• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land for rent...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land for rent...

In the productive black soil zone. Highly assessed. Highest or any offers not necessarily accepted. Offers.

ps. Clubroot pathogen found on it.

Would the presence of clubroot on land available to rent sway your decision to bid on it and farm it?

If you were operating a kind of closed farming model, where little to no outside traffic happened inside the confines of your acreage, would you be extra cautious about the spread of clubroot onto the land in your control.

I realize it is nearly impossible to completely stop the spread but I think measures could be taken to drastically slow it. Water, wind and wildlife are uncontrollable.

Would you pass up on known clubroot infected land for fear of introducing it onto your own?

If you were a landlord, would canola rotation limitations be part of the rental contract?
    How would such a clause affect rent values?
    Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 18, 2019, 17:53.

Is infected land public knowledge, or should it be?

Infection supposedly isn't a death sentence and is "somewhat" manageable with rotation and resistant varieties.

Comment

If you want I have parcels of 1000 acres and up. I would like to get just $100 a acre. Please send pictures of equipment.

Comment

Depends how much land and severity of the infection. If the infection is bad it would be spread to your farm. Probably not worth it in the long run unless pea prices get closer to pea protein prices and wheat hits $8

Comment

Comment

There are several grain producers on here from north central Alberta who would know very well , that area has been dealing with clubroot for almost a decade already. They would by far have the best advice / knowledge.

Comment

Here is what our RM sent out to all ratepayers. Has everyone seen such "suggestions"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CR 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	767052Click image for larger version

Name:	CR 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	767053

Comment

Nobody seems too concerned here anymore.
                Which is a little dangerous.

Comment

Look we’re its happening on the Saskatchewan map. it’s always the canola snow canola guys. Or canola barley canola canola wheat.

Comment

Well I have canola on a 3yr rotation but if I get clubroot from that or somebody else infects me, its default back to flax. No worries.

Comment

Clubroot in this county for quite a few years. Nobody concerned much. Seed all clubroot varieties. Volunteer control very important. County publishes a map in the paper of positive clubroot finds from their surveillance program. Gives the agricultural 'services' staff something to do. The other thing they do is run the chamomile gestapo. Otherwise they just drink coffee and smoke if needed. If positive, you have to do three years of no canola or related crops. Wheat and canola the norm here.

Comment

Not even sure if they enforce the three year rule here anymore. If ever.

Comment

Would it be any worse than schlerotinia which can be devastating too. Although there is a fungicide bandaid and soil applied Contans WG (Coniothyrium minitans strain CON/M/91-08 – C. minitans) for some measure of control.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            Not even sure if they enforce the three year rule here anymore. If ever.
                            County of Two Hills next door actually sprayed a field of canola down in summer 2017 that was on a no canola restriction due to clubroot.

Comment

You want to see a clubroot side show you need to come to leduc county the birthplace of clubroot . Big farmers seeding canola / wheat a rotation there paying 180 bucks an acre then when it’s inflected with clubroot the seed spud guys will pay 300 or more an acre which pisses off the grain farmer so he’s trying to get the county to stop seed potatoes cause he “plows” and the dirt will blow into his unifected land which is bs he’s just mad at losing the land . Meanwhile well there worrying about plowing nobody notices that the seed potatoes are being shipped out of the county all over North America with are good leduc clubroot hanging onto them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.