• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longrange dewormer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longrange dewormer

Seeing we have some action here just wondering if anyone is trying longrange dewormer, for those not familar with it its a 5 month injectable internal parasite control. We have used it 2 years now on heifers with good results, have anyone else seen results.

Would like to try it but far too pricey at $800/bottle. Internal parasites not a big issue for me according to manure testing, so it would just be for the fly protection. If I win the lottery, I'll for sure give it a go.

Comment

We have used it on the the breeding heifers for 2 years now. We breed for 45 days and preg check 35 day later so the drys can still hit the yearling market at the end of September. They were averaging right around a 1000 lbs. the 5 years before that and 2 years ago was 1036 lbs and last year was 1099 lbs. with the longrange. That is some goods result, it costs about $10 a head.

Comment

Good return IF it was all down to the dewormer. I doubt it was though.

Comment

No I don't think it is all due to the Longrange, but since we started using it we have noticed the difference. We try different things on our own place to see if it works in are climate and was just wondering if anyone else has used it. I have heard lots of good about it down south so wanted to try it ourselves.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.