• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s a Convoy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    grass stop pretending you know anything about this business. It takes 10 yrs because of the stupid regulations put in front of these projects. TransCanada spent billions on these things for studies and reports and not a shovel in the ground before abandoning it after 10 yrs.

If you knew anything about business, uncertainty is the killer and that's exactly what Trudeau has brought. He is as responsible for the problem as any price crash. There are overseas customers that want lower quality crudes because they have no oil. They have come here begging for our product and we cant get it to them. Do you know how stupid that is?
    Exactly. His reply was like the red flag waved by the bull fighter - it merely distracts from the body of the argument.

It comes as a big surprise that there are those (farmers) who do not understand how, even with a depressed market, the extra pipeline capacity can support prices - it's called "narrowing the basis".

For a relevant comparison - suppose you were fortunate and grew a 100 bushel per acre wheat crop, a 125 bushel canola crop, and a bin-busting lentil crop, all in one year.

You'd think you would be rich, right? After all, the demand is there and you only need to get it to port.

One catch - the wheat market is soft, like maybe about $5.00 at the port. (I really don't know what a historically soft price is for your wheat out west)

Only one other little problem - the rail lines are all down or completely booked full for the next 10 years and your crop is stranded in your bin.

So, what is your on-farm stored wheat worth in that situation? Like maybe a negative $3.50 basis? You going to haul it over the mountain from Regina 40T at a time?

And no one will add another rail line, even with the knowledge that the demand for wheat is guaranteed, if a bit elastic...

The extra moving capacity will make your crop viable, even if the overall market is soft.

Regardless of whatever developments might come about for energy, oil will always be in demand and there will always be a market for oil.

To lose sight of that reality is what's crippling the economy, costing jobs and growth.

And it's all going according to the NWO plan.
    Last edited by burnt; Feb 18, 2019, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
      Exactly. His reply was like the red flag waved by the bull fighter - it merely distracts from the body of the argument.

It comes as a big surprise that there are those (farmers) who do not understand how, even with a depressed market, the extra pipeline capacity can support prices - it's called "narrowing the basis".

For a relevant comparison - suppose you were fortunate and grew a 100 bushel per acre wheat crop, a 125 bushel canola crop, and a bin-busting lentil crop, all in one year.

You'd think you would be rich, right? After all, the demand is there and you only need to get it to port.

One catch - the wheat market is soft, like maybe about $5.00 at the port. (I really don't know what a historically soft price is for your wheat out west)

Only one other little problem - the rail lines are all down or completely booked full for the next 10 years and your crop is stranded in your bin.

So, what is your on-farm stored wheat worth in that situation? Like maybe a negative $3.50 basis? You going to haul it over the mountain from Regina 40T at a time?

And no one will add another rail line, even with the knowledge that the demand for wheat is guaranteed, if a bit elastic...

The extra moving capacity will make your crop viable, even if the overall market is soft.

Regardless of whatever developments might come about for energy, oil will always be in demand and there will always be a market for oil.

To lose sight of that reality is what's crippling the economy, costing jobs and growth.

And it's all going according to the NWO plan.
      Well I ve asked for an explanation of how a pipeline means lower fuel prices for not only farmers but the entire economy? No answers either.
      The argument is that we are missing all these high priced markets so ok let’s assume that’s true we will then as farmers get a lower domestic price somehow? Hahahaha

I m all for pipeline or doubling rail which would benefit all industries across the country not just one. But go for the pipeline but no one guarantees that producing more for a low price isn’t going to have to be subsidized as it is now domestically at the pumps and in every good that is transported with the higher than what should be price at the pump.

As far as rail and lower basis forget it if there is no oil it might actually go up with the lesser revenue coming in order to keep up we might and I think likely will pay more for shipping.

Laughable to say oil is a arguing for us when we ve been overpaying then since the beginning and will be even more after we access the so called high markets for an inferior product in a world where countries everywhere are announcing huge oil discoveries. Need to move on get a plan to use that oil to give every industry domestically a production advantage amongst the world competitors. But that would involve having governments not owned by the oil masters.
      Last edited by the big wheel; Feb 18, 2019, 10:18.

Comment

It's rather evident that grassfarmer is the uninformed one.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          It's rather evident that grassfarmer is the uninformed one.
          Wheel too. The prices at the pump are under $1 per litre. that's as low as its been in a long time. there is already 20c tax on the pump with the carbon tax to be added. Pipeline capacity has no effect on your local pump prices.

But if the prices are too high, sure would be nice to have an extra 15B a year coming into govt coffers so they don't need to tax so hard. Now that's gone.

Some people have very little understanding of basic economics.

Comment

The medium is the message again. They're taking trucks to lobby for a pipeline (and repeal of bills that deter pipelines). Pipelines are a form of transportation. Transportation infrastructure is very lacking in Canada. The rail system, crumbling and light roads, congested sea ports are all choking industry and business in Canada. Even internet service can be considered transportation and we are far behind in internet speed everywhere and especially outside major centres.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
              Well I ve asked for an explanation of how a pipeline means lower fuel prices for not only farmers but the entire economy? No answers either.
              The argument is that we are missing all these high priced markets so ok let’s assume that’s true we will then as farmers get a lower domestic price somehow? Hahahaha

I m all for pipeline or doubling rail which would benefit all industries across the country not just one. But go for the pipeline but no one guarantees that producing more for a low price isn’t going to have to be subsidized as it is now domestically at the pumps and in every good that is transported with the higher than what should be price at the pump.

As far as rail and lower basis forget it if there is no oil it might actually go up with the lesser revenue coming in order to keep up we might and I think likely will pay more for shipping.

Laughable to say oil is a arguing for us when we ve been overpaying then since the beginning and will be even more after we access the so called high markets for an inferior product in a world where countries everywhere are announcing huge oil discoveries. Need to move on get a plan to use that oil to give every industry domestically a production advantage amongst the world competitors. But that would involve having governments not owned by the oil masters.
              Well, that's a wonderful job of conflating arguments. All smoke screens - it is comments like this that make intelligent discussion very tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                Well, that's a wonderful job of conflating arguments. All smoke screens - it is comments like this that make intelligent discussion very tiresome.
                Well go on record as how we get lower fuel prices at the pump when the goal is higher world price? Hahahah come on genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  Grassfarmer I asked you before, do you support Trudeau's policies? Last time I asked no response.
                  Who is for or against a pipeline? This is a quote from Gerald Butts in 2012:"Truth be told, we don't think there ought to be a carbon-based energy industry by the middle of this century. That's our policy in Canada and it's our policy all over the world..." At the time he was the head of the World Wildlife fund. So do I think Justin Trudeau supports building pipelines? Absolutely not.

So should it take 10 years to get approval to build a pipeline?

Grassfarmer Alberta reduced oil production by roughly 8% Jan. 1,2019 or roughly 350000 barrels per day. This was done to reduce the glut of oil in storage by more closely matching production with export capacity. The price of WCS oil went from the high 20's per barrel to the low 40's. If lack of pipeline capacity wasn't influencing the price why did the price increase? WTI did not go up! 350000 barrels represents .35% of daily world oil consumption, not enough to move the market. Enjoy your day.
                  Hamloc I don't recall your question, I must have missed it. I agree with some of his policies and disagree with others as has been the case with any Government I have ever lived under.

So Butt's comments when he represented WWF are Trudeau's beliefs? that's a bit of an assumptive stretch.

A 10 year approval is longer than anyone would like (apart from the lawyers) but it's the reality of the age we live in. Large projects with environmental impacts meet the same type of delay in most developed countries.

I don't follow your logic on the production cut. Limiting supply increased the price. Building a pipeline to increase supply to a depressed market would have the opposite effect. Notley's move there was smart and that's the strategy I think we should be playing - limit production and double the price and remain sitting on the reserves for the day when it is once again higher priced. If you can cut production 8% and double the price to $40 that is so much better business than doubling supply and getting what? $10? instead of $20 for it?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    If you knew anything about business... They have come here begging for our product and we cant get it to them. Do you know how stupid that is?
                    Pretty stupid. Name a country that has come begging for Canadian oil. We are still supplying oil - the pipeline is to increase production - if there was this pent up demand for Canadian oil that would be reflected by the price increasing not decreasing. Sounds like you don't understand business.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                      Pretty stupid. Name a country that has come begging for Canadian oil. We are still supplying oil - the pipeline is to increase production - if there was this pent up demand for Canadian oil that would be reflected by the price increasing not decreasing. Sounds like you don't understand business.
                      Hahahaha exactly we have in inferior product more costly to process compared to other supplies coming in line from everywhere so that’s why there is barely any demand it has to be given away.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        Hahahaha exactly we have in inferior product more costly to process compared to other supplies coming in line from everywhere so that’s why there is barely any demand it has to be given away.
                        Inferior is a relative term. Refineries are set up to refine certain grades of raw product, and one grade often needs to be blended with another grade to allow the refinery to operate at max efficiency. Takes years and billions to retrofit a refinery to operate on the light sweet that are flooding the market in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                          I wanna thank all involved in the convoy !

Axe the carbon tax !

Grain on the train !

Oil in the pipe !

Eat beef !
                          Exactly correct only if there is an actual plan as to what and who’s going to pay for the expansion.

Who’s going to insure once oil is off the rail they rail will still operate all lines for grain and on time as well.

Axe carbon tax 1000% agreed

Axe the pst. It’s really a carbon tax we re paying for carbon sequester scheme that was a dud lavallin project

I m sure then oil industry will thank us after all we ve been the ones keeping them going so your welcome.

What’s the domestic price of oil and gas at the pump when oil is piped?

What are the royalties for the expanded output? Obviously Saskatchewan oil companies did not pay anywhere near the cost of the last boom we re still paying for.

Nobody even close to discussing these issues

Comment

Hamloc I don't recall your question, I must have missed it. I agree with some of his policies and disagree with others as has been the case with any Government I have ever lived under.

So Butt's comments when he represented WWF are Trudeau's beliefs? that's a bit of an assumptive stretch.

A 10 year approval is longer than anyone would like (apart from the lawyers) but it's the reality of the age we live in. Large projects with environmental impacts meet the same type of delay in most developed countries.

I don't follow your logic on the production cut. Limiting supply increased the price. Building a pipeline to increase supply to a depressed market would have the opposite effect. Notley's move there was smart and that's the strategy I think we should be playing - limit production and double the price and remain sitting on the reserves for the day when it is once again higher priced. If you can cut production 8% and double the price to $40 that is so much better business than doubling supply and getting what? $10? instead of $20 for it?
                            Butts is gone. Resigned today.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                              Butts is gone. Resigned today.
                              Rats and Sinking ships comes to mind.
                              Will be interesting to see if JT is still able to formulate an opinion without him, or if his policy direction makes a sudden U Turn?

He is probably concerned that once the criminal charges start flying, that treason may be one of those directed at him.

Comment

California isn’t a country but they want our oil because they can make so many products from it. Google it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.