• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBN Farmers Business Network? Who is a member and how do they like it.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FBN Farmers Business Network? Who is a member and how do they like it.

We joined a couple years ago and I like some of what they have to offer.

What is it?

Farmers Business Network is proudly Farmers First SM. Created by farmers for farmers, FBN is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of North American farms. FBN democratizes farm information by making the power of anonymously aggregated analytics available to all FBN members. The FBN Network helps level the playing field for independent farmers with unbiased information, profit enhancing farm analysis, and network buying power.

They raised 110 million in the USA for the venture.

Yes, Blairs bought the Yorkton store.

Who else is using it and how do they like it?

Right now they had at Saskatoon two years for the price of one for membership.

Just asking for a friend. HAHAHA ok is it the new future way in farming.

I like the easy way to see grain prices in our area and around.

Not selling anything just curious who else uses.

Cost was pennies for info a acre

Comment

Did you submit any of your data or inventory to their data base?

Comment

Cheap cheap glyphosate

Comment

Yes I did !

And yes your right on glyphosate

Comment

Nice lift on the deere.
            And my heart bleeds for theses input guys.

Oh but buy local!
            Until it comes to needing a contractor or a trucking company than the lowest cost rules with them.

Give me a break crooks

Comment

I signed up as well and know of a few others that are now members.
              Most were former FNA members that will no longer deal with FNA.
              I think FBN should have bought out FNA and cleaned it up instead of starting from scratch to expand/enter the Canadian market.
              I agree that the price discovery part alone will be worth the signup cost.
              The glyphosate special during the show was lower than any other price I could find.
              Other generics that they plan to have available for this crop year should help lower costs as well.

Comment

What’s the price on glyphosate? Is it 360 or 540?

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                  What’s the price on glyphosate? Is it 360 or 540?
                  Was 360 at $3.70 cash. Enough of a savings for the extra screwing around

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                    Was 360 at $3.70 cash. Enough of a savings for the extra screwing around
                    What other products are you buying from them besides Roundup?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                      What other products are you buying from them besides Roundup?
                      That’s it so far but probably reglone later it super cheap too

Comment

I am new to this but what I can see where it will help me is find the target price for products. If we share what we are paying for various chemicals (no way to know who has the lowest price), we can tell very quickly if our local guy is close to a good price. After harvest I put quite a few prices into the system and found that while most of the products we were paying right at the average or bellow, there were a couple that I overpaid on. In the future this knowledge can save me time and money knowing what is a good price. I haven't bought any from them yet but using the price discovery will save me money.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                          I am new to this but what I can see where it will help me is find the target price for products. If we share what we are paying for various chemicals (no way to know who has the lowest price), we can tell very quickly if our local guy is close to a good price. After harvest I put quite a few prices into the system and found that while most of the products we were paying right at the average or bellow, there were a couple that I overpaid on. In the future this knowledge can save me time and money knowing what is a good price. I haven't bought any from them yet but using the price discovery will save me money.
                          Someone should get a million dollars from the government to set up the twin to PDQ Info for input prices....there would be a good use of our checkoff dollars...

Imagine if every farmer knew the special prices on inputs....

I have watched guys pick up pallets of chemical they will never use to milk the programs then return after the rebate cheque comes...

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                            That’s it so far but probably reglone later it super cheap too
                            Interesting, looks like the membership is $500-$800 per year depending on length of membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                              Interesting, looks like the membership is $500-$800 per year depending on length of membership.
                              Maybe a COSTCO for farm inputs would be better....take the semi and flat deck in and load up for the year....pay a membership and then let them figure out how much you get back from your numerous purchase...

I should just buy a used enclosed 53 foot trailer and load it for the year ....take back what's not used in the fall prior to freezing...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.