• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A separate politics thread...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A separate politics thread...

Please start one , this marketing thread is getting ruined by waves on both sides.
    Let’s stick to marketing here , maybe put politics some other thread .
    This morning d sling fest will only get worse as the year goes on . Which is fine but do it somewhere else.

You're not the only one who brought this up.

Some people are saying they don't come here as often because of the climate change and political debate, although I've contributed my fair share to the political B.S.

Seems no one tips their hands for fear someone might see their marketing cards.

Can't say what you want about marketing scams and schemes without possible GrainCo repercussions.

Who wants to reveal a hot "niche" market without everyone else jumping in and over-supplying/over-producing it.

Who wants to trade paper?

Who wants to assume all the pricing risk with futures, calls, and puts while signing futures or basis first contracts and committing to supply the grain.....and take the pricing risk when the grain is as good as gone? What happened to good old DDCs on grain in storage?

Whose tired of hearing "funds and speculators" are driving markets while fundamentals haven't changed.

Markets are ****ing.....
    Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 19, 2019, 21:42.

Comment

I look at NAT for marketing once or twice a week but even that gets narky over there way more than our beloved agriville. Even in marketing thread.

But sheer volume of posters you pick up stuff ocassionally.

Wereas maybe were polar opposite 100 or so members but lots of posts from members and not many lurkers

Comment

Even a off topic thread??

Like today my son got his P plates. Had his learners permit for 12 months now 1 year p1 plates another year p2 then full licence. Zero alcohol until full licence no speeds over 100kmh limited to 4.5t so legally cant drive tractor on road until full licence. Ony 4 demerit point cant go off his licence before he loses it i can lose 12 with full licence.
        Not allowed to have another p plate or learner driver with him between midnight and 5am adults only or full licence holder but special permits can be applied for.

$160 for learners permit 12 months. $260 for driving lessons. $180 for VORT vehicle on road test which he had to pass 90% or better $31 for a computer ized hazard identification test done today. Then another $130 for P 1 application and processing. $661 talk about revenue raising.

He could have skipped the vort test whic basically you drive and they say your competant 90% you pass or you can do a qaulified intrusted licence almost $700 to 1000 but they tick of each thing you do correct until you get everything right then licence is granted.

He chanced his hand and succeeded.

We had to drive nearly 2 hour to test town.

Anyway got there and spoke to instructor who happened to have best looking mullett ive seen in 30 yrs and he said dont stress shell be right. Asked me were we came from told him he said fark...i will make sure he doesnt have to come back. And with a hair do like that what can go wrong i thought.

So he had to drive a vehicle he hadnt driving before mid size family car.

The boy said he got 92%, what did you do wrong once i parked and hit the kerb with the tyre 4% off score and accelarating to fast 4% off. The guy also said could have failed ya over speed limit by 4kms once but he was good to his word hes a driver.

Cant go for truck permit till 18 and another $3000 all up.

Hope you guys know what a mullett hair cut is farma probably had one in his halycon days

Comment

Furrow, I've seen other forums where they started a separate section for "Political Bull" and some of the people who did nothing but discuss politics moved over to it which helped the site. I don't see it working on Agriville as most of the frequent participants post both farm/market related posts/comments as well as political ones sometimes at different times, other times interwoven. Maybe Admin could re-title the different forums? make this one "General" and change "Crop Production and Forage" to "Crop Production/Marketing"?

Comment

Furrow

While I agree with what you are saying ...I have a question at the end of the following dribble....

Canola is priced off soybeans.....Trump introduced a trade battle with China which lowered the price of soybeans ...and by extension lowered the price of canola....Trump then promised to make the farmers whole on their pricing by handing out 12 billion dollars ...1.65 per bushel (2.20cdn) on soybeans....there was no top up on canola...next the ****ing dummy in Ottawa had 5 days to concoct a plan not to have anything to do with the HAUWEI exec...he did nothing and ....now we are seeing a decline in canola prices ....by a dispute with China ....partly by Trump ...but more so by the incompetence of Trudeau....which will affect all commodities with acreage shifts ...and by both political interventions canola and other canadian crops have lost value....with no support by the canadian government....

Then add in a 3.9 billion support for supply managed farmers ....while others are left on their own....

So how do you talk marketing without talking politics?????
            Last edited by bucket; Mar 20, 2019, 06:18.

Comment

I have to agree with Grass on this one.

Our Markets are affected by politics every day and if you don't believe that so sad but it is true.

Some have blinders on and can't see the big picture but Ag is the next target and its sad.

Agriville isn't losing members it's adding.

Keep posting because if the Conservatives win and Andrew Screws up I will be the first to slam his sorry ass.

If Trudeau wins ill show his positives and his faults.

If the NDP ever wins federally I'm moving to my beloved Florida.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.