• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

52 bpa by 2025

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52 bpa by 2025

They better hurry because it won’t be long and were going to need 52 bpa just to break even.

Starting to see the glass as half empty. Maybe time to pull the pin.....

Maybe time to drink the other half!

Comment

Their target yield per acre might just be more achievable than the total acres. Being a high input, high risk crop, with declining market and price, acres may shrink to the most reliable production areas, driving up yield by default.

Comment

It kind of looks like Cinderella has aged a little and put on a few extra pounds. Not as sharp as she used to look.
        I guess its happening to all of us so we better not laugh.

Comment

It’s true the retarded sister is having a rough time.

I see a big acreage drop 2019z

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            It’s true the retarded sister is having a rough time.

I see a big acreage drop 2019z
            Isn't 52 bpa canola a crop failure in your Garden of Eden?

Comment

Haven’t grown canola for three years. Don’t intend to jump back into it soon. Net matters guys, not gross.

Comment

I’m a spring chicken but remember not that long ago a 25-30 bu canola crop was common on the lower quality land here, and this country is a traditional canola area. This have obviously changed over time but planning on 50 bu crops is foolhardy. We’ve been fortunate to have grown some big yields last number of years because of ideal conditions. Didn’t do much differently than when growing a 30 bushel crop.

Comment

If chinia stays out of our market we only need 31 b/a to meet our demand..
                  Major trick on you coming to all to screw the farmer...

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                    I’m a spring chicken but remember not that long ago a 25-30 bu canola crop was common on the lower quality land here, and this country is a traditional canola area. This have obviously changed over time but planning on 50 bu crops is foolhardy. We’ve been fortunate to have grown some big yields last number of years because of ideal conditions. Didn’t do much differently than when growing a 30 bushel crop.
                    I’m intrigued, how can you plan for 30 bpa and pull off big yields last number of years. Are your soils super rich? Eventually you mine the soil if you are not replacing what was removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      If chinia stays out of our market we only need 31 b/a to meet our demand..
                      Major trick on you coming to all to screw the farmer...
                      One year I seeded some op rr canola I bought from a seedgrower at Tisdale. At the time I had it beside some Pioneer hybrid stuff. With what I put into it the op stuff was maybe 5 bushels behind. Seed cost was considerably cheaper and the guy was a straight shooter. If we’re in $8 territory that might be an option on ground that has no more than 35 bu potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                        I’m intrigued, how can you plan for 30 bpa and pull off big yields last number of years. Are your soils super rich? Eventually you mine the soil if you are not replacing what was removed.
                        I’m not cheap on fertilizer but don’t set too high of expectations is what I was trying to say.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.