• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of little interest to you guys but gonna post anyway

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of little interest to you guys but gonna post anyway

Live sheep sales to middle eastern countries will eventually be banned over next five years.

Scaled back at moment are shipped mostly from WA think up to 35000 sheep on a vessel.

Many of these countries "have" to have live sheep for cultural reasons and will not accept frozen so they will just get them from else were.

Anyway reason for the ban was a "sixty minutes" story which showed cruelty, lack of ventilation lack of space etc etc. A crewman filmed it.

Many smelt a rat. Many knew of scullduggery but had no proof other than word of mouth.

Comes out today the crewman was paid $38,000 to turn of ventilation for a while so sheep were distressed panting puffing and he filmed it. Hes a guy from not sure oman or somewere more money than he will earn in his life. He as the "whistleblower" became PETAs person of the year.

So now a whisltleblower has blown a whistle on the whistleblower.

Animals australia have not commented but emails/messages have been leaked one can presume all the crewman got them.

So the call is now not necessarily get live sheep trade back 100% think thats unlikely but AnimalsAustralia to be charged with animal cruelty gonna be interesting.

And ps australias live shipping is seen to be best in the world.

One of me best mates is a farmer and head of merino breeders in WA knew of upcoming dramas and brown paper bags a month before sixty minutes couldnt do a thing.

Its claimed ventilation wasnt turned off only suggested.

oh and sorry for my views austranada

Whilst im posting australian news heres another can of worms many see him as a hero.

An alleged self-proclaimed "paedophile hunter" charged with assault thought he was "doing the community a favour", his lawyer says.

In December last year, the man gained public attention by posting videos of himself online making citizen's arrests of people he alleged were child groomers around Adelaide after communicating with them on the internet while pretending to be a young boy.

Police allege the man, who dubbed himself the "Pedo Hunter", was 42-year-old Richard Paul Warner.

Mr Warner faced the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Wednesday charged with one count of aggravated assault.

The hearing was adjourned until next month because the court heard Commonwealth prosecutors need time to finalise possible further charges against him.

This guys was abused as a child and vowed rid adelaide of pedophiles. Hes actually had a few jailed already.

The left of politics and greens etc think the opposite he should be jailed worlds a crazy place

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
      Live sheep sales to middle eastern countries will eventually be banned over next five years.

Scaled back at moment are shipped mostly from WA think up to 35000 sheep on a vessel.

Many of these countries "have" to have live sheep for cultural reasons and will not accept frozen so they will just get them from else were.

Anyway reason for the ban was a "sixty minutes" story which showed cruelty, lack of ventilation lack of space etc etc. A crewman filmed it.

Many smelt a rat. Many knew of scullduggery but had no proof other than word of mouth.

Comes out today the crewman was paid $38,000 to turn of ventilation for a while so sheep were distressed panting puffing and he filmed it. Hes a guy from not sure oman or somewere more money than he will earn in his life. He as the "whistleblower" became PETAs person of the year.

So now a whisltleblower has blown a whistle on the whistleblower.

Animals australia have not commented but emails/messages have been leaked one can presume all the crewman got them.

So the call is now not necessarily get live sheep trade back 100% think thats unlikely but AnimalsAustralia to be charged with animal cruelty gonna be interesting.

And ps australias live shipping is seen to be best in the world.

One of me best mates is a farmer and head of merino breeders in WA knew of upcoming dramas and brown paper bags a month before sixty minutes couldnt do a thing.

Its claimed ventilation wasnt turned off only suggested.

oh and sorry for my views austranada
      Not offended in the least. I've seen firsthand the effect this has had on the local sheep farmers and I must say I've never met more resilient people in my life. If there was some collusion I hope they get to the bottom of it.

I live by this quote

Think just as much about how you build an ideal system as how it might be corrupted, destroyed, manipulated, or gamed. Think about unintended consequences, not simply to stop a bad idea but to build resilience into the model

Comment

(Moved here)

What's going on down under? Apparently our local kooks have relatives everywhere?

https://twitter.com/LizMountford/status/1085495079291088896 https://twitter.com/LizMountford/status/1085495079291088896

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
          (Moved here)

What's going on down under? Apparently our local kooks have relatives everywhere?

https://twitter.com/LizMountford/status/1085495079291088896 https://twitter.com/LizMountford/status/1085495079291088896
          you on twitter burnt?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
            you on twitter burnt?
            Nope. I just flip through a few feeds.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
              Nope. I just flip through a few feeds.
              i was a consencious objector to twitter and facebook.

dont do facebook to much lately mostly for family stuff.

but twitter yeah dont mind it not obsessed with it but post a pic of a weed "whats this" 20 replies within 20 minutes. were do i find such and such a part people reply. etec etc

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...