The end of glyphosate

Commodity Marketing

Tools

The end of glyphosate

May 6, 2019 | 06:50 91 Blocking Astranada. Ain't going to happen. Just to Comical. Good mix for this site. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Austranada's Avatar May 7, 2019 | 17:51 92 The EPA has been exposed. Perhaps that spells the end of chlorpyrifos as well.

https://sustainablepulse.com/2019/05/08/white-house-has-monsantos-back-on-pesticides-newly-revealed-document-says/#.XNIYz2Tmg0M Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar May 8, 2019 | 09:15 93 How much more carbon taxed Nitrogen fertiliser do you have to buy to make up for the lost yield potential you create by spraying gly and neoniconitoids thereby reducing beneficial bee populations for pollination

https://e360.yale.edu/features/bee-alert-is-a-controversial-herbicide-harming-honeybees Reply With Quote
    May 8, 2019 | 09:24 94 Bee pollination- I plant a garden in a greenhouse with NO bees. I don’t have a problem with pollination so whats all this BEE ESS? Reply With Quote
    May 8, 2019 | 09:38 95
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Bee pollination- I plant a garden in a greenhouse with NO bees. I don’t have a problem with pollination so whats all this BEE ESS?
    Cant tell if your serious or not? Reply With Quote
    May 8, 2019 | 16:10 96 Pourfarmer, you doubt me? In the greenhouse, we as a family, plant peas(need vinegar), beans, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers grow up the walls, carrots, beets, peppers galore just from store bought peppers. No bees in this greenhouse which is 30x70. Yet no problem with pollination. There may be a few mosquitos, but no bees. We have misters and automatic sprinkler system but never see a bee in there. Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar May 13, 2019 | 09:08 97
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Pourfarmer, you doubt me? In the greenhouse, we as a family, plant peas(need vinegar), beans, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers grow up the walls, carrots, beets, peppers galore just from store bought peppers. No bees in this greenhouse which is 30x70. Yet no problem with pollination. There may be a few mosquitos, but no bees. We have misters and automatic sprinkler system but never see a bee in there.
    A lot of what you're growing there is self pollinating. Maybe no bees in the greenhouse but flies and other insects do some pollination. Where bees are important is in the wider ecological balance. Good news for bees lately, looks like glyphosate and chlorpyrifos are on there way out. Bayer and BASF collapsing on the back of China retaliation. The price of some chemicals will actually go up due to supply problems just in time to rub salt in wound of commodity price crash Reply With Quote
    May 13, 2019 | 09:39 98 WTH does glyphosate have to do with bees? Please don't reference Sustainable Pulse or any other looney tunes.

Next you'll tell us glyphosate causes measles. Sheesh. Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar May 13, 2019 | 09:47 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    WTH does glyphosate have to do with bees? Please don't reference Sustainable Pulse or any other looney tunes.

Next you'll tell us glyphosate causes measles. Sheesh.
    Just search "glyphosate bees" in your preferred search engine. Old news Reply With Quote
    May 13, 2019 | 10:15 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Austranada View Post
    Just search "glyphosate bees" in your preferred search engine. Old news
    No. I want you to tell me in your own words. Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar May 13, 2019 | 10:54 101 Well, if Google says so it has to be true right?? Reply With Quote
    GDR
    May 13, 2019 | 10:55 102
    How much more carbon taxed Nitrogen fertiliser do you have to buy to make up for the lost yield potential you create by spraying gly and neoniconitoids thereby reducing beneficial bee populations for pollination

https://e360.yale.edu/features/bee-alert-is-a-controversial-herbicide-harming-honeybees
    Actual honey producers do not blame agricultural chemicals. Entirely made up be by enviro wackos and the odd backyard beekeeper that looks to blame their inexperience and mistakes on an easy target.

The banning of Neonicotinoid pesticides*is going to be detrimental to bees and other pollinators as it will increase other insecticide use at more crucial timing. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• May 13, 2019 | 13:11 103
    No. I want you to tell me in your own words.
    Well, good luck with that lol Reply With Quote
    May 13, 2019 | 13:12 104
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Actual honey producers do not blame agricultural chemicals. Entirely made up be by enviro wackos and the odd backyard beekeeper that looks to blame their inexperience and mistakes on an easy target.

The banning of Neonicotinoid pesticides*is going to be detrimental to bees and other pollinators as it will increase other insecticide use at more crucial timing.
    Not to mention that they need canola to eat
    Not so good if the flea beetles eat it first or farmers just say **** it and grow something else Reply With Quote
    May 13, 2019 | 13:15 105 Just keep saying this over and over
    “Glyphos bad”
    “Trump bad” Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• May 13, 2019 | 16:41 106 Sprayers just a givener today ...40-60k winds ..... get er done Reply With Quote
    Austranada's Avatar May 13, 2019 | 18:31 107 New seat option available for all SP sprayers
    May 13, 2019 | 19:09 108
    New seat option available for all SP sprayers
    You better use it Astranafa. If your gonna hoe the weeds out of all those acres you're have to be in shape. All those hours playing video games are a bitch on your fitness. Reply With Quote
    May 13, 2019 | 19:45 109
    You better use it Astranafa. If your gonna hoe the weeds out of all those acres you're have to be in shape. All those hours playing video games are a bitch on your fitness.
    Bahahaha Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar May 14, 2019 | 05:45 110 austrad your 125 min has started to get on my nerve.

You come on here with your bullshit.

Yes, I said it and I'll say it again its pure bullshit.

You are what is known as a troll.

A Sick f#$k who has nothing better to do than see modern farming end.

That is your sick goal.

your ideas are off the wall plain stupid.

I was able to put up with your bullshit but it's getting so sick it's not even worth looking at.

Yea Some useless court will give some people in the USA a few billion.

Wow.

it is a weed killer and not meant to drink or whatever these people did.

So F#$K OFF. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Austranada's Avatar May 14, 2019 | 05:55 111
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    austrad your 125 min has started to get on my nerve.

You come on here with your bullshit.

Yes, I said it and I'll say it again its pure bullshit.

You are what is known as a troll.

A Sick f#$k who has nothing better to do than see modern farming end.

That is your sick goal.

your ideas are off the wall plain stupid.

I was able to put up with your bullshit but it's getting so sick it's not even worth looking at.

Yea Some useless court will give some people in the USA a few billion.

Wow.

it is a weed killer and not meant to drink or whatever these people did.

So F#$K OFF.
    Good morning Reply With Quote
    May 14, 2019 | 05:56 112 The end of glyphosate is close on our farm....

have to remember to order more Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• May 14, 2019 | 06:06 113 Cant use it here cause it freezes every night because of this god damn carbon tax Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• SASKFARMER's Avatar May 14, 2019 | 09:13 114 He is a troll environmentalists I don’t believe a farmer. Grass and chuck are pain in the ass but this fool is sick and out to get farms . Meaningful discussion yea, disagreements yea a lot but when modern ag is attacked for pure push to zero chemicals isn’t s discussion. Reply With Quote
    May 14, 2019 | 14:23 115
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    He is a troll environmentalists I don’t believe a farmer. Grass and chuck are pain in the ass but this fool is sick and out to get farms . Meaningful discussion yea, disagreements yea a lot but when modern ag is attacked for pure push to zero chemicals isn’t s discussion.
    He might be a troll but apparently his posts aren't irrelevant …
    https://business.financialpost.com/news/fp-street/bayers-2-billion-roundup-damages-boost-pressure-to-settle Reply With Quote
    May 14, 2019 | 17:27 116 After successfully defending themselves and suing farmers over 40 years, why did they lose this specific court case? Why now? Follow the money.
    Bayer needs to rebrand glyphosate. They have to get rid of the evil Monsanto name.
    Lose more court cases, bankrupt Monsanto.
    The people will celebrate bringing down the evil Monsanto.
    Bayer will put the glyphosate in a different jug, give it a sexy name, and continue to sell their technology. Or else, introduce new seed/herbicide technology and charge farmers and extra $10.00/acre. The farmers will pay because the are “doing the right thing”. Reply With Quote
    May 14, 2019 | 18:21 117 Bayer lost the case because it was argued in California. Land of nut jobs.

Bayer will appeal. They will win eventually.

Hotel California. You can check out but you may never leave. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Austranada's Avatar May 14, 2019 | 23:30 118
    Quote Originally Posted by HITTGrapevine View Post
    He might be a troll but apparently his posts aren't irrelevant …
    https://business.financialpost.com/news/fp-street/bayers-2-billion-roundup-damages-boost-pressure-to-settle

A good read. Its a lot shorter than the glyphosate label

https://rodaleinstitute.org/blog/can-organic-feed-the-world/ Reply With Quote
    May 15, 2019 | 02:30 119 I agree with the dumguy.

Bees seem to play a very small role in food production or pollination for that matter. A few trials of various plants inside a net tells me that it’s all propaganda and fear mongering in order to save the beeS. Don’t get me wrong I like Bees but all the propaganda saying roundup is killing the bees and the worlds people will starve to death because of it is all BEE ESS. (As dumb guy says) Reply With Quote
    May 15, 2019 | 04:10 120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ache4Acres View Post
    I agree with the dumguy.

Bees seem to play a very small role in food production or pollination for that matter. A few trials of various plants inside a net tells me that it’s all propaganda and fear mongering in order to save the beeS. Don’t get me wrong I like Bees but all the propaganda saying roundup is killing the bees and the worlds people will starve to death because of it is all BEE ESS. (As dumb guy says)
    Wow. You guys understand that basically all tree fruit and berries requires external pollination? You also understand that sometimes pollination isnt required to produce food/fruit but is need for seed production (ie, propagation)?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_crop_plants_pollinated_by_bees Reply With Quote