• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FNA

Was a member yrs ago, wondering how things are now with FNA? They have several generic chemicals which can save huge savings on crop inputs. Talked with my rep before Christmas and got prices on chemicals I use. There are some “cheaper “ ones out there, some you have to buy additives like Merge for Solo, but still cheaper than the BASF stuff. I know there is no “warranty” on their products, but we are fighting with the chem companies when using non generic products. They have a million excuses why something didn’t work. How are these products performing for those who are using them?
    I’m considering using quite a few due cost differences.

One other thing, are the chemicals getting delivered on time?

Comment

Never was a member. Didn't like the membership fees after the initial membership drive. Later entrants paid higher memberships.

Generics, I used Adama's Clethodim(Arrow) this past year on flax with group one resistant wild oats in it.... may as well not have sprayed. It was probably too much of a challenge for the product, alot of hurdles.... group one resistant wild oats, uncompetitive crop, challenging growing season. Hard to lay the blame solely on the herbicide. But you have to wonder if the generics are absolutely equal to the brand-name products. Active ingredients will be "guaranteed" but are there differences in the surfactants that may make one product perform better than the other. Surfactants aren't listed on the label.

Oh yea, and generics don't come packaged in pretty boxes.

Enter 70ft Degelman heavy harrow with a 3255 Valmar applicator. Gotta mix things up a little before I wear out group 2 chemistry as well.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigzee;399461]Was a member yrs ago, wondering how things are now with FNA? They have several generic chemicals which can save huge savings on crop inputs. Talked with my rep before Christmas and got prices on chemicals I use. There are some “cheaper “ ones out there, some you have to buy additives like Merge for Solo, but still cheaper than the BASF stuff. I know there is no “warranty” on their products, but we are fighting with the chem companies when using non generic products. They have a million excuses why something didn’t work. How are these products performing for those who are using them?
        I’m considering using quite a few due cost differences.[/QUOTE

I joined and am quite happy. You do have to order early to ensure supply. Just remember to carefully ask about the generic. For example the puma equivalent they sell is equivalent to Puma Super, because the surfactant in Puma Advance is still patent protected. Just remember that Puma Super was really hard on barley is it got cold. Rumor is that they will have a seed treatment by spring for a fraction of the big guys. Most ingredients in seed treatments have been off patent for years.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Never was a member. Didn't like the membership fees after the initial membership drive. Later entrants paid higher memberships.

Generics, I used Adama's Clethodim(Arrow) this past year on flax with group one resistant wild oats in it.... may as well not have sprayed. It was probably too much of a challenge for the product, alot of hurdles.... group one resistant wild oats, uncompetitive crop, challenging growing season. Hard to lay the blame solely on the herbicide. But you have to wonder if the generics are absolutely equal to the brand-name products. Active ingredients will be "guaranteed" but are there differences in the surfactants that may make one product perform better than the other. Surfactants aren't listed on the label.

Oh yea, and generics don't come packaged in pretty boxes.

Enter 70ft Degelman heavy harrow with a 3255 Valmar applicator. Gotta mix things up a little before I wear out group 2 chemistry as well.
          Did the neighbors ask if you were going organic?
          I love that shit. Its so funny.
          They have an accounts receivable insurance program called Market Power Assurance. If you are exploring new buyers in export areas. This means qualifying new buyers out of province and out of country.
          Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Jan 8, 2019, 21:51.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
            Did the neighbors ask if you were going organic?
            I love that shit. Its so funny.
            They have an accounts receivable insurance program called Market Power Assurance. If you are exploring new buyers in export areas. This means qualifying new buyers out of province and out of country.
            They were very concerned to see me off my game and started to organize an intervention but I assured them I wasn't going to convert. I promised them I would clean up my act. None of the previous organic producers in this area "relapsed".

Comment

They don’t have many fungicides available. Only one for pulses is the old Headline, forget the generic name.
              Even with big purchases from the big chem companies I can get enough back on rebates to equal what they are charging.
              I can buy glyphosate from retailers for same prices as FNA.

Comment

Bigzee I wonder if Adama would have more herbicide and fungicide options for you?

The FNA accounts receivable program Hobby outlined sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                  Bigzee I wonder if Adama would have more herbicide and fungicide options for you?

The Hobbit from Middle Earth, brought that A/R Insurance up when the CWB was shut down and new market options became available....I never used it. That was the first time I ever heard of such a thing.

Comment

Delivery has been less than stellar.

Have always been happy the product.
                    Esp the original glyphosate they sold.

My theory is , spend to promote the generics business.
                    And generally they have led on price.

Do not forget , the brand names hosed US for years
                    After their patents expired, while selling for 1/3 our price
                    In the USA

They only compete when forced to.

Comment

I use to use them until they would drop off my stuff at someone’s place I didn’t know. They did this twice and I was done. I really liked their innoculant.

Comment

Is their fertilizer venture gone bust?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post

Where is Adama based out of?
                          They seem to have quite the selection.

Comment

Used to be Makhteshim decades ago. Originated in Israel. Bought their generic trifluralin when it still came in steel pails!

Gone global since then, obviously.
                            China based now to a great extent.
                            Last edited by farming101; Jan 9, 2019, 09:10.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              They were very concerned to see me off my game and started to organize an intervention but I assured them I wasn't going to convert. I promised them I would clean up my act. None of the previous organic producers in this area "relapsed".
                              “Relapsed” 🙂 Nice.
                              Wiping the coffee off my phone now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.