• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask. farmer running in federal election

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask. farmer running in federal election

A grain farmer from southwest Saskatchewan is hoping to represent her community in Ottawa.

Megz Reynolds, who farms with her family near Kyle, Sask. is seeking the Conservative Party’s nomination in the riding of Cypress Hills-Grasslands.

Longtime Conservative representative David Anderson announced on March 4 that he wouldn’t be seeking reelection. He’s held the seat since 2000.

In the first part of a two-part interview with Reynolds, she talks with Farms.com about why she decided to enter the political arena and some of her top priorities on the campaign trail.

I just want to state it is not me the Original SF1 SF2 or SF3.

I think she is a good fit and at least would push Western Canadian Farm Issues.

The more representation from the west on Parliment Hill , the better off we will be !

Comment

Popularity contest...in grasslands....you could slap a conservative sticker on a chimpanzee and it would beat a liberal or ndp....

She is popular on twitter....and yet never engages here with actual experienced farmers....

Odd to not want that engagement??????

While embarking on a political career and seeing what's going on lately...

Judy Sgro would eat her up..
      Last edited by bucket; Mar 26, 2019, 07:23.

Comment

I am very disappointed, I thought you were going to give Ralph "THE CAREER POLITICIAN" Goodale a run for his money, you live in that constituency, don't you?

Just think, two terms and you get that infamous MP pension! And your name in the history books.

"Sinister" of Ag cabinet position...bigger pension than the lowly back-bencher.

Sorry, I can't be your campaign manager, you will be too hard to control.

....planting seeds in your "fertile" mind!

Comment

The seat will be conservative no matter who it is. We ve had representation from the west for ever in terms of a name but very rarely have had any real representation on our issues being dealt with.
          Dropping the cwb was a good thing until it clearly became evident it wasn’t as good for farmers as it was for grain companies and the railways due to no plan. We went from one monopoly to a monopoly of the grain cos. Still nice to sell and get your full value but we’ve lost sight of what that value should be. Instead of cwb pissing it up now we have the grain cos and railways taking more.
          Last edited by the big wheel; Mar 26, 2019, 09:37.

Comment

Sk3

You do realize this topic was discussed to death in a thread started by Seldomseen just a couple of weeks ago. Memory Lapses?

Many said she is nothing more than a hobby farmer and in favor of the SEED TAX. The same TAX you have stated over and over again your against.

Bucket said it best above!

Comment

Thanks farma but no that is the last thing I want.

Now yes Megz is wet behind the ear and needs to talk to real farmers, not the ones in debt up to their asshole.

One thing I am happy with she is a farm wife who works alongside her husband and family and is trying to carve out a life in Western Canada.

All the power to her but Ottawa is a rough town.

I hope to pray that Ralph gets kicked to the curb and maybe just maybe this time it will happen, most of my neighbours don't like Trudeau or Ralphy for sticking up to the idiot.

Comment

SK, 4th generation millennial farmers are pretty removed from the realities of this business. When I started farming we spent did a lot of work on pretty rough equipment while battling a drought in the 80s. Todays millennials biggest decision is when to wash off the quadtrac.

They haven't seen the real times this business can deliver and I say that makes them poor spokes people. Many are advocating for the seed tax.

Comment

This country is too ****en divided. The way the "Western Canada" file has been handled will leave a lasting mark on the Liberal Party of Canada's image. And it didn't have to.

What happened?

Gross incompetence?

Immature International virtue signalling while Western Canada burns?

What a domestic disaster and international embarrassment this government has been, no one respects or takes this circus of clowns serious..... FOOLS

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    SK, 4th generation millennial farmers are pretty removed from the realities of this business. When I started farming we spent did a lot of work on pretty rough equipment while battling a drought in the 80s. Todays millennials biggest decision is when to wash off the quadtrac.

They haven't seen the real times this business can deliver and I say that makes them poor spokes people. Many are advocating for the seed tax.
                    ..... I am literally worried and scared.

Comment

What kind of fool would advocate for a seed tax? When we see what kind of representation we are getting from our multitude of organizations we wanna add another to the string? Good grief!

Comment

anyone that wants another tax(i.e. seed, carbon, etc.) is living in a dream world , or on the take as is obvious in the seed tax scandal
                        oops hit the like button by mistake

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

I don’t think she falls into the spoiled millennial category. But she does fall in to the naive category. She is in favor of the seed tax using fancy phrases like “seed value creation”. We do know from twitter her endorsement can be purchased as it was for the ideal combine. Overall I think she could be good for farmers if she realizes that the industry isn’t always on the same side as actual farmers.

Comment

Farms.com Interview with Megz Reynolds:

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...