• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump approval versus Trudeau

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump approval versus Trudeau

First a disclaimer, I am not a Donald Trump fan. I am tired of his constant tweets and how much his tariffs have affected us in Canada. But something clicked in my head today when I looked at the jobs reports from both the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. gained over 200000 jobs and Canada 9300 I believe. In my home province of Alberta we lost 17000 jobs. So I wondered which leader has a higher approval rating in his own country? A bit of quick googling and it appears Donald Trump has an approval rating of 44% if you look at realclearpolitics or around 50% if you look at Rasmussen polling. Justin Trudeau's latest approval rating according to Angus Reid is 35%. What sticks out to me is let's be honest, if you were Justin Trudeau how would you feel? He has certainly chastised Donald Trump in the past but Donald is still more popular in his own country. Any thoughts?

Thoughts are can’t wait to get rid of liberals this year!!!!!
    If we get another 4 years of them we’re done.

Comment

10 more months of the drama teacher, I would be surprised 35% would approve him.

CBC and CTV hardly cover Justin stories due to his unpopularity.

Comment

cbc will tell you he is way more popular than that
        fake news they will say
        Lisa will reaffirm

Comment

My thoughts are that we are currently enduring the worst government in Canadian history, by all accounts. It is almost unbelievable to think about.

Comment

you hear gormley today saying what that self entitled trust fund baby wanted at the govt of Canada lake cabin
            several boats , canoes , helipad , kayaks , etc. , etc.
            helipad so he doesn't have to make the 25 min. commute
            all at taxpayer expense of course

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D752084B-A87F-4BDD-BDA3-E262FBFDBE6D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	767022

Yea our idiot knows what he is doing.

People wake up Canada is going backwards.

Once the housing market starts to crash look out then its high employment bankruptcy etc.

Trudeau will get a job with UN and leave us with a huge mess.

It’s sick how some still support this fool.

Comment

SF3, there was a news story claiming that Trudeau is so far to the left he basically is Canada first NDP PM. Now we have him and the NDP and Greens who are even more left. I fear these groups will be the balance if power in a minority govt and if that happens god help us.

Comment

I can't imagine Trudeau could be so naively in denial to believe that he himself is doing a good job! ...maybe it's blind arrogance.

How do the Liberals present this pig to the Canadian electorate as a feasible option for another four year term in October 2019?.....there isn't enough lipstick in Canada to put on it.

In my opinion he has been a dismal failure. I would take the cold, stone faced, dictator Harper over the clown we have today....any day!

As for Trump....yikes. Not my type of man either....I bet the Elephants are regretting that choice too. But the bit of contact I've had with American people lately, bold enough to bring up politics, seem to approve. Go figure.

Comment

Ham

One thing to consider, Canada has six national parties, the USA has two parties. Therefore, am not quite sure how you can compare the two.

But if Trump is at 44% that means 56% oppose him. When I went to school 44% was a failing grade.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                      Ham

One thing to consider, Canada has six national parties, the USA has two parties. Therefore, am not quite sure how you can compare the two.

But if Trump is at 44% that means 56% oppose him. When I went to school 44% was a failing grade.
                      Then what would you call 35 % for Trudeau......special needs?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                        Ham

Actually Forage the Angus Reid poll done in December was an approval rating of just Justin Trudeau. 8% of Canadians strongly approved, 27% approve and 19% disapprove but an additional 39% strongly disapproved. So 48% disapproves of a Prime Minister that the media gives much more positive coverage of than they do of Donald Trump. So the fact remains that Justin Trudeau has less popular support of his agenda in Canada than Donald Trump does of his in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                          Actually Forage the Angus Reid poll done in December was an approval rating of just Justin Trudeau. 8% of Canadians strongly approved, 27% approve and 19% disapprove but an additional 39% strongly disapproved. So 48% disapproves of a Prime Minister that the media gives much more positive coverage of than they do of Donald Trump. So the fact remains that Justin Trudeau has less popular support of his agenda in Canada than Donald Trump does of his in the U.S.
                          Why doesn't the canadian media cover Trudeau on a daily basis like they follow Trump hourly...

Justin just broke ethics by filming liberal fund raising in the PMs office and not even a daily news item let alone hourly ....

****ing media gets 100s of millions and their news cycle is only 30 minutes then repeats ....

At least here on agriville there is fresh opinions or more topics to engage in....

Comment

I’m am totally convinced the Canadian media wants Trudeau and will do anything to keep that looser in power.follow the money trail.

They do the old liberal slight of hand trick.

Look here and forget about the real problem over there.

Simply focus on trump and let shit for brains Trudeau get a free ride.

Funny the tv down here in the USA doesn’t really focus much on the shut down maybe a couple minutes and then on highways shootings and feel good stories.

Fox is the best news coverage ( some will cry but most Americans watch fox) cnn is losing ground.

Most Americans are working again and traveling and spending and happy.

In canada we got a carbon tax, over taxed low dollar shit show.

Thank a liberal every day of this year.

Comment

SF3

Ever hear on a daily basis about Trudeau in the states..... the way we hear about Trump?

289 days left of this buffoon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.