• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be careful what you say on line if you want to travel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful what you say on line if you want to travel

https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canada/canadians-will-soon-need-to-apply-for-special-authorization-to-travel-to-europe

This new Visa requirement, means your social media profile wil be searched, a credit check will be done, and if you have made any political statements online, you'll be profiled as a "high risk" and denied. Probably won't do their economies any favors but once 1 govt starts the rest will follow to prevent terrorism.

Agree, don’t use your name, birthday, address, school, anything identifying anywhere, not even with Stats Can. Today’s technology can hack you, steal your identity and make you into whatever they want. I am so surprised how people bare their soles on facebook, instagram, etc.

Comment

Europe has willingly imported enough terrorists in the last 30 years, as well as producing and incubating their own, they don't need to worry about the odd 'just visiting' terrorist.

Now who should be flagging is the US - doing the same checks and barring anyone undesirable from travelling through US land, sea or airspace. Might put a kink in some of those Canuckistani anti-USA lefties travelling south to Mexico, Cuba, etc for vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
        Europe has willingly imported enough terrorists in the last 30 years, as well as producing and incubating their own, they don't need to worry about the odd 'just visiting' terrorist.

Now who should be flagging is the US - doing the same checks and barring anyone undesirable from travelling through US land, sea or airspace. Might put a kink in some of those Canuckistani anti-USA lefties travelling south to Mexico, Cuba, etc for vacation.
        Especially anyone affilliated with ctv, cbc, etc

Comment

Yes you do not want peaceful lefties.or atheists or CBC people

But welcome Trump fans like the aussie shooter.
          Anybody see a pattern.the Florida bomber and this guy.
          Trainers body builders .trump fans . Anti moslem gun loving Right wing
          Christian crazy. Killers .

Comment

Will seemingly be never ending the guy lived in NZ for last 3 years.

Payback mostly for cinema shooting in paris and ebba the swedish girl.

Now some muslims will retaliate some were some time.

Then a ultra right wing supremasist.

Rinse and repeat.

Sad for all.

His main "hero" seemed to be the guy in norway that killed 60 odd a few years back now appear they actually have met.

Comment

What a sick piece of work this guy
              Is.
              The same as the ISIS butchers
              Filming thier killings.
              Right wing religious murderers.

So why does everybody fear the
              Left? Sure some political correct types need a kick in the ass.
              And some need wake up to economic realities.
              But for the most part they are pretty harmless.
              Compared to the hatred espoused by the radical right

Comment

Yep, Antifa is full of peace-loving people. Not psychotically violet at all. Big believers of free-speech on campus?

Comment

Anyone too far fuked up in religion or too far left/right politics needs a time out lol

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post

I have known quite a few people over the years that are "died in the wool" USA haters , but they don't mind going to Hawaii for 2-3 weeks , or any other state in the union for a winter holiday.

Comment

I am not religious. What happened in New Zealand is diabolical. There are problems with far-right extremism in all segments of society. And the confusion abounds. Media is NOT helping. Did anyone hear about this?

https://www.christianpost.com/news/120-people-killed-140-homes-destroyed-by-nigeria-fulani-since-february.html

If this is fake news then someone please tell me.

Comment

What did the killer do, write or say that has him described as "far right". Maybe he is "far left"?

NZ Prime Minister was fast to state gun laws are going to change. The killer could have done more damage with a heavy truck.

Have I said too much? Can't go to Europe anyway so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                          What did the killer do, write or say that has him described as "far right". Maybe he is "far left"?

NZ Prime Minister was fast to state gun laws are going to change. The killer could have done more damage with a heavy truck.

Have I said too much? Can't go to Europe anyway so whatever.

You're right of course - I did not read his manifesto and I don't plan to.

The line is very blurred now between far right and far left. I'm beginning to think that they are the same.

But back to the topic - I wonder where they will draw the line on this security issue for travel. I make comments on social media and always strive to keep things civil and pragmatic. I am center-right in my political beliefs - will that affect my eligibility for a visa?

In regards to Facebook & Google - has anyone seen 'The Creepy Line' documentary?

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                            What did the killer do, write or say that has him described as "far right". Maybe he is "far left"? ....
                            Have you any reason to theorize he wasn't "far right"? The evidence that has come to light so far indicates that he was. Here is an example.

http://www.msn.com/en-xl/australasia/top-stories/nz-killer-wrote-racist-manifesto-influenced-by-far-right-ideologues/ar-BBUPP1b http://https://www.msn.com/en-xl/australasia/top-stories/nz-killer-wrote-racist-manifesto-influenced-by-far-right-ideologues/ar-BBUPP1b

Comment

Standard line is that Democrats (often labelled as left wing) don't use guns because the Republicans (often labelled as right wing) own all the guns.

I looked up the question, are ISIS terrorist left wing radicals, or right wing radicals? There is no definitive answer, just arguments. What can be agreed on is that most would call them extremists in their action because most (thankfully) could never see themselves involved in such actions. You can insert any group you want in front of terrorist, but right, or left, I don't think so.

Hopefully, looking it up because of this thread did not get me on any travel list. If it did, I don't desire to leave the Great White North anyways.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.