CBC Apologizes for its Fake News

Commodity Marketing

Tools

CBC Apologizes for its Fake News

Mar 15, 2019 | 09:04 1 Seems like the threat of a 1/4 billion dollar lawsuit made CBC find the tiniest shred of "honesty". LOL.

Time will tell if it works or simply adds to their liability for defamation.

Wendy had to eat so much crow that she won't need to eat for the rest of the year.

https://tnc.news/2019/03/14/cbc-apol...gton-students/ Reply With Quote
Mar 15, 2019 | 09:16 2 Reply With Quote
Mar 15, 2019 | 13:08 3 Next,,, CBC(and CTV,City,Global) can apologize to the Gerald Stanley family, and the rest of the citizens of Saskatchewan! Reply With Quote

• blackpowder's Avatar Mar 15, 2019 | 14:37 4 Interesting book a couple years ago about the CBC.
    How they seem to have no care in the world about reprisal since history shows they have an unlimited resource for defence litigation. Your tax dollars. Reply With Quote
    Mar 15, 2019 | 14:46 5
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverdam View Post
    Next,,, CBC(and CTV,City,Global) can apologize to the Gerald Stanley family, and the rest of the citizens of Saskatchewan!
    And right after their apology will come that of JWR, for those who have not forgotten... Reply With Quote
    Mar 15, 2019 | 15:47 6 Seems like CBC made good on the offer of clemency if they apologize. So that crow should taste a bit less raunchy since it likely saved Canadian taxpayers a quarter billion dollars in damages.

Not that Wendy would personally care. She was just the poor lil girl chosen to do the dirty work for her boss who could likely see the fallout from costing an increasingly unhappy audience a lot of money.

https://truepundit.com/covington-cat...edia-lawsuits/ Reply With Quote
    Mar 15, 2019 | 16:17 7
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverdam View Post
    Next,,, CBC(and CTV,City,Global) can apologize to the Gerald Stanley family, and the rest of the citizens of Saskatchewan!
    Just what does the cbc have to apoligize to the stanley family for. He got off scot free for killing another humanbeing, the fact he happend to be an native shouldnt give a get out of jail free card. And just because he was aquitted dosnt mean he was innocent, Reply With Quote
    Mar 15, 2019 | 16:47 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Just what does the cbc have to apoligize to the stanley family for. He got off scot free for killing another humanbeing, the fact he happend to be an native shouldnt give a get out of jail free card. And just because he was aquitted dosnt mean he was innocent,
    I shouldn't comment....but I thought he would at least get manslaughter. ... Reply With Quote
    Mar 15, 2019 | 17:30 9
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    I shouldn't comment....but I thought he would at least get manslaughter. ...
    Agreed. According to the law, anybody who takes a human life in Canada should do time in jail. He did get away easy and probably not going to rock the boat with demands of apologies. That said, I do think the justice system worked as it was built. I am fairly ignorant about police/courts/lawyers and plan to stay that way.
    CBC reported that Stanley event exactly and perfectly wrong. I am still shocked at how they got away with that.
    More important and troubling is that Turdoe has spent more of our tax dollars on other countries instead of investing in First Nations water, housing, and employment programs. That is a humanitarian crime of which he is personally responsible. Reply With Quote

• blackpowder's Avatar Mar 15, 2019 | 19:00 10 He knows trying to fix the Indian Act would be hard work without easy political points. Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Mar 15, 2019 | 19:05 11
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    He knows trying to fix the Indian Act would be hard work without easy political points.
    Jody will KILL it if given the chance... Reply With Quote
    Mar 15, 2019 | 21:18 12 Gerald Stanley didn’t do anything wrong. Those assholes came into his life and his yard looking for trouble and to steal the belongings from a hard working honest family on their own accord. He didn’t go to them
    Defending yourself your property and your family should not be a crime and many people are not going to take it anymore
    Shame on you , CBC and the libtard government
    Just another example of how the victims are expected to cower in the corner and just let others take your shit .
    Not gonna happen in this household either. Reply With Quote
  • 4 Likes

• Mar 15, 2019 | 21:43 13
    Just what does the cbc have to apoligize to the stanley family for. He got off scot free for killing another humanbeing, the fact he happend to be an native shouldnt give a get out of jail free card. And just because he was aquitted dosnt mean he was innocent,
    You better hope to hell they dont come terrorizing you and yours. You might get educated . Ive known jerry all my life . All he was doing was minding his own buisness . And those ignorant pricks tried to make the whole country believe they were just kids looking for help with a flat tire . What a crock of shit Reply With Quote

• Mar 15, 2019 | 22:18 14 So what you all seem to be saying is anyone with a different opinion than yours has no right ot say it and we all need to apologize for our thoughts. I am sure mr stanley would do things differently given the chance,but he took lethal action to a non lethal conforntation the results are 1 dead indian,if that was a white boy how many of you believe the results of the trial would be the same.
    I will have to go back and see if I can find what the CBC,JWR said that needs an apologie. Reply With Quote
    Mar 15, 2019 | 22:36 15
    So what you all seem to be saying is anyone with a different opinion than yours has no right ot say it and we all need to apologize for our thoughts. I am sure mr stanley would do things differently given the chance,but he took lethal action to a non lethal conforntation the results are 1 dead indian,if that was a white boy how many of you believe the results of the trial would be the same.
    I will have to go back and see if I can find what the CBC,JWR said that needs an apologie.
    Well one they tried to make everyone believe they simply needed help with a flat tire after swimming. Did you actually believe that ????
    Two -the attourney general should never comment on a case against a judge Reply With Quote

• Mar 15, 2019 | 22:51 16 Just finished reading quite a bunch of testamony on said trial and Trudeau said nothing about verdict except we should do better and JWR basicaly same . No where did they say anything against the jury or the verdict. Go read the trial yourself,but the majority of canadians feel there was a miscarage of justice except saskanites.
    I think mr stanley would appreacate if people would leave it lay,so mabey yous had not bring up such touchy subjects,or is it the comment from cbc that the consertives seem to be the only ones in favor of trial outcome. Reply With Quote
    Mar 16, 2019 | 04:01 17 How many times was it reported the kids went swimming and had needed help with a flat tire?

How many times was it reported the kids had a loaded firearm?

How many times was it reported the kids were very intoxicated?

Dose anyone know why the kids left the reservation? I did read they were avoiding the cops, cops were looking for suspects in the liquor store robbery.

I’m pretty sure you get the point, we could do this all day.

Sory for calling the Indians kids, I’m pretty sure all were adults and mostly in there twenties. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Mar 16, 2019 | 05:54 18
    Quote Originally Posted by fjlip View Post
    Jody will KILL it if given the chance...
    Wonder how many people know all that she did and tried to do in a short time for the Indians?
    You won’t like what she had planned if you think
    Enough is enough already. Using the treaties only when it suits one side isn’t a fair way to deal either.
    You can’t say oh boy we want to govern ourselves in the one hand and on the other say show us all the money we ll get out of our mess by going to the post office more often. Reply With Quote
    Mar 16, 2019 | 09:13 19
    So what you all seem to be saying is anyone with a different opinion than yours has no right ot say it and we all need to apologize for our thoughts. I am sure mr stanley would do things differently given the chance,but he took lethal action to a non lethal conforntation the results are 1 dead indian,if that was a white boy how many of you believe the results of the trial would be the same.
    I will have to go back and see if I can find what the CBC,JWR said that needs an apologie.
    What does it matter if they were Indians or white or black or Asian or whatever. What they did was wrong period. A steep price was paid but that's too bad. Unlike you I dont see race or colour in stuff like this. If your no good your no good no matter what you look like, just like if your a good person what does it matter what your race is. Reply With Quote
    Mar 16, 2019 | 10:15 20 horsey, CBC did their best to bury facts and promote lies about Stanley and Saskatchewan people.
    It's the methodology of reporting. By stating a fact 1 time within a week, yet pump another every 30 minutes is not balanced reporting. How many times did CBC mention the .22 in the car load of people was loaded? that they had stopped at another farm prior, to steal? How many times did CBC report that there were a large number of natives called to jury duty,,,,that never showed up for selection?

Within a couple hours of the accidental shooting(the conclusion at trial), the deceased's bother did an interview that was broadcast on the radio. He said, that he had warned his brother not to hangout with that "crowd". That "group" was nothing but trouble, and that he was concerned about what his brother might get involved with, if he continued. He was critical of that "group" in the car, and knew, hanging out with them would lead to no good. That interview was never broadcast again after that initial day. The next day, the brother had changed his story 180 degrees. That interview exists, it's in radio station vaults, but try to get anyone in the media to play it ! Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Mar 16, 2019 | 10:37 21 The band chiefs and their families would not want the act changed, but it really needs to change. Who has the political will to make the changes? Governments dish out piles of money to reserves, does it get distributed? We expect these people to succeed in our society but they leave the reserves with nothing but empty pockets. Reply With Quote
    Mar 16, 2019 | 11:13 22 Beaverdam some of your points may be valad but is shooting someone not a crime,I think the police screwed up the trial to be lost because with 2nd murder good chance of sympathy , if manslauter more likely a conviction. Did you see the pictures of that loaded firearm in car I dont think it was even operable,just mechanasim no stock,where are all the shell casings,seems to be a discrepency even between the father son, police did a lousey job f investigating, when police arrived the family was setting at table drinking coffee, wamt to bet trying to get thier stories straight.
    Anyway I wont banter with you I feel it was a misscarage of justice along with multutudes of others,and i still have a right to my opinion. Reply With Quote
    Mar 16, 2019 | 11:29 23 Horse, I have been at the farmyard when a couple of young punks drive in, saying uncle just lives up the road but they need a welder to weld their muffler. No known name for uncle - No welder here, anyway there’s a muffler shop in town. Meanwhile I snap a quick shot of their license, car and occupants. They leave and don’t come back. Now, Horse, if it had been a drunk carfull of 20 something tatooed gangster-types with a rifle, what do you think I should do? There is a difference. I too was in Sedley in 1976 when two local men were shot by crooks point blank for no reason. See you can’t really tell when you or your family is in danger and that’s the problem. Do you have some special technology that can do that for us? Reply With Quote
    Mar 16, 2019 | 11:33 24
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    The band chiefs and their families would not want the act changed, but it really needs to change. Who has the political will to make the changes? Governments dish out piles of money to reserves, does it get distributed? We expect these people to succeed in our society but they leave the reserves with nothing but empty pockets.
    If they want to succeed by what we determine success which is owning your own house having few bills and a nice family they have more opportunity than any non natives have. In fact it’s discrimination reverse.
    Want a loan get one easy to farm or any business
    Want to get educated go ahead it’s free.
    Want a job businesses are required to give the
    Benefit of a job first to them.
    It’s all there for the taking but that does not fit the culture they want to preserve so why are we all confused that this is not working?? Reply With Quote
    Mar 16, 2019 | 11:44 25 Well Big Wheel - good points , some do accept the branch offered to them and really are successful, but some have never seen anything but a life of addiction and fighting, just like some white kids. I just wonder if they owned their homes, had a job, had a life, their kids would strive for a better life. I would rather invest in all kids than ship billions of dollars off-shore to foreign dictatorships. Reply With Quote
    Mar 16, 2019 | 11:51 26 Horse, thanks for your reply,
    Take note, I haven't commented or gave an opinion on the result of the trial, and I will continue not doing so.

My comments have been regarding the bias of reporting by media, and the attempts in manipulating sympathy, for those they sub concisely agree with, their agenda.

No different than what NBC, CBS and CNN did with the Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown cases in the USA. For 2 weeks, the only pictures you saw of Trayvon, were of him 10 years before he was killed, as a little boy. Finally the pics came out of the gangbanger wantabe, online, only then the media was forced into showing them. Not the mention the editing of the audio, making George Zimmerman sound racist(because the media thought , by his name, he was white. Hence the invention of a new phrase, the "white latino", to cover the media bias against someone who they thought was white.

The autopsy proved that Michael Brown never had his hands up when he was shot, yet the media and Barak Obama have never apologized for telling you otherwise. (something Kaepernick stills believes.)
    I honestly believe if Barak Obama would had a press conference and clarified the facts in the case after the trial was over, race relations would be vastly different today. But it's about politics, and rousing your sides support, and getting people riled up, so they vote, it's a game, and many don't care that there is friction between the races.
    The latest and greatest is Smollett, more media lies,,,,till they couldn't cover it up any more. Reply With Quote
    Mar 16, 2019 | 13:13 27 Beaverdam - right spot on - Which is why CBC's half-assed apology is really quite significant.

But it's too bad that it takes the threat of a 1/4 billion dollar lawsuit to make a media source find a conscience.

Not that Wendy gained herself or her employ6er much credibility by her very measured spin. They are dyed-in-the-wool liars.

It would be reasonable to believe that even CNN will notice that kind of a hit to their wallet. Reply With Quote