• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gps kijiji

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gps kijiji

Has anyone bought or tried the gps system the guy is selling on kijiji using a laptop thank you

Originally posted by chaser View Post
    Has anyone bought or tried the gps system the guy is selling on kijiji using a laptop thank you
    Do you have a link or more info, I can’t find it on kijiji

Comment

Oh I seen it under farm equipment alberta

Comment

If you are referring to the one that leads to farmgps.wordpress.com, connected to navigation laptops and email is navigation.laptops@gmail.com. From Vancouver area, with ads all over kijiji?
        The proprietors name is Ivan.

It is a scam, DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this scammer!

You can get Agopengps for free, no need to deal with this outfit.

I bought a toughbook from him for running farmergps on. It was guaranteed refurbished and fully functional. It arrived, with half the keyboard not working. I needed it right away, tried to contact him about a resolution(i offered to install it, if he could ship a new keyboard). Wouldn't respond to emails, phone calls, texts or kijiji. So I put ads on kijiji warning other potential victims. Previous victims contacted me to state that the same thing had happened to them.
        He obviously knew the keyboard didn't work, since he had installed an onscreen keyboard,which was completely useless since the touchscreen wouldn't hold its calibration, plus, while trying to also use the screen for gps and drive. I had to buy and install the new keyboard, and a while late, the touchscreen quit working.

Thanks for the reminder, I should renew my smear campaign, and maybe some of you can let him know he is losing potential customers due to the complete lack of support, and selling known defective products. Lots of other sources of used toughbooks online and cheaper.

Comment

I got the agopen but was scammed on the antenna, so never got to use it, but i have faith in it, look it up on the combine forum.

Comment

Thank you big time so many scams going on don't know who to trust I guess they take advantage of farmers to

Comment

Thank you big time so many scams going on don't know who to trust I guess they take advantage of farmers to
              They’ll take advantage of anybody they’re not prejudice.

A neighbour recently busted a scammer on Kijiji trying to sell backhoe parts out of Winnipeg.

Comment

Kijiji is getting to be full of scammers and wannabe middlemen. Anytime I put on equipment I get people from Vancouver and other places wanting to help me sell my worthless junk. Must be a scam or they’re really desperate as the selling price is usually in the price range of a case of good liquor. Any of these platforms are a bellwether of society in general. Do enough dealing and you’ll find the dishonest and desperate along with people’s true nature.

Comment

But just to clarify, the AgopenGPS is legit and a very good product, created by a member of Agriville, highly recommended, can't beat the price or customer support either. And the used Panasonic toughbook laptops are an excellent and affordable choice for dust, moisture, vibration and abuse that they will receive in a tractor. I would just source them elsewhere.

And spread the word not to deal with Navigation Laptops.

Comment

What do you mean someone is selling AgOpenGPS? I made it open source and free right from the start.

Edit: Oh i see, he is making money by buying older 50$ notebooks and selling them for 4 to 500 bucks after a quick windex wipedown.

I'm speaking at CropSpheres tomorrow morning if you're interested in the self driving project, and my experience so far with autonomous ag, Artificial Intelligence, LIDAR and GPS basics, safety.....
                    Last edited by wd9; Jan 14, 2019, 18:40.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.