• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thirsty Thursday! Its almost the Weekend!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thirsty Thursday! Its almost the Weekend!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gHkdP3e3QEyHYFr3ai5G2g.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	778323

Well, the Gophers are out, spring started yesterday and water she is running. Not much snow this winter so far but its time to head North and get to work. Yea grass get to work. See you don't have to live in Canada all year.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday will start next Thursday. As of today, I feel we will be seeding in 41 days. For our area, May 1st is the magic day as the ground doesn't warm up till then and weeds aren't growing much and snow could be still in the odd bush.

I like reports like the one in Yorkton paper that farmers are optimistic about the 2019 growing season. I said it before asking farmers not business that sells stuff to farmers.

From what I am hearing the day the China shit show started and Canola was shut down all sales came to a screeching halt and haven't come back as the Trudeau liberals and All Canola groups have not done anything. I guess it's like the budget will balance itself comment if we wish upon a star and pray very hard it will all work out. Maybe with Farming and settling this whole dispute we have to wish upon a star.

Name:	53544669_2380537885312179_1736882012838428672_n.jpg
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	778324

So enough about the Liberals and Trudeau it's spring and hopefully, by fall he is gone and never comes back and the liberals realize it was a big F#$K up and actually find someone with common sense to take over the party and work for Canadians, not the World.

Ok, the weather is totally awesome. Hell, its a 10 out of 10.

Is it climate change hahahahahahahahaha. This week I was talking a lot with old friends from School and we were all remembering when by March 7 the Rink ice was just about slush and we fell in sloughs on the playground and the teachers were so mad at us. Or as we got older in High School and the back roads were open we could go Drink on Friday nights and have a fire. Hey, it was the 70s No seat belts fast cars and drive-ins.

So is it climate change if 40 some years ago the weather was the same in Saskatchewan as it is today. Its weather sorry climate Scare guys its Weather.

On the farm this week we have started to clean the seed plant before the first batch is run. For some reason, this past winter the farm's entire sparrow population has decided our seed plant would be a great home and what a fricking mess. Anyone know how to kill sparrows in massive numbers let me know.

Name:	SwXWja1tS7SiHLFeR4mHiw.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	778325

MAybe we should revamp the seed plant and become seed growers for just our farm. Save on the seed tax. Just saying.

Also, it was a great day yesterday to dig out drill one and two and actually find a dry spot ok, area with no snow to unfold and get ready to work on them. New discs on the front are needed for both.

Name:	VChDKq95Ra2R0weaQ15zUg.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	778326

Well got the shock of my life yesterday, the wife phoned on way home and said we were out of canned tomato soup and she needed some so pick it up. Well, 16.99 for a flat. Like, welcome to Canada the same soup can be found in the grocery store by our south house for 9.48 after the exchange.

Boose well let's just say its time to almost quit that habit when back home. Ah, shit its way to expensive just drink water from the tap it won't kill you and it's still free on farms expensive in the city.

Name:	Thirsty-And-Dehydrated-But-Your-Drinking-2-Litres-A-Day.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	778327

Ok here is today's drink for an awesome sunny day in Saskatchewan.

Leaves of Grass
    Ingredients:
    2 oz Botanist Gin
    .5 oz blueberry liqueur
    .5 oz fresh thyme cordial
    .75 oz fresh blood orange juice
    .5 oz ginger-mint syrup
    Fresh blueberries
    Club soda

Instructions:
    Add all ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Strain into a coupe glass. Top with club soda and garnish with wild mint leaves.

Yummy.

One last thing I noticed going home from the farm, Besides the New Canadian semi driver who tried to cross between highway one on one of those little cop turn arounds. What are they building on the east side of Regina it looks like the docks in Miami.

continued>

Name:	ZSnz5ZY5SHCIEQ92+NEjRQ.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	767157

Name:	xZgQtkkuSBuVXwriRPyvNw.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	767158

One last thing Drew has forcast that looks like a dry weather pattern into spring. Canola will have issues coming up and could see frost some mornings to nip its wings. Ah, optimistic yea its another crop. Enjoy time with family and friends as the busy season is coming fast.

Name:	wrHP%w9RQ3GV+klCmNQUIw.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	767159

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      One last thing I noticed going home from the farm, Besides the New Canadian semi driver who tried to cross between highway one on one of those little cop turn arounds. What are they building on the east side of Regina it looks like the docks in Miami.

continued>

That's Murads little container quick load isn't it? Probably bought with federal tax dollars. I don't sell anything to those guys and they are just miles from my place.

Comment

Yea that's what I thought JT and Ralphy Boy dropped by and probably funded it. Ah, who says we get nothing in Wascana.

Name:	kDNcdF04QaGhW2I+uv%Lwg.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	767160

Comment

I can't imagine the beating the new Canadian gave the clutch on that truck lmao!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=SASKFARMER3;405590]Yea that's what I thought JT and Ralphy Boy dropped by and probably funded it. Ah, who says we get nothing in Wascana.

Good to see a more modern, higher capacity container facility.

We are way overdo.

To bad politics is involved as it probably s/b in Saskatoon.

Comment

Hey, it's great I have to agree but as always follow the money.

Nothing for farmers hurt by Trudeau on Canola or Peas, not even a mention.

What hurt did the chicken farmers have in Nafta?

Name:	gSc1SxuQTZqiePD86RrsVQ.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	767161

Comment

Well two mornings of cleaning shit up. I feel for Justin Trudeau. I really do.

Comment

Takes the boss to get things rocking 🥌

Comment

We’re busy so far today two chemical reps and after dinner a elevator rep.

Great to be outside today

Comment

Sloughs are showing up but runoff will be min.

Comment

We will be a bit yet getting things ready
                        The ole JD planter there just come out of hibernation a few days ago lol .

Comment

Yea you have more snow and your ground is wetter.

Comment

Spent Friday pushing snow out of C&D ditches. Getting ready for water.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...