otherwise. There may be some discomfort which would be expected at certain times, but I think the farms have made a lot of money in the last 8 years. It all depends on what they did with it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...