• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada's electrical generation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada's electrical generation

An interesting website:

http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/facts/electricity/20068 http://https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/facts/electricity/20068

Must say I had underestimated the amount of renewable energy already being used for power generation.

"66% of Canada’s electricity comes from renewable sources and 81% from non-GHG emitting sources".

Roughly 59% of Canada's electricity is generated by hydroelectric (98% in MB)
    15% generated by nuclear (57.5% of Ontario's power generation)
    4.1% wind power (98% of PEI's power is from wind)
    Coal makes up 9% of generation but nearly half of AB/SK/NS generation.

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    An interesting website:

http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/facts/electricity/20068 http://https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/facts/electricity/20068

Must say I had underestimated the amount of renewable energy already being used for power generation.

"66% of Canada’s electricity comes from renewable sources and 81% from non-GHG emitting sources".

Roughly 59% of Canada's electricity is generated by hydroelectric (98% in MB)
    15% generated by nuclear (57.5% of Ontario's power generation)
    4.1% wind power (98% of PEI's power is from wind)
    Coal makes up 9% of generation but nearly half of AB/SK/NS generation.
    As you were told before, Canada is in a carbon deficit position. The carbon tax is a scam. But try building another hydro project again. Will never happen.

Too bad the Libs and Greens scuttled nuclear for good in this country.

Comment

No idea what to believe from same govt document same year.
      Whats the saying lies,damn lies and statistics....

Not a shot at you grass at all but one file says 2.1% the other nearly 16% renewable energy.

Only difference is in wording generation and production im lost with it

Click image for larger version

Name:	energy.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	767042

Click image for larger version

Name:	energy1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	767043

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        No idea what to believe from same govt document same year.
        Whats the saying lies,damn lies and statistics....

Not a shot at you grass at all but one file says 2.1% the other nearly 16% renewable energy.

Only difference is in wording generation and production im lost with it

[ATTACH]3857[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3858[/ATTACH]
        I think the key words there are ENERGY vs ELECTRICITY. Energy production would include all types domestically produced energy, ex. coal, gasoline, diesel, home heating, bunker fuel, plus electricity, including exported energy(primarily in the form of coal).

Whereas electrical generation would only refer to what goes into the power grid.

But does Australia really produce that little oil and gas, that doesn't add up does it?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          I think the key words there are ENERGY vs ELECTRICITY. Energy production would include all types domestically produced energy, ex. coal, gasoline, diesel, home heating, bunker fuel, plus electricity, including exported energy(primarily in the form of coal).

Whereas electrical generation would only refer to what goes into the power grid.

But does Australia really produce that little oil and gas, that doesn't add up does it?
          woops correct af5 didnt see that

shitloads of gas and coal all exported.

Australia is one of only three net hydrocarbon exporting nations in the OECD and is the largest net exporter of coal. Australia also exports natural gas but is a net importer of oil. Australia supplies energy resources both internationally and domestically as it has large resources in coal, uranium and natural gas.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            .... But try building another hydro project again. Will never happen......
            I understand there are 4 being built currently in Quebec.

Comment

I understand there are 4 being built currently in Quebec.
              I think he meant in Canada
              keebec does any ****ing thing they want ((I.e. dumping raw shit in the st Lawrence, being a have not province since equalization started , etc., etc.)
              any being built in Canada ? don't know , just asking ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                I think he meant in Canada
                keebec does any ****ing thing they want ((I.e. dumping raw shit in the st Lawrence, being a have not province since equalization started , etc., etc.)
                any being built in Canada ? don't know , just asking ?
                Did you skip grade 1 geography?

Comment

Did you skip grade 1 geography?
                  sorry that slipped right over your head again
                  most in canada are thinking that they are an ugly growth that needs to be removed

Comment

Jazz

"But try building another hydro project again. Will never happen."

Keeyask is currently being build in Northern Manitoba. A quick google would have told you that.

Lighten up a bit, all the negativity isn't healthy for you!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.