• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Republic of the Northwest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Republic of the Northwest

Imagine a future where western territories have split from Canada.
    The date is March 2039, 20 years from now. The Republic of the Northwest is celebrating its 17th anniversary as an independent state. Today it consists of territories that once belonged to Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, parts of British Columbia and the Canadian Arctic north of 60. The republic had its beginnings when the premier of Alberta, in March 2020, called a provincial referendum on amending section 36 (2) of the Constitution Act (1982) dealing with equalization payments, and resolving a range of other Alberta-Canada disagreements ranging from provincial policing to taxation.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/the-rise-of-the-republic-of-the-northwest/ar-BBUGGw4?ocid=spartanntp The rise of the Republic of the Northwest

Cant f$&king come soon enough
    How much shit can they feed us

Comment

Pretty wild scenario. We're far from having enough discontentment to make that happen.

At least they included Northern BC. AB/SK separatism makes no sense without access to coast. Imagine trying to negotiate grain and oil movement through BC as a newly separate nation. Churchill is a mess of a port.

Comment

Rumor around today, is that Notley might call an early election, perhaps next week(Tuesday) !

Comment

Or just ask for Statehood!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            Or just ask for Statehood!
            Yes, but who do we ask? Does anyone here have a direct line to the white house? Just imagine what that would do for Trumps ego and reelection, first president to add states since how long ago?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Yes, but who do we ask? Does anyone here have a direct line to the white house? Just imagine what that would do for Trumps ego and reelection, first president to add states since how long ago?
              I guess we could start sending private messages to Trump on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                I guess we could start sending private messages to Trump on Twitter.
                You might be onto something there !
                Maybe start an online petition !

Comment

In your scenerio I’d predict in the newly formed republic that a couple francophone communities would revolt and hold a referendum on further seperation and in the process we would agree to equalization payments on crop yields. In the end SF3 would have to send 20 bpa in equalization payments to other producers every year. This would likely drive him to petition the republic to set up a supply management system/quota in place of equalization.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                    In your scenerio I’d predict in the newly formed republic that a couple francophone communities would revolt and hold a referendum on further seperation and in the process we would agree to equalization payments on crop yields. In the end SF3 would have to send 20 bpa in equalization payments to other producers every year. This would likely drive him to petition the republic to set up a supply management system/quota in place of equalization.
                    oui oui, ça me semble bien

Comment

I’d hate to see it get that bad that the masses would be in favour of separating. Have to realize the bulk of western nationalists are mostly rural people. You need the urban people discontented. We’ll be long gone before that.

Comment

Sigh! Why buy the cow when the milk is free.

And to think that only last month, Canada could buy Montana for a trillion dollars. Now you want to go the opposite way for nothing.

Comment

Theresa May will soon be available to lead your version of wrexit.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            Theresa May will soon be available to lead your version of wrexit.
                            And to think that they said we would never get popular support, already we have Chuck on side and offering constructive feedback to further the cause.

I appreciate you offering the name, but I think we need something more positive, such as Amerentrance.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                              Rumor around today, is that Notley might call an early election, perhaps next week(Tuesday) !
                              As I stated last week earlier in this thread, (March 12th 2019 23;38), Notley will call the election today, and sure enough, the writ has dropped.
                              Last edited by beaverdam; Mar 19, 2019, 10:04.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.