• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 1st "National Cancel your 2019 Canola Seed Day".

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Sheepwheat, canola seed prices tend to open my eyes, arch my eyebrows and tighten my anal sphincter all at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Yes Sheepwheat, canola seed prices tend to open my eyes, arch my eyebrows and tighten my anal sphincter all at the same time!
      Thats because you don't see a jar of vaseline anywhere nearby....

Comment

Prices for everything else are shitty also. So why would acres drop. There is no choice you have to seed something.

Comment

You are onto something with Seed Companies, SF3.

I've been waiting for the federal press release that compensates the family R company for the hit it may have took from having its China licence lifted. I thought that may have been the first announcement of the newly installed agriculture minister. Remember, Trouble is all about jobs, jobs, jobs from large business, not small business.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            Well you picked the right day for it.
            I don't see the significance of announcing this on March 19, can someone enlighten me on what makes this the right day for it?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              I don't see the significance of announcing this on March 19, can someone enlighten me on what makes this the right day for it?
              Agreed!

lets be honest, farmers are not going to cancel seed purchases on April 1. Nor is this about cost of seed. It is simply another SK3 Trudeau attack disguised as farm action.

If seed is too expensive, why did you purchase it in the first place? Time of purchase would have been the time to resist high seed costs.

Seed companies are not to blame for the China action against Richardson, so why are we punishing them. And I bet they have already made their voice clear to government that something needs to be done about China as they are also dependant on in crop products and even some have ties to export of canola.

I have no doubt that the loss of Richardson's licence is political over Huawei but Canada was put in a no win situation by the US. The US made a formal request for the arrest under international law which Canada is subject to. Would it have been better to refuse and piss off our biggest trade partner to the south? I doubt it.

Finally, IMHO canola prices have been pressured more by US trade policies and tariffs than one Canadian grain company losing the China market. And getting the Richardson embargo lifted will not bring back the canola prices to where they should be. Until we see US soy trade and prices normalized we will not see canola prices improve.

This thread is BS and farmers who follow SK3s suggestion will have about as much credibility to their suppliers as China has pulling Richardson's licence.

Comment

Wow the haters are out in full force.

Some farmers are to stupid to realize you follow the money.

I don’t see the UofM or UofS swimming with wealth thanks to canola.

But the seed companies have it good.

Stupid farmers will do as we want they all are working against each other. Profit continues.

But no it not about a insane federal gov that has no clue how the world works.

If what I propose worked you would have action because we have to feed the pigs.

Comment

I cancelled canola seed 13 years ago.
                  That is all I have to say ‘bout de canola seed bidness Forrest.

Many farmers can’t afford not to seed canola. Think about that.
                  What else can you plant that provides you with the best chance at profit?

Dont seed canola, the political issue clears up in July and the market recovers to profitable prices. You would look silly to the neighbors with no canola. Stay the course, keep a proper rotation, buy a new sprayer and farm through it. Don’t look sideways.

Comment

The political issue will clear up I just spit out my coffee.

This is a play by USA and a stupid incompetent Canadian gov.

The USA is close to a deal China needs the USA to sell their junk.

The USA will get a deal and grain will be on the table up to three times what was taken before.

Ah canada will be done.

Then watch India will dump us in next few weeks

All thanks to Trudeau.

Keep believing

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      The political issue will clear up I just spit out my coffee.

This is a play by USA and a stupid incompetent Canadian gov.

The USA is close to a deal China needs the USA to sell their junk.

The USA will get a deal and grain will be on the table up to three times what was taken before.

Ah canada will be done.

Then watch India will dump us in next few weeks

All thanks to Trudeau.

Keep believing

Leftist, Liberals, urban, suburban, millennials will all be cheering that Justin has shut down the second largest carbon emitter,,, Agriculture. Trudeau will be getting more votes than ever. Shutting down oil, now shutting down ag. That dirty agriculture, with all it's tractors and all those trucks the semis and even those low mileage gas gusling 3-tons and pick-ups trucks,,,,my god,,,the pick-ups trucks! All that other powered equipment and livestock,,,,my god,,,the Cows! All those farts and all the cruelty,,,,my god,,,the cattle and hogs have to go, and don't forget about the milk!!! So cruel and nobody needs milk anymore!!!

The irony will be completely lost on them, but by god,,,we're burning less carbon! We're good little liberals.

Comment

The start date - April 1 - befitting for a SF3 plan of action to kick off. All talk, no action - he'll seed canola again this year - needs something to bitch about all summer and boast about after harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                          Leftist, Liberals, urban, suburban, millennials will all be cheering that Justin has shut down the second largest carbon emitter,,, Agriculture. Trudeau will be getting more votes than ever. Shutting down oil, now shutting down ag. That dirty agriculture, with all it's tractors and all those trucks the semis and even those low mileage gas gusling 3-tons and pick-ups trucks,,,,my god,,,the pick-ups trucks! All that other powered equipment and livestock,,,,my god,,,the Cows! All those farts and all the cruelty,,,,my god,,,the cattle and hogs have to go, and don't forget about the milk!!! So cruel and nobody needs milk anymore!!!

The irony will be completely lost on them, but by god,,,we're burning less carbon! We're good little liberals.
                          Grassfarmer should be along to commend and possibly recruit you. If this farming thing doesn't work out for you, sounds like you could get a job writing press releases for the NFU, that would fit right in. Just have to learn to keep a straight face while doing so, and make sure no one notices your tongue being planted firmly in your cheek, might be easier said than done...

Comment

If you guys don’t think this is all about politics and canada USA and China and nothing on shitty canola your living the dream.

Trudeau f$&ked up and we are suffering. Seed canceled.

Comment

Grassfarmer should be along to commend and possibly recruit you. If this farming thing doesn't work out for you, sounds like you could get a job writing press releases for the NFU, that would fit right in. Just have to learn to keep a straight face while doing so, and make sure no one notices your tongue being planted firmly in your cheek, might be easier said than done...
                              AB5, maybe pay attention to want I typed,

"Leftist, Liberals, urban, suburban, millennials will all be cheering that Justin has shut down the second largest carbon emitter"

ending with, "the irony will be lost on them"

I was speaking of what Trudeau supporters will be cheering, how you mixed me up in that is beyond me!

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                                AB5, maybe pay attention to want I typed,

"Leftist, Liberals, urban, suburban, millennials will all be cheering that Justin has shut down the second largest carbon emitter"

ending with, "the irony will be lost on them"

I was speaking of what Trudeau supporters will be cheering, how you mixed me up in that is beyond me!
                                Sorry for the confusion, I was trying to be sarcastic in return. I thought you made a very good post and it deserved notice. Apparently I failed to convey my sarcasm completely.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...