• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brad Wall's Buffalo Project

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad Wall's Buffalo Project

any comments...why wasn't he doing this as Premier....

Explain

Comment

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brad-wall-buffalo-project-1.4987354

I don't know how to put a direct link on....because I AM TUPID....

Comment

Election timing good. We will have the same in Sask. Like that he refused cbc interview so nothing gets twisted.
        Last edited by binthere; Jan 22, 2019, 09:40.

Comment

It looks like a good PAC, would be good to see the millennials learn where $ comes from before it’s too late.

Pretty sure Notley will be wiped out but another term of Trudeau would have devastating effects on western Canada.

Comment

Wall is probably ahead of the curve here. Nothing is going to change in the west. People have pleaded directly with this govt, begged in fact and nothing happened. Yet a couple hour meeting with the Premier of Quebec and half a dozen new policies announced for them like nothing.

It might take another term, best we can hope for is probably to hold the libs to a minority but with the NDP in there as the kingmaker, that could be worse.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/canada-slip-recession-without-u-100000923.html Can Canada Slip Into Recession Without the U.S.?
            Last edited by jazz; Jan 22, 2019, 11:53.

Comment

Oh, I thought it was going to be like Ritz's ostrich project....

Comment

Commodities like oil, potash and grain have always been cyclical. Western Canada has always been overly dependent on commodities and export markets and economically vulnerable. Western politicians have made a living off blaming easterners and the federal government when the boom years fade away.

A lack of export pipelines is making it worse. But the recent fundamental change in US supply and demand is forcing us to find additional markets.

Many manufacturing jobs were lost when high oil prices drove the CAD higher. Many easterners moved west to take advantage of the oil boom.

I am not sure what Wall is up to, but you can be sure he is representing his corporate oil friends who have until recently done very well.

As we have seen in reports, the oil industry in Western Canada gets a sweetheart deal on royalties and taxes compared to some other oil producing regions in the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/true-north/2017/oct/26/revealed-oil-giants-pay-billions-less-tax-in-canada-than-abroad

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  Commodities like oil, potash and grain have always been cyclical. Western Canada has always been overly dependent on commodities and export markets and economically vulnerable. Western politicians have made a living off blaming easterners and the federal government when the boom years fade away.

A lack of export pipelines is making it worse. But the recent fundamental change in US supply and demand is forcing us to find additional markets.

Many manufacturing jobs were lost when high oil prices drove the CAD higher. Many easterners moved west to take advantage of the oil boom.

I am not sure what Wall is up to, but you can be sure he is representing his corporate oil friends who have until recently done very well.

As we have seen in reports, the oil industry in Western Canada gets a sweetheart deal on royalties and taxes compared to some other oil producing regions in the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/true-north/2017/oct/26/revealed-oil-giants-pay-billions-less-tax-in-canada-than-abroad
                  yep, and in the east, when maufacturing is in trouble its bail out time (bombadier, gm, chrysler, steel............................................. ...........................................)

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    any comments...why wasn't he doing this as Premier....

Because when everyone is on the stage they do not want to give up power because they can influence it.

Its a Beetles song.

Its a great idea. Was then is now.
                    The idea of one big province was rejected by the centralists as the western region would have had potentially more power as one voice.

But human nature is such and we have proof in our very own POOLS, whose final boards and leaders each and seperately chose extinction versus negotiation, because the age old reason is simple enough: no one wants to relinquish power, even crappy power.

Find me one ego on the stage that will knowingly relinquish individual power for long term better good.

Pray tell.
                    Last edited by westernvicki; Jan 22, 2019, 19:30.

Comment

With the Reform Party of Canada the group chose the slogan "the West wants in!". Yes and the "blue book" was written on proposed changes in party & parliamentary procedures that would address the imbalance and ignored by those who wrote it when they were in power.

Its a French saying: "Plus ca change, plus ca rest la meme!"

I hope the T shirt is nice, the original RPC one was.

Hope springs eternal, as it should.

Comment

Oh you must be talking about having politicians that think about the country before their own interests.....sort of wonder where the real leaders are.....

Whether I agree or disagree with what Brad Wall does isn't the issue here.....the issue if he wants to change things he either should have remained premier for a while longer or he should have stepped up to the next level and challenged for Scheer's job...

I thought he wanted to spend time with his family.....doesnt look like that is the case ....it looks like he wants to be in the loop of politics.....and is biding his time for the federal job....

Shit or get off the pot.....cheerleading is stupid.
                        Last edited by bucket; Jan 23, 2019, 07:05.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.