• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grass can you give me a quick lesson

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass can you give me a quick lesson

Teresa may hardly had a resounding victory in recent ballot.

I only have 2 handfuls of uk friends a couple from scotland they are evenly divided basically on brexit vote so im out of my depth with whats right or wrong.

Anyway Ireland seems to be a issue which i cant get my head around. northern Ireland alinged with uk about 1/3 of population and irish republic is it the other 2/3rds alinged with EU??

So did those in irish republic vote on brexit or they were excluded cause there not part of uk?

Its flooding our media at the moment?

And commentators suggesting if another vote happened almost same result would happen even a few % more to brexit rather than stay.

Thanks grass when you reply just cant get my head around why ireland is so crucial

Eire (former Irish republic) didn't vote as they are a foreign and hostile country. Their goal is a united Ireland ie the Catholic south takes over the Protestant north. This will happen in time anyway as the catholics in the north are outbreeding the protestants but I think the south sees a hard border after Brexit as delaying their eventual takeover as it separates the country more in the minds of the people. No reason why a hard border can't work again as it did in the past.

May has an impossible task but I think the bloody mindedness with which the other EU countries are treating Britain in this separation is proof of why we should be out of Europe. We didn't fight and win 2 world wars to live in a European superstate run by the Germans.

Comment

https://youtu.be/6Ejga4kJUts ZOMBIE by the Cranberries

Remake/cover...

https://youtu.be/9XaS93WMRQQ ZOMBIE by the Bad Wolves

"funny", how some things never change, in some instances locations change but circumstances don't.

Kinda a derail

Comment

Thanks grass now i understand a bit more irish republic didnt vote go it.

googled somewere and it said ireland north and eire is about about 70% protestant in 2018 and growing.

so eire have the own parliment? and not bound by uk law of the land?>

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          Thanks grass now i understand a bit more irish republic didnt vote go it.

googled somewere and it said ireland north and eire is about about 70% protestant in 2018 and growing.

so eire have the own parliment? and not bound by uk law of the land?>
          Yes, it's essentially been an independent republic since 1922. Their hatred of Britain demonstrated itself during WW2 (in which they were neutral) when they defied the blackout Britain had and left their lights on to guide the German bombers in so they could bomb Liverpool, Glasgow and other west coast cities in the pre-guidance system days.

You must have used Donald Trump's Alternative Facts Google, lol. Catholics are set to form the majority in Northern Ireland by 2021 - the already have the majority in the under 35 age group. Backed by the catholic church they've steadily been buying up farms on the border for decades now displacing protestant farmers who often moved to Scotland.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...