• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alta Election

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alta Election

How do you supose Kenny is going to wiggle or squirm out of this one,cheating on own party to win leadership of the ucp.
    Dont think the con supporters will find anything wrong with this??

Comment

Ethics appears to be secondary consideration throughout the world. Besides if your extreme now days it may cost you some votes but it may get as many or more. Since society appears to be dividing more so into extremes.

Comment

After 4 years of NDP, there is only one crime that any conservative could commit that would turn voters away. That crime is to be outed as a closet NDP. Anything else, murder, fraud etc. can be overlooked to get rid of the NDP.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          After 4 years of NDP, there is only one crime that any conservative could commit that would turn voters away. That crime is to be outed as a closet NDP. Anything else, murder, fraud etc. can be overlooked to get rid of the NDP.
          That seems to be the mentality. I hope if the UPC win you enjoy the fruits of electing said bunch of criminals - there are certainly enough reprobates and unsavoury characters running under that banner. When the leader Kenney uses the death of his own father in the debate to attack the NDP on hospital wait times - yet he died years earlier under a PC Government - you know the bar for decency and honesty is set at an all time low.
          By contrast Notley has got through 4 years of Government with no scandals - which is pretty rare in the modern political world. Unless of course you believe the accusations made in this Rebel Media type video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=jDjGiHtqLvU http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=jDjGiHtqLvU

Comment

Hopefully Alberta has learned its lesson the hard way that there is no such thing as a “social licence”.
            Seeing Alberta run by former anti-energy activists should be a good lesson for all provinces of how pandering to environmental loons will bankrupt you.

As far as the election, Gormley is predicting the NDP will get 18 seats with most courtesy of government workers in Edmonton.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
              How do you supose Kenny is going to wiggle or squirm out of this one,cheating on own party to win leadership of the ucp.
              Dont think the con supporters will find anything wrong with this??
              Personally the most disappointing part for me is that I firmly believe he would still have won the leadership if Jeff Calloway hadn't run. There were certain things I liked better about Brian Jean but I voted for Jason Kenney because he was the right person for the job at this time. In the 2015 election the tide was turned in the election during the leaders debate and I didn't want that happening again. Jason Kenney certainly isn't perfect but is probably one of the hardest working politicians in Canada.

Comment

Kenny was Harper’s bitch. Why would you expect him to show integrity now?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  That seems to be the mentality. I hope if the UPC win you enjoy the fruits of electing said bunch of criminals - there are certainly enough reprobates and unsavoury characters running under that banner. When the leader Kenney uses the death of his own father in the debate to attack the NDP on hospital wait times - yet he died years earlier under a PC Government - you know the bar for decency and honesty is set at an all time low.
                  By contrast Notley has got through 4 years of Government with no scandals - which is pretty rare in the modern political world. Unless of course you believe the accusations made in this Rebel Media type video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=jDjGiHtqLvU http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=jDjGiHtqLvU
                  Unfortunately, the Trudeau Liberals have set the bar so low for integrity, ethics, corruption, and blatant disrespect for the law and the voters, that I'm afraid everyone's expectations for politicians have dropped. Many people also unfortunately, have been driven to accept that a crooked government who steals a few million here and there, and lines a few pockets along the way is still better than a grossly incompetent government whose mismanagement costs billions per year. Perspnally, I think we need a system where neither is acceptable or permitted to occur.

Comment

Do people vote for the Party, MLA/MP, or the Party leader?

Do you vote for your Party of choice representative on a local level even if you don't like the candidate and know they're useless. Let's say you think the opposition party has a better candidate than the Party that lines up better with your ideological party of choice...who do you vote for?

Would we be better served by candidates having no party affiliation and they all basically sit as independents and vote according to constituency conscience? What kind of governance would that provide?

Comment

It's interesting to hear all the "Righties" coming on Agrivlle justifying to themselves that supporting Kenney, and over looking his actions to win the UCP leadership is not that big of a deal and will still be voting for Jason.

I guess the rule book of honor and ethics doesn't apply when it's their political party! Blind Faith at it's best!

Haven't heard from Mr God Bless You TOM, who was a big Brian Jean supporter. Tom are you still voting for Kenney even though he cheated his way into UCP leadership in order to beat Brian?

Comment

Trying to get tory blue albertans to see anything but what the cons tell them is like telling the taliban the koran is false. Didnt Mr Prentice forcast a 6billion $ defecit,the oil prices went down from there so how much of a debt would we have under a con gov,I agree we have an accidental gov but I find it hard to see where they have done so bad under dificult times. I asked onother time what has she done thats so bad ,the gov dosent have any money except what they take from us ,so if you want less taxes quit asking for more services.
                        Even Mr Kenney couldnt find anything wrong except trying to tie her to trudeau(how many times did he say trudeau in the debate) Carbon tax,Well guess what you all have 1 now. Kenny has made various promises that will take yrs to find out they are all hollow but people will have forgot by then same as how they have forgot what a poor job the previous gov has done.

Comment

See horse we had stupid people that wrecked Saskatchewan for years, they thought they were so smart. Collect cash from Ottawa and make sure Saskatchewan never grew more than a million people. Ship our young away. Well, we woke up and kicked the sorry ass NDP to the curb.

The big brass went to help nut case in Alberta.

The result is a $100 billion debt.

But it was all the cons fault.

You have to be really special to vote NDP.

Here is your sign wear it proud.

If the NDP wins again in Alberta you will see a great change. The debt will climb to 200 billion in short order. Highways will crumble.

Companies will move to better places.

Ah, Welcome to Saskatchewan under the NDP.

Oh PS keep the ones who moved to Alberta to help Nut Case.

Comment

That's exactly the point here.
                            Notley may well be Mother Theresa. Kenney looks like a bastard.
                            The economic issues at debate are serious enough we need the sob not Mary Poppins.

Comment

AB can worry about electing the next pope after they get up off their knees. Right now Kenny is the best shot at that because if that doesn't work, we will be electing a President of the western republic next time.

But for reference, the entire Quebec govt brought in a discriminatory law and there is not a peep from the media.

So spare me your indignation over some ancient remarks or an aggressive candidate.
                              Last edited by jazz; Apr 7, 2019, 09:13.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...