• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Drill Questions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Drill Questions

So I'm currently in an Agronomy course through Olds and, as with any schooling, I enjoy the biological part. Alas... this one also wants me to learn equipment. My mechanical gene is missing, we'll blame it on being female, so I don't have a good, solid grasp of equipment and it's different pros and cons. Hands on I'm sure I'd be learning this much faster but through little photos trying to distinguish differences.... it's just not working well for me!

And since it's winter, did anyone see this?

Yes, that's exactly where I am. I'm supposed to ask local farmers but all the guys I know who are arable farmers are south of the border. Why be here in the cold when you're a grain farmer LOL

So I'm hoping some of you fine fella's can help a girl out. The assignment I'm on wants what's used in my region however my region is fairly typical dry land, dark brown soil, so it shouldn't be terribly different from a lot of what people here use.

The questions!

I'm looking for two types of seeding implements used in reduce till and the names of the drills. Then which types of openers are used with these drills and what three benefits of these drill/opener combinations are that make them a common choice.

TIA!
    Last edited by Blaithin; Feb 2, 2019, 14:11.

I think the J D 1890 disc air seeder and the SeedMaster and Seed Hawk are probably the best zero till and minimum till seeders

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.