• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys make of this?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys make of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trsWw5Jsrcg

They are saying, the way roundup kills plants (targeting the shikimate pathway) also causes the same effect in the bacteria in our gut.

Combine that knowledge with this: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/gut-brain-connection#section1 (and all the new recent discoveries about the gut/mind connection)

Since you are responsible for feeding the world with or without roundup, I look forward to your critical thought on this.

Complete bullshit. I am not bacteria, protozoa, algae or a plant. My gut is affected by probiotics, prebiotics, and fermented foods. Witch hunts against glyphosate are just that. Driven by nut jobs. You know the Austranada, Hugo Distler, California dreamin' types.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
      Complete bullshit. I am not bacteria, protozoa, algae or a plant. My gut is affected by probiotics, prebiotics, and fermented foods. Witch hunts against glyphosate are just that. Driven by nut jobs. You know the Austranada, Hugo Distler, California dreamin' types.

Thanks for replying, If your willing to admit your gut is affected by pro and pre biotic wouldn't it also be affected by antibiotics? You know, like glyphosate?

Anyway, I'm not looking for a witch hunt, just your opinions, man. 😎

Comment

My opinion, besides stated,is that glyphosate is a valuable pesticide. I use it in minute quantities, and flollow the label. My mom and paternal grandmother died from cancer before we ever used glyphosate. My Dad just passed at the age of 90 ultimately from heart failure. In the last decades he used to ride his quad around the fields we were spraying with glyphosate.

I am very suspicious of any disparaging comments re glyphosate. I trust Health Canada, but distrust any UN agency.

Glyphosate is far and away the most valuable tool we have in our arsenal. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by pourfarmer View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trsWw5Jsrcg

They are saying, the way roundup kills plants (targeting the shikimate pathway) also causes the same effect in the bacteria in our gut.

Combine that knowledge with this: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/gut-brain-connection#section1 (and all the new recent discoveries about the gut/mind connection)

Since you are responsible for feeding the world with or without roundup, I look forward to your critical thought on this.
          Utter bullshit is what it is imo.
          You should see what they spray on your fruit. Oh , but you can wash it off ......

Comment

If any of you so-called experts think all products coming back from places like China or India are safe HAHAHAHAH

I have ocean front property in Arizona for you to purchase.

Its a total crock of shit.

Comment

It may be entirely marketing by scare tactics and conspiracy theories, but our consumers believe it. This battle has already been lost. Science isn't going to win this debate. We need to protect glyphosate as a preseeding or post harvest tool, by eliminating its use in any application where it can result in residues. If not, we risk losing it entirely, regardless of what common sense or science might say.

Comment

Intestinal aromatic amino acids alleviate the antimicrobial effect of glyphosate. Something the "studies" fail to mention.

Whuut? The world's not honest?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                  If any of you so-called experts think all products coming back from places like China or India are safe HAHAHAHAH

I have ocean front property in Arizona for you to purchase.

Its a total crock of shit.
                  Hmmmm a closer look at Chinese made products ...... 🤔.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                    Intestinal aromatic amino acids alleviate the antimicrobial effect of glyphosate. Something the "studies" fail to mention.

Whuut? The world's not honest?
                    At what level can't the bio available amino acids keep up? Its a cumulative effect. The study your referencing indicates clearly that glyphosate inhibits aromstic amino acid synthesis, that's how it works. Thanks for your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Utter bullshit is what it is imo.
                      You should see what they spray on your fruit. Oh , but you can wash it off ......
                      My fruit? I'm a grain farmer

Comment

Food imported from China - no thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                          My opinion, besides stated,is that glyphosate is a valuable pesticide. I use it in minute quantities, and flollow the label. My mom and paternal grandmother died from cancer before we ever used glyphosate. My Dad just passed at the age of 90 ultimately from heart failure. In the last decades he used to ride his quad around the fields we were spraying with glyphosate.

I am very suspicious of any disparaging comments re glyphosate. I trust Health Canada, but distrust any UN agency.

Glyphosate is far and away the most valuable tool we have in our arsenal. IMO.
                          Sorry to hear about your father. He likely had a healthy microbiome from years of eating food that wasnt sprayed preharvest. Some people aren't so lucky, many won't experience food without "safe" levels of glysophate residue. Thanks for your comment!

Comment

None of the claims against glyphosate are scientifically proven.
                            Buy 2 sprayers and fil em up with double rate glyphosate all season long baaaaaby.

Comment

Who wants to live forever anyway. "A long life is not a blessing." Super old guy told me that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...