• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LMFAO.....this one is for Hobbyfrmr

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    AF5, if you never grew up farming in the Slum of the Ghetto, you'd never come here to farm. And I don't know any better so I stay here....with my low expectations, being met more often than not! Maybe that's the perfect "organic" attitude, lol.
    Yet another attempt to dissuade us from moving to your land of milk and honey.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Yet another attempt to dissuade us from moving to your land of milk and honey.
      Nah, more like sour skim milk and bitters. Or the land of sand and wind. Or the land of hardship and poverty.

Comment

Nah, more like sour skim milk and bitters. Or the land of sand and wind. Or the land of hardship and poverty.
        I get the impression that if we could trade climates and keep our soils, or trade soils and keep our climates, we would each be happy.

Comment

Before starting a farming career in the Slum of the Ghetto:

After a lifetime of farming in the Slum of the Ghetto:

Comment

Whoa!! Tough gig.🙂 You may not look like that but I consider that may be your sentiment towards the industry after a coupe of decades.
            I really dont have much regard for the retail industry.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
              Think about it. There can not be that much money in it. When is the last time you saw an organic farm with any kind of decent machinery in the yard? Any new cars/trucks? Are there any signs of progress on those farms or is it just a holding pattern until a neighbor finally just stops in for coffee and buys him out for discounted price?
              It all sounds good until you harvest your first half a crop.

“everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”. - Iron Mike Tyson

It seems like most large successful farms operate on cash flow.

The problem when you switch to organic, is the cash flow stream you're use to, kind of just dries right up.

Your farm motto becomes: use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

I can't imagine successfully farming 5000+ acres using that motto.

Comment

$12.00/bushel is too light for the $13.25 conventional that is available, but if you really have to have farma's organic value, then you need to get into laundering. Not the linen part, but the conventional part that involves moving of your flax to Kazakhstan. Poorfarmer left that part out of his cash flow chart. If you can't believe me, then just tack it onto one of the pfffffs' posts.

Comment

"What's it got in it's pocketses? It's got my Precioussss, my Preciousss. It's got gold and my Preciousss because it was prowling around farming in the Slum if the Ghetto and it got my Preciousssss! Nasssty little trickssster!

Yesss it doesss, it's found my Precioussss! Jussst becausse it found the Ssslum of the Ghetto."

(Gold added to fit the context)

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                    $12.00/bushel is too light for the $13.25 conventional that is available, but if you really have to have farma's organic value, then you need to get into laundering. Not the linen part, but the conventional part that involves moving of your flax to Kazakhstan. Poorfarmer left that part out of his cash flow chart. If you can't believe me, then just tack it onto one of the pfffffs' posts.
                    If a guy lacks morals and integrity, I suspect there is much easier ways to make a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                      Organic farming looks like a lifestyle to me. The comment about machinery is interesting. The organic guys I know, tend to be less caring to have fancy, they bank their money and are inherently cheap. IMO, it is mainly that they have a completely different view on what matters most in life. For them, machinery isn’t one of the life goals. Hard for machinery lovers to gather, I get that. Lol
                      Poverty is not a lifestyle.

Comment

Poverty is not a lifestyle.
                        Amen Comrade. I know your pain!

Comment

You are absolutely right.

When you get into self policing, you can avoid all the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                            You are absolutely right.

When you get into self policing, you can avoid all the tickets.
                            I dont really understand what your are getting at.
                            Corrupt organic integrity?
                            The A/R insurance credit check due dilligence?
                            My lack of dependance and/or contempt for technologically advanced machinery and retail farm products?

I have to answer to my wife and children.
                            I think I have already disclosed to AV’ers my wife only has one hand.......

The upper hand 🙂.

Comment

I dont really understand what your are getting at.
                              Corrupt organic integrity?
                              The A/R insurance credit check due dilligence?
                              My lack of dependance and/or contempt for technologically advanced machinery and retail farm products?

I have to answer to my wife and children.
                              I think I have already disclosed to AV’ers my wife only has one hand.......

The upper hand 🙂.
                              The way I am reading it, he is suggesting sending your conventional flax to Kazakhstan, and have it come back with organic certification?

Like I said, for a guy with no morals or integrity there has to be easier ways to get rich? For starters, Id suggest finding something that doesn't involve growing flax.

Comment

Originally posted by pourfarmer View Post
                                The way I am reading it, he is suggesting sending your conventional flax to Kazakhstan, and have it come back with organic certification?

Like I said, for a guy with no morals or integrity there has to be easier ways to get rich? For starters, Id suggest finding something that doesn't involve growing flax.
                                I was at an organic farmer meeting a couple weeks ago and one guy described how a Sask organic buyer who has been in the industry for 25 years got caught being dodgy

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...