• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skunked Again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunked Again

We only get skunks under the barn when we have a stinky government. And now I need some help getting rid of it/them. Don’t want to blast him with shot gun because farm will stink to high heaven.

Skunk trap and catfood. But if shot the stink only lasts a while haha. 17 HMR
    Get rid of the carcass.

Comment

Catch and release....at 24 Sussex Drive.

Comment

The skunk is to good for 24 Sussex Dr

Comment

yep, send to ottawa, we'll all chip in

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Catch and release....at 24 Sussex Drive.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in a heck of a long time. I was there in 1968 when the Agro’s dumped a load of manure for Pierre Elliot on the Bessborough steps in Saskatoon. 1968 ▶️ 2018 Good Grief, well I won’t be there for the next display of affection.

Comment

Our neighbour called a few days ago to say that a skunk tried to claw its way into their house. They blew it to pieces after it chased them to the goat barn where the gun was. They had it tested for rabies and it was positive. Tomorrow an enterage from province, health department and maybe conservation officers is coming to their farm. We don’t want to lose our cats to conservation officer or rabies so we’ll keep our mouths shut and get a trap.

Comment

From what my neighbours who were in a similar circumstance a year ago, the way to go is live traps. They won’t spray while in the trap.

Comment

U no ur a redneck wen u try an make a pet outta a skunk...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CanonPowerShotA610 250_Moment.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	766947

...but no vet would de-scent it for us. We raised it from a tiny little thing to the point we knew we couldn't get it "fixed" and then just gave him away to someone else. He always had a wee bit of a funky odor, I don't know when they are fully loaded and able to spray. He was funny to watch, he would run around and stamp both his front feet at once with his tail straight in the air. We visited it twice when it was full grown and it never was de-scented. They just won't spray if they aren't threatened. I was attached to it because I became it's mother, I bottle fed the little bugger. He was on solid food by the time we let him go....well on his way. I lost track of the guy we gave it to and don't know what ever became of Pepe (le pew).

I'll never forget him.

Comment

Back on topic.

We say a dead one on the shoulder of the highway about a week ago. They should be hibernating, not out and about in the middle of December. Too mild out.

Comment

Do not use the open wire cage for catching skunks. YES they can and do spray out of them.

Only use the enclosed traps such as the koenders. Bait with cat food.

Comment

Farmaholic, we had a pet racoon in our house for almost 2 years until he ran away from home. He was so tame that our son would put him in his hockey jacket and ride his Warrier with “George” enjoying the ride. He never gave us any grief and we were very attached to him too.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...