The end of glyphosate

Commodity Marketing

Tools

The end of glyphosate

Austranada's Avatar Jun 24, 2019 | 17:41 241
Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
What glyphosate prices like in Australia? Here in Canada prices have steadily come down. I remember when it was first available in the late 70's, early 80's it was something like $40 per litre. The 360 gram product we bought this spring cost us under $4 per litre. It was a Sharda product that came from India. Worked good.
Any other better prices than that?
Similar here, addicts pay $3.50 to $4.00/l delivered to yard in 1000 l shuttles. 450 active Adama product
Last edited by Austranada; Jun 25, 2019 at 03:54.
wd9
Jun 24, 2019 | 18:27 242
Quote Originally Posted by Austranada View Post
As a broad spectrum chelator and patented antibiotic its ill effects are rather insidious as part of your daily diet and other exposure routes.
Kills weeds, is an antibiotic and cures cancer. Should be part of everyone's diet. Reply With Quote

• Austranada's Avatar Jun 24, 2019 | 19:32 243 https://civileats.com/2019/06/24/roundups-other-problem-glyphosate-is-sourced-from-controversial-mines/ Reply With Quote
    Jun 24, 2019 | 20:29 244
    Quote Originally Posted by wd9 View Post
    Kills weeds, is an antibiotic and cures cancer. Should be part of everyone's diet.

And speaking of using glyphosate as a chelator to cure cancer:
    https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...omsday-claims/

Isn't irony great?
    But I doubt Austranada or Chuck will read it, the subtitle for the site is science, not ideology Which goes against their ideology...
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jun 25, 2019 at 00:02. Reason: formatting
  • 1 Like

• Austranada's Avatar Jun 24, 2019 | 21:21 245 So you're not planning on banning straws obviously when you lead western Canada into your new utopian state. LMAO

Jun 25, 2019 | 00:19 246
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    What glyphosate prices like in Australia? Here in Canada prices have steadily come down. I remember when it was first available in the late 70's, early 80's it was something like $40 per litre. The 360 gram product we bought this spring cost us under $4 per litre. It was a Sharda product that came from India. Worked good.
    Any other better prices than that?
    Obviously the reason why the price keeps dropping is because demand is dropping even faster because the end of glyphosate is so near, so they are trying to unload the last few lots onto unsuspecting bargain hunting farmers. The last few cases will probably be free soon at this rate, if they can find anyone still willing to use it. How much has glyphosate use collapsed, Austranada? Reply With Quote
    Jun 25, 2019 | 00:21 247 More bad news, everything we eat is associated with cancer

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/97/1/127/4576988 Reply With Quote
    Jun 25, 2019 | 07:10 248 you guys need to quit entertaining this horseshit. it will get tired of replying to its own posts sooner or later. it doesn't want to read anything scientific or researched anyways . all a smear campaign , probably for personal monetary gain. thats what motivates most of these mouthpieces Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jun 25, 2019 | 07:23 249 Reply With Quote

• Jun 25, 2019 | 11:59 250 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Austranada's Avatar Jun 25, 2019 | 21:56 251 Don't forget to do all your rate conversions to the new standard of litres per 1.1 acres. Aren't you glad alarmaphobic came to your rescue. I don't need a rest because I'm not on the treadmill. Go out and do something useful like taking Brix readings.

• 1 Like

• farmaholic's Avatar Jun 26, 2019 | 07:17 252 This is a post from a thread started by " you know who" in the "Machinery and Equipment" forum of this website;

Name:  Screenshot_20190626-071137.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  17.3 KB

Searching for information or ammunition? Not a single reply and I think its time to let this tread die too. Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar Jun 26, 2019 | 07:45 253
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    This is a post from a thread started by " you know who" in the "Machinery and Equipment" forum of this website;

Searching for information or ammunition? Not a single reply and I think its time to let this tread die too.
    Information. So far I've driven rogators, a patriot, Nitro's and 4940's. Never tried the aim command system. Had a ride in an Agrifac, don't like it.
    I thought back then that I'd try posting the sprayer question in the appropriate category but most just use the commodity category for everything. I've emailed the moderator about that to no avail amongst other things. Reply With Quote
    Jun 26, 2019 | 08:27 254
    Quote Originally Posted by Austranada View Post
    Don't forget to do all your rate conversions to the new standard of litres per 1.1 acres. Aren't you glad alarmaphobic came to your rescue. I don't need a rest because I'm not on the treadmill. Go out and do something useful like taking Brix readings.

Already done brix ... things looking great
    No treadmill here , we walk in our own boots here
    Have a good one , and remember keep your crusade up against the big bad chem companies , leave fellow farmers alone , and don’t Ass sume you are the smartest one one the planet and none of here know how to think for ourselves. Many of us are way farther ahead of what you believe .
    We are all trying to make a living growing food , stop kicking mud on everyone ... it’s not doing you any good or your cause Reply With Quote

• Jun 26, 2019 | 09:33 255
    This is a post from a thread started by " you know who" in the "Machinery and Equipment" forum of this website;

Searching for information or ammunition? Not a single reply and I think its time to let this tread die too.
    Actually, I prefer to continue to let this thread morph into what it is becoming, a place for posting the growing list of benefits of this miraculous chemical, sharing prices and bargains, tips and tricks. Sounds like nearly everyone has you know who on ignore anyways, so it really won't affect the usefulness of the thread. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Austranada's Avatar Jun 26, 2019 | 10:14 256 If preharvest gly is banned would some still just go with Heat for the broadleaf weeds even though you wouldn't get the crop dessication, and do you know how that might affect marketability Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Jun 26, 2019 | 10:24 257 We never go higher than 2.741 liters per hectare of 360 a.e. glyphosate for preharvest weed control. I know that sounds high but the results are good. Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Jun 26, 2019 | 12:02 258 Sometimes we like to mix it up a bit and take our chances that no one finds out and apply 1.647 liters per hectare of 540 grams per liter a.e. glyphosate....equally good results.

Shhhhhh!!!!! Don't tell anyone!

Then sometimes we apply .666 liters per acre a.e. 540 glyphosate.....satanically evil results! Shhhhh! Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar Jun 26, 2019 | 17:20 259 https://sustainablepulse.com/2019/06/27/glyphosate-use-will-eventually-end-merkel-says/ Reply With Quote
    Jun 26, 2019 | 18:16 260 28 ml of Pursuit (1/3 rate) with the roundup spraying soybeans works great. Keeps volunteer canola away and its cheap. Have to be mindful of recropping but we normally always seed wheat or barley on the soybean stubble. LI 700 seems to be a good product to add to the roundup to for drift and a sticker. Reply With Quote
    Jun 27, 2019 | 02:42 261 Pointless debate but thought id poke my nose in.

This week a current affairs programme had a "roundup" episode a farmer with cancer.....well turns out kinda a hobby farmer,spraying in a open cab "done it all me life" short pants etc etc yeppers blames monsanto gonna sue.

But this popped up on twitter today not sure if you guys know what a "nuffield scholar" is but there held in high esteem top of the tree farmers just honest good guys.
    I quote "15 years ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 non Hodgson lymphoma, had 6 months chemo and made a full recovery. I’ve used glyphosate for 25 years as per directions of the label and industry best practice. My cancer had nothing to do with roundup and I confidently still use it." Grant Pontifex is his name. Those on twitter will find him.

Apparently hes now wished he kept quite been swamped with interview and other media requests. Only know of the guy rather than know him he will decline and try to keep a low profile.

Not getting in a debate with ozcanada but seems theres quite a groundswell of actual support for famers behind the scenes from many quarters which is great. Lots going on with farm groups, pollies some of the moderate environmentalists, farmers, apvma, nicnas csiro grdc everyones getting on the front foot. Reply With Quote
    Jun 27, 2019 | 07:37 262 Bayer is working on alternatives for glyphosphate. Buying Monsanto may have been the dumbest move by a corporate giant in a long time. Reply With Quote
    Jun 27, 2019 | 21:55 263
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Bayer is working on alternatives for glyphosphate.
    Actually, no they aren't. Reply With Quote
    Jun 27, 2019 | 23:55 264
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Bayer is working on alternatives for glyphosphate. Buying Monsanto may have been the dumbest move by a corporate giant in a long time.
    You're a dinosaur 'chuck. Just gracefully **** off and leave the farming to us. You've done so much damage to farming families during your CWB time you should be grateful to be let to slink off into obsolescence. Keep up your bullshit and I'd love to put my fist in your face. That goes for you and your buddy Vader/Flamen. **** you both. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• farmaholic's Avatar Jun 28, 2019 | 00:04 265
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    You're a dinosaur 'chuck. Just gracefully **** off and leave the farming to us. You've done so much damage to farming families during your CWB time you should be grateful to be let to slink off into obsolescence. Keep up your bullshit and I'd love to put my fist in your face. That goes for you and your buddy Vader/Flamen. **** you both.
    Care to add anyone else to the list? Reply With Quote
    Jun 28, 2019 | 00:10 266
    Care to add anyone else to the list?
    Lol. I miss Cotton. Can't fill his boots. Got the fire deep, deep down like he had though... Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar Jun 29, 2019 | 03:54 267
    Quote Originally Posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Pointless debate but thought id poke my nose in.

This week a current affairs programme had a "roundup" episode a farmer with cancer.....well turns out kinda a hobby farmer,spraying in a open cab "done it all me life" short pants etc etc yeppers blames monsanto gonna sue.

But this popped up on twitter today not sure if you guys know what a "nuffield scholar" is but there held in high esteem top of the tree farmers just honest good guys.
    I quote "15 years ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 non Hodgson lymphoma, had 6 months chemo and made a full recovery. I’ve used glyphosate for 25 years as per directions of the label and industry best practice. My cancer had nothing to do with roundup and I confidently still use it." Grant Pontifex is his name. Those on twitter will find him.

Apparently hes now wished he kept quite been swamped with interview and other media requests. Only know of the guy rather than know him he will decline and try to keep a low profile.

Not getting in a debate with ozcanada but seems theres quite a groundswell of actual support for famers behind the scenes from many quarters which is great. Lots going on with farm groups, pollies some of the moderate environmentalists, farmers, apvma, nicnas csiro grdc everyones getting on the front foot.
    Just an important detail. Nufarm sponsored his scholarship. Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar Jul 2, 2019 | 18:06 268 One small positive step

https://www.wsj.com/articles/austrian-herbicide-ban-adds-to-problems-for-roundup-owner-bayer-11562087770 Reply With Quote
    Jul 3, 2019 | 16:11 269 Must be lonely in your part of the “outback” .... no one to talk to but yourself ??? Pitty Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar Jul 3, 2019 | 18:07 270 https://www.9news.com.au/national/roundup-weed-killer-blacktown-council-workers-walk-off-job-amid-cancer-fears-sydney-news/93bc43cc-35e5-46fb-bbdc-61a3ac39939f

500 more friends just showed up
    Last edited by Austranada; Jul 3, 2019 at 18:10.