• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Pressured Whom?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Pressured Whom?

Maybe Trudeau isn't the bad guy we made out to be. Maybe he held the line on something much worse that he probably unleashed unknowingly.

https://www.c2cjournal.ca/2019/03/who-pressured-whom/ Who Pressured Whom?

Wilson-Raybould’s insistence on a real “nation-to-nation” deal with Ottawa, including imposing obligations to fund 600-plus Indigenous nations in perpetuity and give them de facto command of the country’s economy, was too much even for Trudeau.

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Maybe Trudeau isn't the bad guy we made out to be. Maybe he held the line on something much worse that he probably unleashed unknowingly.

Wilson-Raybould’s insistence on a real “nation-to-nation” deal with Ottawa, including imposing obligations to fund 600-plus Indigenous nations in perpetuity and give them de facto command of the country’s economy, was too much even for Trudeau.
    A long read, but very interesting opinion. And I have to give credit to the online publication that ran this opinion. It comes right out and admits it has a small c conservative, free market, libertarian bias. Two members of its editorial board worked for Harper and one is a political science prof at the university of Calgary. This is not the type of publication, or staff, that you would expect to see defending Trudeau; which adds to the credibility of the opinion. If anything the column should be a wakeup call to look behind first appearances and our own bias for the bigger story. Thanks for the link Jazz.

Comment

Bigwheels highlighted a Conrad Black article that makes many of the same points;

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad-black-snc-lavalin-is-a-sideshow-to-the-real-wilson-raybould-issue

Another example of MSM not wanting or willing to touch a PC sensitive subject.

With this type of Liberal economics I'm afraid no future federal government can do anything but take more of our money for generations.

Comment

I think most Canadians think of reconciliation combined with more social and economic integration into our society. I know I do. But that article says those groups want nothing of the sort. Basically its arguing for become a kept state within a state and holding all the economic cards as well. Its really twisting the spirit of the discussion including the agreements and laws we already have in place.

its so much like all special interest groups, give them an inch and they will take a mile.
        Last edited by jazz; Mar 22, 2019, 10:00.

Comment

Sadly no one seems to be able to reconcile the cheque book because they keep handing out billions to a black hole. ..

Meanwhile farmers that are contributing to Canadas economy get SFA.

Evraz got 40 million
          Steel companies got more
          Dairy is well compensated

Grain and cattle farms are told to go **** themselves....

Comment

There's absolutely no doubt that JWR is a whackadoo with a pro-Indian, anti-Canadian agenda. Sock boy gave her the platform and he's reaping the reward of that incredibly stupid decision. The whole bloody works of them need to be chucked to the curb but its karma that she is turning on him.

Comment

Raybould is whacky just like her dad. If anyone is gonna derail her it’ll be her dads mouth.

Comment

I think most Canadians think of reconciliation combined with more social and economic integration into our society. I know I do. But that article says those groups want nothing of the sort. Basically its arguing for become a kept state within a state and holding all the economic cards as well. Its really twisting the spirit of the discussion including the agreements and laws we already have in place.

its so much like all special interest groups, give them an inch and they will take a mile.
                I realy dont know how to state the obvious, you all complain how much the natives get but did you ever concider that if you need a pair of boots that cost $30 the gov gives you $10,just what did you gain you are short 20,so no boots.
                Then with next breath you demand more gov assistance for grains,milk,eggs,highways, rail,terminals,ect how does that make you any different than the natives,at least they do have a contract with gov to provide whereas you only want to grow and demand the gov make sure you are profitable.

Comment

Deeper it goes;

https://www.globalresearch.ca/snc-lavalin-site-c-bulk-water-export/5671247 Canada’s SNC-Lavalin Affair: The Site C Dam Project and Bulk Water Export

Comment

I realy dont know how to state the obvious, you all complain how much the natives get but did you ever concider that if you need a pair of boots that cost $30 the gov gives you $10,just what did you gain you are short 20,so no boots.
                    Then with next breath you demand more gov assistance for grains,milk,eggs,highways, rail,terminals,ect how does that make you any different than the natives,at least they do have a contract with gov to provide whereas you only want to grow and demand the gov make sure you are profitable.

Horse, I think you’re ignoring hard work, investment, risk and maybe most of all taxes paid.

Comment

Jazz

Re: water projects and SNC, if Trudeau just wasn’t ready before, he’s starting to learn about treading water.
                      Just watched a CBC interview, and he covered subjects JWR, SNC, canola and some others pretty well.
                      But, talk is cheap.

Comment

Yep some keep wanting to hear the whole story they might not like.

But this is what happens when an idiot picks extreme nutcases and gives them high positions they know nothing at all about. It comes back to bite him in the ass. Well deserved, not that he likely isn’t innocent of pressuring the nuts but these wackos have their own agenda and anyone that thinks that agenda is good for everyone and better than how bad it is now. What a surprise the left media and the right media are praising 2 extreme nuts. What limitless power do these dummies have????

Comment

A hoist on his own petard.

Comment

Here is what I think of this topic:

600 native bands get "compensation in perpetuity" from the government . We are carrying close to 1 trillion dollars of debt in this country now, so who is going to pay the bill? Who is minding the store? This may sound painful , but 33% of the people in this country are paying 100% of the bills , and we are bleeding a lot of red ink every minute of every day. We cannot afford to pay these people out , and it boils down to the question of " when does the finger-pointing ever end"? We can't be responsible for other peoples choices from over 100 years ago. Be responsible for yourself , and take care of yourself. The world does not owe anyone a lifetime lottery cheque!

Comment

Paint me with any brush you like. But this will only get much worse. More people who don't know how to make money in charge of spending it.
                              Everytime I look at current school curriculum or go to a school event I grind my teeth. Every event has homage paid first to the First Nations Treaty# we're standing on. **** our forefathers who built the building we're standing in.
                              This will never get better. Like any abusive relationship, we just keep taking shit because it's 'safer'.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.