• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China refuses purchases of all Canadian canola;

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If every single farmer woke up and realized what the hell is happening to Agriculture in Canada they soon would unite instead of this me against them.

If every guy phoned next Friday and cancelled 1/3 of the canola seed they need with a statement we are done with this shit of expensive everything it wouldn't take long for the big boys to phone Ottawa and say dip shit you need to address the situation.

But as long as stupid farmers think they are so smart and pick each other apart nothing will change.

Totally shut down won't be settled till after fall and USA will have a deal before that we will get what little china feels it needs to take. Basically nothing.

The USA wins Canada and our dip shit loose.

So yea I could go.

3000 canola down 2000

6000 HRS up

500 peas flat

500 barley flat.

Comment

Did anyone have any trouble with ADAMA chemicals last year?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADAMA_Agricultural_Solutions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADAMA_Agricultural_Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
        Did anyone have any trouble with ADAMA chemicals last year?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADAMA_Agricultural_Solutions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADAMA_Agricultural_Solutions
        Was just reviewing all their chemicals this morning over coffee. Plan on using them this year due to huge cost saving. What I like about them is they warranty all products. Prices are way cheaper than the “big boys”, even after all the BS rebates it’s still cheaper to use generic.
        I hate waiting for my final chemical cheque, reminds me of waiting for my final payment for the good ol CWB back in the day.
        I’m having a meeting with a retailer and a rep next wk.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
          Was just reviewing all their chemicals this morning over coffee. Plan on using them this year due to huge cost saving. What I like about them is they warranty all products. Prices are way cheaper than the “big boys”, even after all the BS rebates it’s still cheaper to use generic.
          I hate waiting for my final chemical cheque, reminds me of waiting for my final payment for the good ol CWB back in the day.
          I’m having a meeting with a retailer and a rep next wk.
          Hmmm Adama is owned by Chemchina. Warranty all products, heard that one before, try claiming. Believe me I know. They like to deal with big corporates like 250000 acres or so. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
            Hmmm Adama is owned by Chemchina. Warranty all products, heard that one before, try claiming. Believe me I know. They like to deal with big corporates like 250000 acres or so. Good luck.
            Well the big companies say they warranty, but have every excuse in the book why something didn’t work. Most of all it’s the farmers fault. Too hot, too cold, and the list goes on.

Comment

This is going to get worse before it gets better. What other commodities will they block? China is a major importer of several commodities.

A lot of the blame lies with Trumps trade war with the China.

The USA doesn't want Huawei to supply 5 G technology to the US. So they decide to ask Canada to arrest the Huawei executive and Trump muses about cutting a deal with China and releasing her?

If and when Scheer becomes Prime Minster what will he be able to do? Do you think Trump will listen to Scheer when his target is China?

Is Scheer prepared to politically interfere in the legal extradition, after attacking Trudeau over interference in the SNC case? I doubt that would be an option.

Welcome to the new world order where politics, protectionism and trade wars are more important than free trade. You can thank Trump for that.

Comment

Trump is the black swan. Idiot is responsible for spat with China. If Canada sides with China U.S. trade in jeopardy .

Comment

Price won't drop to nothing as jazz had said, as the price drops more customers become interested, so the loss won't be like there won't be a market for it at all. It'll go other places, but it will be less.

Comment

Here is what you do. First stop pissing off trump with your nattering especially from the minister of foreign affairs. he is the president and that's that. Stop acting like he is going to get removed. That was our stupid govts first mistake. Secondly recognize we are a weak country and we need to be under some ones wing. I will take the US in that choice. Make the choice and follow through with the best relations we can muster.

Trumps china deal is still in motion. It might need a trophy to get it through. We have the trophy. Go tell trump we will extradite her right away so he can release her under some pretext and secure his deal but he needs to make a side deal with china for us to resume our trade. Otherwise we will just hold onto mrs meng, maybe long enough to miss the court date and release her ourselves. You get in there and negotiate and stop the bloody SJW preaching to both the US and China and whoever. God we have idiots in charge with their stupid virtue signalling and no action.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                      Trump is the black swan. Idiot is responsible for spat with China. If Canada sides with China U.S. trade in jeopardy .
                      Yeah what an idiot, standing up for his country, trade, farmers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                        If it helps guys glyphosate is WIDELY used as a dessicant and in roundup ready canola in OZ no such bans so its political argument not chemical argument.

ps we dont have roundup ready canola in our state were GM free only mainland state in aust to be so.

have a good weekend guys
                        Thanks mallee that's mostly right. Tasmania has a ban on GM canola to be reviewed in November. Australia produces about 10% of what Canada produces, so not very much. About half of that is crushed domestically. Most of the canola grown is triazine tolerant so not GMO. The uptake of GM or RR or Truflex for that matter has been poor due to high cost of seed, poor performance etc. No Liberty Link here or Clearfield. The main weed problem is ryegrass and that's resistant to gly so most guys have stayed with brown bagged triazine tolerant here in western Australia
                        To have some sort of weed control guys spray 2 or 3 times over the summer to knockdown anything that comes up after harvest. Usually spiked gly followed by paraquat. Rinse and repeat till seeding. Then preplant treflan atrazine and propizamide followed by atrazine top up. Come September there's usually another flush of weeds so in October the fields are again sprayed with either gly if the canola is left standing or paraquat under the knife if swathed. A lot of the exported canola goes to Europe for biofuels because the west Australian canola has very high oil content. Lots goes to Japan and Malaysia. Some canola is exported to China but they are not too concerned with gly residue yet because it doesn't represent a lot of the volume coming in the country. Mostly used to feed the 5 billion chickens. So in essence whether Australian canola is ****d with gly or not is a non issue at the moment in China's eyes but let me assure you that testing and traceability has definitely stepped up.

Comment

The difference between Scheer and Trudeau is Scheer and staff will hopefully act like adults when they represent Canada in trade deal. IMO that will go a lot further in signing deals with other countries including the USA than acting like school children.

Comment

Comment

His next 2 searches were probably what is Saskatchewan and what is Alberta.

Comment

Making the assumption that no one is working hard on this file is naive.

Trudeau may be an idiot, but experienced career diplomats don't generally negotiate sensitive trade issues or political issues on twitter or in public.

Swallow hard and admit Trump led us down this path.

Trump could fix it tomorrow if he dropped charges against Meng.

He barely cares about his own farmers. Why would he care about Canadian farmers who have no voting power? We are just more collateral damage in his trade war.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.