• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Budget

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Budget

High Speed internet for all of Canada by 2030. Hope they start at White City, just 8 miles out of Regina.

I'd much rather prefer a nice high quality set of guillotines.

Comment

High speed internet ...I would be happy with just cell phone service in as many places as possible...

Its amazing that an average farm business is worth 500k but has the poorest service to do their job....

Tell a kid in Regina coming home from his part time minimum wage job that he couldn't phone home and ask whats for supper and their would be a some colour of vest protest!!!!!

But ask for being able to communicate on the farm and the response is there isn't enough people out here to justify it...

But my phone bill is higher than the kid in the city and you are giving him more freebies????

WTF.

Comment

Holy cow! 2030? Did they just notice this now?????
        I also heard they want to make owning a home affordable for all Canadians.
        Are frigging kidding???? That would make us the only country in the world that would be realistic for all income classes. The 1950s phenomenon of all class home ownership is over and JT will reverse that. Budgets....

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Holy cow! 2030? Did they just notice this now?????
          I also heard they want to make owning a home affordable for all Canadians.
          Are frigging kidding???? That would make us the only country in the world that would be realistic for all income classes. The 1950s phenomenon of all class home ownership is over and JT will reverse that. Budgets....
          Have to roll back mortgage down payment rate to 5 or 10%. With deposit and contingency fund, the banks want 40% down. That doesn't work for small family looking at even $200k house. I know because neighbor is dealing with that scenario right now.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            High Speed internet for all of Canada by 2030. Hope they start at White City, just 8 miles out of Regina.
            Didn't know White City was in Quebec.

Comment

Rural(ly), the high speed internet will be delivered wirelessly(is my guess). Not fibrer-optics! So look for more cell towers because I think that is all that high speed service is, Cell signals off cell towers, my "account number" with Sasktel is just a telephone number.

I don't claim to understand the technology but I bet all that is happening is they are capable of transmitting more signals faster. Maybe even some how bundled into smaller packages to take up less bandwidth, allowing more and faster traffic.

Rural wireless internet speeds may never rival urban fiber-optic speeds.

We have it pretty darn good here compared to what we started with! We may never be able to use the internet to its full potential for streaming in audio/visual shows but I bet it will only get better. I could see a family using up all their data if they subscribed and used alot of netflix, video on demand, or such services....only a guess on my part though.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                White City !!!

Hey boys, when they say "all of Canada" they're not talking about the prairies,,, they're talking about north of 60' and also maybe Atlantic Canada.

Don't get too excited. Y'all will just be expected to pay for "the rest of Canada".

Comment

What a brialiant election promise, not.
                  5 G technology’s will replace all other current technology by 2025. That’s why Hauwai is in trouble, they are offering cheaper than every other hardware provider ( with China govt grants, subsidies, kick backs etc) as made in China usually is. It’s a space race that’s at ground level.

Sask govt was committed to it, in a effort to keep up. The question is : at what cost? Back door encryptions for monitoring everything, all information that goes through it’s systems, personal privacy, corporate, Trade, government, currency, stocks, etc.

This is what trump is battling with China over. He wants the world to use USA 5 G technology so he can look in the back door.
                  Last edited by Rareearth; Mar 18, 2019, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                    What a brialiant election promise, not.
                    5 G technology’s will replace all other current technology by 2025. That’s why Hauwai is in trouble, they are offering cheaper than every other hardware provider ( with China govt grants, subsidies, kick backs etc) as made in China usually is. It’s a space race that’s at ground level.

Sask govt was committed to it, in a effort to keep up. The question is : at what cost? Back down encryptions for monitoring everything, all information that goes through it’s systems, personal privacy, corporate, Trade, government, currency, stocks, etc.

This is what trump is battling with China over. He wants the world to use USA 5 G technology so he can look in the back door.
                    Yup that sums it up .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.