• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its Saturday Night

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Saturday Night

9.15 pm

Did some chores this morning.

Took son to sport this afternoon.

Wifes watching a movie and im looking at Agriville with a cup of tea. Whats my life become

Shouldnt i be at a local bar or out and about visiting or doing something sneaky with my wife........

What do you guys do saturday evenings, thinking im the only one here 63 vintage all the rest of you way younger hell farmaholic aint even had his 40th birthday yet.

Also recovering to a degree 3 days over 42c this week kinda drains your body.

Wouldnt change a thing. errr except obscene temps

Well around this ranch SAT. night is the same as every night that ends in Y. Sitting on couch watching T.V. waiting for 11 p.m usually fall a sleep ,the wife wakes me then to bed. We are having calves so our life is busy ,buy the time we do chores getting fresh air all day I'm ready for bed. I have 10 years on you so I REALLY GLAD TO SEE MORNING COME 5;30 to 6 am. When do you start lambing? As you mentioned doing things with wife we just talk about things 45 years ago. You can keep the heat. Dave from central Saskatchewan Canada

Comment

Mallee, that heat would tire me out too. We just came out of a deep freeze this weekend. All week the day time temperatures were not too bad, around minus 17 to 24 but the ol Nor Western was 40 to 50 k day and night. If you would have needed to walk anywhere, exposed skin would freeze in ten minutes or so. Farm workshops are heated and many of us are doing equipment repair and maintenance that we don’t have time for in the summer as air temperature outdoors doesn’t really lend itself to outdoor work. Some farmers around us escape for a bit to Trumpdon (Florida, some to McAllen, Texas, Mesa, Las Vegas) where the temps are near 20 degrees. Some of the snowbirds will frolic in the sun and come home in March or April and get to work. We can’t forget The Crop Production Show in Saskatoon right after Christmas. Many farmers who are still here go to the show to see the latest seed, fertilizer and snake oil salesmen. The Sask Pulse, Flax Growers, Canaryseed Producers annual meetings ( and agriculture reunions and much more) take place in Saskatoon starting Jan 11.

When our kids were growing up our winters were spent in the ice skating or curling rinks as they were a bee hive of activity. Community and rink boards kept the doors open and volunteers ordered supplies, made and maintained ice surfaces and kept the canteens stocked with hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries and beverage. The smell of fried onions and rink burgers will always be vivid in many minds for life. Everyone here knew all the villagers and farmers for miles around. It was a lot of fun - most times. During our cold snaps you always heard of cars failing, snow mobile accidents, roads blocked by drifting snow and water lines freezing, furnaces failing. Not so much today as automobiles have improved a lot and man has adapted to the inclement conditions with technology.

I actually enjoy the crisp winter air on my cheeks even when it is 20 below. I wish we could send you a polar vortex for a couple of weeks. I think you might enjoy it. ❄️⛄️ What are you doing at the farm right now?

Comment

Currently some fencing odd jobs repairs etc.

Working out if cropping is actually worth the effort, may be just as good to sow feed for stock and hay.

Many have decided in my local area to do stock only.

At sport yesterday a friend said he didnt even get his seed back so gave up after first 150 acres

just obscene for first part of week
        Click image for larger version

Name:	obscene.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	767041
        Last edited by malleefarmer; Jan 12, 2019, 15:27.

Comment

Watch the sun set on the patio sipping some wine.

Comment

It’s Saturday night here and we are drinking tea and playing crib with the better half. She is beating me every game tonight so might take a break switch to rum and try again later.
            Last edited by seldomseen; Jan 12, 2019, 22:57.

Comment

Let her win Seldomseen....you might get a sympathy lay later on! Don't let your competitive ego get in the way of the "consolation" prize. LOL.

Take care...

Comment

Hoping the rum will help😎

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.