• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So just hold on a second......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ms al-Qunun’s case was referred to Australia by the United Nations’ High Commission for Refugees who decided she was a genuine refugee.

However, The Australian reported the UNHCR withdrew its referral to this country, claiming Ms al-Qunun has said Canada was her first choice for a new home.

It was unclear for most of Friday evening what country the 18-year-old would end up in.

The Daily Mail reported Ms al-Qunun had already been granted resettlement in Australia — a claim The Australian said had been denied by government sources.

However Ms Alqunun’s father, a Saudi government official who has 10 children, has told Thai police that his daughter fled while on a family holiday to Kuwait simply because she “felt neglected”, Nine News reports.

The man, who has not been identified, arrived in Bangkok with one of his sons on Tuesday evening with the intention of speaking with his daughter.

“The father and brother want to go and talk to Rahaf but the UN will need to approve such talk,” Surachte Hakpan, Thailand’s immigration chief, said.

Overnight, Ms Alqunun shared a smiling photo on Twitter saying she was “happy” after the United Nations’ High Commission for Refugees decided she was a genuine refugee.
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Jan 13, 2019, 01:49.

Comment

Bet $10 she stays for a bit and then goes right back home. Her father is a prominent business man so I doubt she was getting poor treatment like the general population. Another waste. Another failure in our immigration system.

Most immigrants desired final destination is the US. Whats the US going to do when we start bringing them here on our dime and then they head south to cross.

Comment

You may be right. She may run home.
        But after that reporter got chopped up, is it really worth the risk.
        You can not have bad examples
        Like her running around, without being punished. Can you?

I think the govt. Here overplayed it. At least she was 18, her decision

You do that ,and then it blows up in your face.
        You look really bad then

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

However Ms Alqunun’s father, a Saudi government official who has 10 children, has told Thai police that his daughter fled while on a family holiday to Kuwait simply because she “felt neglected”, Nine News reports.
          Well maybe I'm just hypersensitive, but being threatened by my father and brothers with having my head cut off would make me feel damned neglected.

15444, sawfly - bingo.

Comment

Need I say more.

Safe in Canada, returns home joins a protest and is executed.
            https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/calgary-family-caught-up-in-deadly-violence-in-sudan/ar-BBSaDOc?ocid=spartanntp
            Calgary family caught up in deadly violence in Sudan
            Last edited by jazz; Jan 13, 2019, 15:33.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Immigrants come to Canada then return to live part time in a civil war zone. Hell regular Canadians travel to the most dangerous parts of the world to preach tolerance only to end up hacked. I think you overestimate the logic.
              Indeed, I might - only time will tell.

However, if this girl goes back to any Muslim-dominated country, she will end up dead.

The delicious irony in this situation is that it must annoy both the Islamists and the Liberals.

The Islamists - because she renounced Islam, punishable by death under Sharia law, but welcomed into Canada by the very government that has provided copious cover for their destructive ideology to flourish.

The Liberals - because it creates a true dilemma for them - first, because it "showcases" their open borders policy, and second, will her decision to denounce Islam now be considered a violation of M 103?

A perfect illustration of the Chinese proverb - "May the butterfly of happiness fly up your nose."
              Last edited by burnt; Jan 13, 2019, 12:35.

Comment

Remember about 10-12 yrs or so ago when Lebanon had an uprising and real war. Like who would want to live in that. Horrible right. Well surprise surprise, there were 15,000 new Canadians apparently looking for a better life by returning back to their hell hole country.

Canadian cruise ships called to action and a $100m rescue on the tax payers dime. This was on harpers tenure too.

If we are taking people from these zones, there has to be a clear understanding if they go back to them, don't count on the govt. I have never seen a country as desperate for people as Canada is.
                Last edited by jazz; Jan 13, 2019, 12:57.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Remember about 10-12 yrs or so ago when Lebanon had an uprising and real war. Like who would want to live in that. Horrible right. Well surprise surprise, there were 15,000 new Canadians apparently looking for a better life by returning back to their hell hole country.

Canadian cruise ships called to action and a $100m rescue on the tax payers dime. This was on harpers tenure too.

If we are taking people from these zones, there has to be a clear understanding if they go back to them, don't count on the govt. I have never seen a country as desperate for people as Canada is.
                  Any idea how much this stunt has cost???

The photo op by Freeland, the security, and then add in the diplomatic shit....it could quickly add up to millions to say yes to the UN bringing this 18 year old into Canada....

Don't all Canadian 18 year olds deserve the same investment????????????

Comment

Burnt thanks for your referance
                    To M 103.
                    It led me to video, moslems against M103.
                    Very enlightening, for sure

I have been , unsure how to view
                    What has been going on.
                    The video cleared a lot up.

While against preaching hate ,like Nazis or radical Islam.
                    No law should have blasphemy as a crime.
                    Supporting atheist views would be blasphemy to somebody.
                    Religions do not deserve legal
                    Protection from ideas

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                      No law should have blasphemy as a crime.
                      Supporting atheist views would be blasphemy to somebody.
                      Religions do not deserve legal
                      Protection from ideas
                      HEEEEEH!!!!...gasp!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Don't all Canadian 18 year olds deserve the same investment????????????
                        Somewhere probably in India or China there is a math savant who was passed over so we could bring an emotional arab teenager in here.

Comment

All over the news last night a interview with her.

"i really wanted to go to australia but canada will do" "australia to slow to help me" she should be thankful either way.

Looking to life education and university in canada.

Guess theres pockets of saudis or iraq yemenese or what ever she can relocate with in big cities toronto montreal quebec i guess or will she be intergrated with main stream canadian family whatever that is

Comment

Hmmm, who’s going to pay for her University education??
                            At 18 and away from family, where would the money come from to go to University let alone food , clothing , housing ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Hmmm, who’s going to pay for her University education??
                              At 18 and away from family, where would the money come from to go to University let alone food , clothing , housing ?
                              Don’t fool yourself, a dozen schools will be offering her free tuition, room and board by the end of the week. You would be amazed how much money universities are throwing at Syrian refugees

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                                All over the news last night a interview with her.

"i really wanted to go to australia but canada will do" "australia to slow to help me" she should be thankful either way.

Looking to life education and university in canada.

Guess theres pockets of saudis or iraq yemenese or what ever she can relocate with in big cities toronto montreal quebec i guess or will she be intergrated with main stream canadian family whatever that is
                                Tell your friends and neighbours not to take it personally, we’d gladly send you her and Trudeau both. We’d even be willing to keep her and just send Trudeau

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...