• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reflections of other farmer's attitudes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reflections of other farmer's attitudes

In speaking to other farmers I find they are not up to date with our industry...

The seed tax is rarely talked about by guys that watch their pennies way better than I do....they don't seem to be informed...

They seem resigned to the carbon tax but the question is asked "why are we not paid well for the efforts our farms do to help reduce emissions?" whether it be a newer tractor or farming methods...

Along with a general hatred for Trudeau...but a new conservative government won't change the seed tax ...they are co-sponsored by the WCWGA...

And yet start talking hockey or curling and the stats ramble out of their faces....from years ago...

We earn our living from farming ...why are farming issues on the back burner and don't share the same fervour as their favourite sports team ?????????

Plenty of views on different topics here and a tenth the comments....

Don't you get it!!!! You're not farming, you're just a consumer controlled by the multinationals. Ditch the mainstream ag treadmill already.

Comment

I honestly don't think the average coffee row guy knows how the SeedCo tax is about to affect them. But after its fully implemented and they start to see the deduction and realize its into perpetuity....listen to them cry. This whole thing has been quietly planned along time already, now the crooks are trying to present it in the most palatable form.

What pisses me off to no end is primary Producers will foot the bill for the rest of the "entire" Industry to benefit. Anyone thinking there will be a "boon" to primary Producers is as delusional in their beliefs as the other fairy tales they believe in.

Comment

bucket who are you talking to. You do realize the average age of farmers is 55. Many of these guys might just looking at taking it for 10 more yrs and then letting someone else worry about it all.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          bucket who are you talking to. You do realize the average age of farmers is 55. Many of these guys might just looking at taking it for 10 more yrs and then letting someone else worry about it all.
          30 to 40 year olds occasionally that use to think I was such a downer ( I am ) but I can almost pinpoint the year young guys start writing the cheques for the farm.....attitudes change , their step , their laugh etc...

Then they become the downers with the question to me...." Do you know how much equipment costs?"" To which I reply ...nope not a clue....then I start laughing....

There is hope though....seen some young guys asking questions at the saskatoon meeting on this seed tax....there should be more ...
          Last edited by bucket; Dec 15, 2018, 08:13.

Comment

Regarding the "comments" versus "views"(lurking).

Don't under estimate the site's usefulness, this site is closely monitored for "opinion and information".

What is said here is likely as good as, OR BETTER, than what you would get at a carefully orchestrated manipulated public meeting. And it is all recorded in text! Not some audible words that can fall on deaf ears only to be forgotten. But don't let that scare you off, if your open minded but steadfast in your approach you have nothing to fear....not even the hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              30 to 40 year olds occasionally that use to think I was such a downer ( I am ) but I can almost pinpoint the year young guys start writing the cheques for the farm.....attitudes change , their step , their laugh etc...

Many 30-40 yr old guys are still farming with the old man, hence the backing. Likely they have bought a bit, rented a bunch of land, tripled their acres and running their wheels off, but when the old man gets out of the picture, they will likely fall back to his (or their) main yard, run a few extra acres around the vicinity and call her good.

So a seed tax isn't likely to bite too hard on them in the long run. You pull in your horns a bit when you get older. After this fall everybody is asking themselves do I need to farm the entire planet or is less acres more manageable.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Regarding the "comments" versus "views"(lurking).

Don't under estimate the site's usefulness, this site is closely monitored for "opinion and information".

What is said here is likely as good as, OR BETTER, than what you would get at a carefully orchestrated manipulated public meeting. And it is all recorded in text! Not some audible words that can fall on deaf ears only to be forgotten. But don't let that scare you off, if your open minded but steadfast in your approach you have nothing to fear....not even the hypocrites.

The good news is what I have written on this site will never allow me to become a politician....lol...

Conservatives and liberals are bought off elitists....phoned my MPs office about the seed tax and Morneaus comments after the finance ministers meeting and they told me to write a letter to the press.....

Been told by Lukiwskis office not to call anymore because I am not a constituent....but the closed elevator in his constituency should be of his concern....

So there is two conservatives that don't give a ****. ...Anderson and Lukiwski. ....

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Or 66 and have no fight left, coasting to finish line, checkered flag is in sight.

Comment

It's a tough thing. Meetings in the 80s, I was at rallies in the 90s, I did the building of Grain Elevators by farmers, I sat on committees etc. I'm tired and sick of how we get stomped on.

Like some have said when your rounding third base and have begun the slide to home plate your just about done fighting.

Comment

That's why I don't go to the coffee shop. The only thing the farmers in there will talk about is winter holidays or snowmobiles rides or fishing trips or hockey. You bring up an ag issue everyone just looks at you as if you are nuts!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...