The end of glyphosate

Commodity Marketing

Tools

The end of glyphosate

Austranada's Avatar Apr 5, 2019 | 17:40 1 https://www.thefencepost.com/news/glyphosate-free-now-premium-food-category-as-bayer-stock-falls/

The moment you turn that key on your sprayer for the first time this season think about how you're poisoning the food chain Reply With Quote
Apr 5, 2019 | 17:54 2 oh Ya Reply With Quote
Austranada's Avatar Apr 5, 2019 | 17:59 3 Most recently Vietnam
Now Malawi and the article states 5 more countries will make similar announcements soon

https://sustainablepulse.com/2019/04/05/malawi-bans-import-of-glyphosate-herbicides-after-us-cancer-verdict/#.XKfq8bfmg0N Reply With Quote
Apr 5, 2019 | 18:00 4
Quote Originally Posted by Austranada View Post
https://www.thefencepost.com/news/glyphosate-free-now-premium-food-category-as-bayer-stock-falls/

The moment you turn that key on your sprayer for the first time this season think about how you're poisoning the food chain
I hate my sprayer...mostly because I can afford the spray.....but I can't afford the spray not to work.... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• SASKFARMER3's Avatar Apr 5, 2019 | 18:04 5 When i turn on the key to my sprayer ill think of the bullshit coming from a idiot Austrastand. or who ever the f#$k he is.

Nice hacker. Reply With Quote

• Austranada's Avatar Apr 5, 2019 | 18:10 6
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    When i turn on the key to my sprayer ill think of the bullshit coming from a idiot Austrastand. or who ever the f#$k he is.

Nice hacker.
    Careful, some of that "bullshit" will end up in your humble pie. Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar Apr 5, 2019 | 18:11 7
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    I hate my sprayer...mostly because I can afford the spray.....but I can't afford the spray not to work....
    How as you going to deal with your resistant kochia this year? Reply With Quote
    Apr 5, 2019 | 18:19 8
    How as you going to deal with your resistant kochia this year?
    Goats 🐐,,, apparently goats must not produce methane .. win win.
    Cattle will go the way of round up so that option is out . Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar Apr 5, 2019 | 18:30 9 Another huge company that won't be buying gly dessicated wheat

https://sustainablepulse.com/2019/04/02/panera-bread-faces-lawsuit-over-deceptive-marketing-after-glyphosate-contamination-is-revealed/#.XKfwlLfmg0M Reply With Quote
    Apr 5, 2019 | 18:33 10
    How as you going to deal with your resistant kochia this year?
    Don't know yet...Blackhawk is garbage....even at 10gpa....goldwing then blackhawk is super ****ing garbage... Reply With Quote
    Apr 5, 2019 | 18:37 11
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    When i turn on the key to my sprayer ill think of the bullshit coming from a idiot Austrastand. or who ever the f#$k he is.

Nice hacker.
    it will be good when dipshits like this win . they will leave us with the same net whether we grow 20 bu wheat or 70 . lot less work and expense to grow 20 , so I personally couldn't give a shit . gonna be hard on the consumers pocketbook but they are bringing this on themselves . so much for feeding 10 B people . bring it on Reply With Quote

• Austranada's Avatar Apr 5, 2019 | 19:10 12
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    it will be good when dipshits like this win . they will leave us with the same net whether we grow 20 bu wheat or 70 . lot less work and expense to grow 20 , so I personally couldn't give a shit . gonna be hard on the consumers pocketbook but they are bringing this on themselves . so much for feeding 10 B people . bring it on
    The fallacy that farmers need to produce food for a growing world population is just that, a fallacy. Fully 1/3 of the food produced goes to waste. That needs to be addressed first along with Chem residues and declining human health. Your "don't give a shit" attitude doesn't resonate too well with the non ag community reading this thread.
    Oh wait, you blocked me a few months ago, shame your head is voluntarily and firmly stuck in the sand. Reply With Quote
    GDR
    Apr 5, 2019 | 21:14 13
    The fallacy that farmers need to produce food for a growing world population is just that, a fallacy. Fully 1/3 of the food produced goes to waste. That needs to be addressed first along with Chem residues and declining human health. Your "don't give a shit" attitude doesn't resonate too well with the non ag community reading this thread.
    Oh wait, you blocked me a few months ago, shame your head is voluntarily and firmly stuck in the sand.
    Food waste is never gonna change, no different than a cow shitting on her hay. It's an absolutely horrible waste but it happens a lot on the wealthy end of the spectrum but also happens all the way down to the poorest of people, granted for different reasons. If you think curbing ag production by taking away farmers tools isnt gonna have an impact on hungry children you are the one with the head in the sand. Let them eat cake!
    And I bet that any country or company that publicly bans glyphosate will have no impact on what is purchased. The lowest tender will still get the bid period but sounds good just to say they're looking out for consumers. Reply With Quote
    Apr 5, 2019 | 22:45 14 I am puzzled by the assertion by the original poster. How many farmers won't fire up their sprayer for the first time this year until preharvest time? Last I knew, most farmers start the sprayer up the first time to do pre seeding, which often(virtually always) includes Glyphosate, but how is that going to poison anyone food? The key word being Pre-Seeding. The more this poster writes, the less he shows that he has any clue about agriculture, in either country. Reply With Quote
    Apr 5, 2019 | 23:09 15
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    I am puzzled by the assertion by the original poster. How many farmers won't fire up their sprayer for the first time this year until preharvest time? Last I knew, most farmers start the sprayer up the first time to do pre seeding, which often(virtually always) includes Glyphosate, but how is that going to poison anyone food? The key word being Pre-Seeding. The more this poster writes, the less he shows that he has any clue about agriculture, in either country.
    He/she/it is a waste of skin , glad i dont see any of its posts. Best thing i ever did was block it. Still have to see the horseshit when you guys quote it . He/she/it is an idiot living in mommy and daddys basement. Cant imagine why anyone interacts with it
    Last edited by caseih; Apr 5, 2019 at 23:12.
    Apr 6, 2019 | 00:15 16 Since all this hubbub is the result of one highly politicized organization in Europe labeling glyphosate as a “probable” carcinogen, I decided to research that a bit. So I ended up on epa.gov

They ought to know, right?

I found a lot of pretty common stuff on their list of known carcinogens. Booze being one I noticed right away lol, processed meat, over fried food, 24d, trifluralin

The list of probable carcinogens is longer yet.

Do you know what wasn’t on either list?

Glyphosate. At any dose Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Austranada's Avatar Apr 6, 2019 | 00:41 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnM View Post
    Since all this hubbub is the result of one highly politicized organization in Europe labeling glyphosate as a “probable” carcinogen, I decided to research that a bit. So I ended up on epa.gov

They ought to know, right?

I found a lot of pretty common stuff on their list of known carcinogens. Booze being one I noticed right away lol, processed meat, over fried food, 24d, trifluralin

The list of probable carcinogens is longer yet.

Do you know what wasn’t on either list?

Glyphosate. At any dose
    Misleading. You need to look at things objectively, not through glyphosate goggles

http://www.panna.org/blog/epas-flawed-finding-roundup-and-cancer

Don't kid yourself, the EPA is highly political and bought off by big pharma
    Last edited by Austranada; Apr 6, 2019 at 00:46.
    Apr 6, 2019 | 06:54 18
    Misleading. You need to look at things objectively, not through glyphosate goggles

Lol, and the anti round up “studies” are not ?? Lol Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Apr 6, 2019 | 07:33 19 Not the end of glyphos, but maybe the end of fungicides. This article claims ag has unleashed a drug resistant fungal infection in humans.

A Mysterious Infection, Spanning the Globe in a Climate of Secrecy Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Austranada's Avatar Apr 6, 2019 | 08:20 20
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Don't know yet...Blackhawk is garbage....even at 10gpa....goldwing then blackhawk is super ****ing garbage...
    Anyone have any suggestions to solve this widespread problem. Reply With Quote
    Apr 6, 2019 | 09:06 21 Don't let them have dual citizenship! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Apr 6, 2019 | 09:07 22

Have you ever done any consulting work for the EPA? I have.

They are the most uptight, by the book, no ha-ha guys I have ever met. I think if "big pharma" even tried to buy anyone off in that org there would be a "disappearance" Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Apr 6, 2019 | 09:20 23

They are the most uptight, by the book, no ha-ha guys I have ever met. I think if "big pharma" even tried to buy anyone off in that org there would be a "disappearance"
    Good post shawn. Just another example of some wingnut spouting off about something it knows sfa about Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Apr 6, 2019 | 09:33 24 Ignoring these types of messages leads to shutting down industries.
    Thinking coal and oil in Canada right now. (Only Canada by the way).
    Tin foil hats are the first wave.
    But what to do with them is the big question. Who knew in the 70s Greenpeace would get so powerful and loonie tune?
    I predicted the downfall of glyphosate a few years ago. Reply With Quote
    Apr 6, 2019 | 09:57 25 If you want to worry about food, worry about arsenic levels. Not even tested. There are numerous carcinogenic substances we should be worried about. This applies to so called organic food. Reply With Quote
    Apr 6, 2019 | 14:19 26
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    Ignoring these types of messages leads to shutting down industries.
    Thinking coal and oil in Canada right now. (Only Canada by the way).
    Tin foil hats are the first wave.
    But what to do with them is the big question. Who knew in the 70s Greenpeace would get so powerful and loonie tune?
    I predicted the downfall of glyphosate a few years ago.
    trouble is , bp, you can argue until you are blue in the face , it won't help .
    they are funded and get paid , this is their job . we unfortunately have to work and don't get paid to. argue with them
    until they are cold and hungry , nothing will change , but change it will . Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar Apr 6, 2019 | 17:43 27
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    it will be good when dipshits like this win . they will leave us with the same net whether we grow 20 bu wheat or 70 . lot less work and expense to grow 20 , so I personally couldn't give a shit . gonna be hard on the consumers pocketbook but they are bringing this on themselves . so much for feeding 10 B people . bring it on
    Cheap food is an illusion. There is no such thing as cheap food. The real cost of food is paid somewhere. And if it isn't paid at the cash register, it's charged to the environment or to the public purse in the form of subsidies. And it's charged to your health.
    Last edited by Austranada; Apr 6, 2019 at 18:21.
    Austranada's Avatar Apr 6, 2019 | 18:51 28

They are the most uptight, by the book, no ha-ha guys I have ever met. I think if "big pharma" even tried to buy anyone off in that org there would be a "disappearance"
    I agree, that's likely why Pruitt disappeared last year amidst scandal, not a Trump man. The current appointed administrator, Wheeler, is a lawyer, coal lobby lobbyist, trying to implement the new Washington slacker environmental agenda Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar Apr 6, 2019 | 19:20 29
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    I am puzzled by the assertion by the original poster. How many farmers won't fire up their sprayer for the first time this year until preharvest time? Last I knew, most farmers start the sprayer up the first time to do pre seeding, which often(virtually always) includes Glyphosate, but how is that going to poison anyone food? The key word being Pre-Seeding. The more this poster writes, the less he shows that he has any clue about agriculture, in either country.
    I can understand you're puzzled. You are learning albeit slowly. Its good though that you ask how preseeding chemical applications can contribute to poisoning the food chain. Look up the half life in the soil of these pesticides. Especially when guys like bucket preseed spray resistant kochia 4 times based on his "industry trained" agronomists' recommendations. In some cases there is significant residue carried over even beyond the additional burden of yet another gly/heat preharvest spray. Much more evident here in west Australia due to depleted organic matter levels not to mention the nearly non existent soil biological life responsible for breaking down all these chemicals. That's how preseeding sprays in part poison the food chain. Reply With Quote
    Apr 6, 2019 | 19:27 30 In a perfect world :
    - how long would people live?
    - when they go to heaven, what would be the cause of death?
    - at what point, or how many of their last year would be without suffering? Reply With Quote