• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China to ban more of Canadian Grain than Canola?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China to ban more of Canadian Grain than Canola?

“purchase plans for wheat, peas, flax seed and ****seed meal have all been canceled,”

Original story, posted March 22, 2019:

China plans to restrict or stop imports of Canadian agricultural commodities beyond canola, according to a report from The Globe and Mail.

The story states, “purchase plans for wheat, peas, flax seed and ****seed meal have all been canceled,” said Gao Huazhi, chief executive of Jiangsu Tongliang International, which imports Canadian agricultural products. ...Previously contracted cargoes that are on the water or presently being imported still seem to be getting through, and “we’re certainly hopeful that they go through the inspection process . . .

From the Western Producer: ED WHiTE "I suspect there will be a heightened inspection process in China because of the concerns that they have raised.”

"There are also worrisome signs that the Chinese government has also managed to scare-off Chinese buyers from looking at Canada’s other crops, which often find a good market there.

So crashes a market that was expected to take more than 40 percent of Canada’s canola this year. That’s the problem with depending so heavily upon one gigantic market, and it being one not governed by the rule-of-law or with a commitment to good intentions in trade. None of this will likely resolve until Meng Wanzhou, the Huawei executive detained in Canada under a US extradition request, is settled."

What is actually going on?
    From the Western Producer:
    "UPDATED – 1110 CST, March 25, 2019 – Canadian government and industry, agriculture and trade officials, say there is officially no abnormal restriction on agricultural product exports to China, with the exception of canola seed.

"The Canadian Agriculture and Food Trade Association and the federal Minister of Agriculture confirm that the restrictions are only on the seed itself. CAFTA officials interviewed the morning of March 25 by the Western Producer told it that the Chinese export situation has not changed, despite media reports that suggest it is officially or unofficially expanding to other Canadian agricultural exports."
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Mar 25, 2019, 13:12.

Let's all grow more, pay more seed taxes with the latest varieties and then get shut out of markets by an incompetent government. ...let me know how it works out for an average western Canadian farmer....

Grow more ....make less.

But keep posting those yields...

Comment

Fake news I heard just an hour ago from a higher up at RP. Only canola seed from Richardsons is being blocked at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Fake news I heard just an hour ago from a higher up at RP. Only canola seed from Richardsons is being blocked at this time.
        Could be ..Richardson is a canadian company....the others are maybe too small or they are international.

Think China would go after Cargill or Glencore shipments?????

Although I think it is Canadian canola and they are looking/threatening more commodities just to tighten the screws before the next court date of the Huawei executive??????

Comment

Heard the same this morning . Only thing stopped is rp canola ? Wonder where the WP guy is getting his info ? Or who is right ?

Comment

WDIK, what do I know, nothing, same as Sergeant Schulz. Maybe China running a big bluff.
            American farmers pissed China’s not buying from them. At the same time reports of China pork into the USA, and possibly infected. Trumps tariffs on Chineses goods to America causing trade problems for American farm production. But China can’t feed itself, and with low pork production they must have to rely heavily on South America.
            IDK

Comment

I dont know what is fact or fiction with China's import policy but its cost me 50 cents a bu on a malt barley contract I was working on last week. Just received an email notification yesterday. Anyone that thinks this is just going to affect canola is not living in reality. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Could be ..Richardson is a canadian company....the others are maybe too small or they are international.

Think China would go after Cargill or Glencore shipments?????

Although I think it is Canadian canola and they are looking/threatening more commodities just to tighten the screws before the next court date of the Huawei executive??????
                You guy realize that James Richardson was a cabinet minister for Pierre Trudeau right ??? I’m thinking the Richardson family and Trudeau family know each other . China isn’t dumb . Bet if you started cancelling seed from Richardson that would really get there attention .

Comment

The dollar drop a bushel is real.

it is affecting all crops.

Stupid farmers spend spend spend like normal to feed all the pigs.

Nothing to see move on till fall when China and the USA have a deal and were screwed selling the product at a discount to the USA to ship to China at a higher cost.

F#$K people are stupid.

Comment

https://twitter.com/cbcalerts/status/1110519298295037952?s=21

Comment

The claim that it was fake new by the RP fellow was fake news.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Mar 26, 2019, 07:04.

Comment

Comment

The respose by the liberal Trudeau government. ....nothing to see here folks ....it's western Canada. ...so **** off while we are dividing up 3.9 BILLION to our patriot farmers in Quebec....

Comment

China's strategy to bankrupt western Canadian farmers then buy up the land on the cheap with Canadian shell corps?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                              China's strategy to bankrupt western Canadian farmers then buy up the land on the cheap with Canadian shell corps?
                              Trudeau----Richardson---China--connection it might be their master plan....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...