• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Fertilizer industry just go F#$K OFF.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Fertilizer industry just go F#$K OFF.

Well, the fall price for Anhydrous was decent and those who got the product down and added stabilizers have a reason to smile.

But what the hell happened since the shitty harvest in the USA and Canada and Australia and other places around the world to increase the price by over 25% in one month.

Seems a 10% maybe or 1 to 5 % maybe but what the F#$King Hell warrants a 25% plus increase.

Oh, it's like Fuel because they can.

It's a big F#$King joke.

Let's screw the Farmer until there is nothing left to give.

This reminds me of the Early 80s where the price has to go up and just because Grain dropped by over a couple bucks a bushel and actually not one crop produced a positive balance sheet.

It has to MR Farmer so suck it up.

But maybe the Cracks are starting to form. Don't believe all the Bullshit coming from Suppliers because like they know what the FE#$K is going on.

Urea is down $28 a Ton in last week.

Is it reality setting in that the American farmer is F#$K and can't afford the product. This would happen in Canada for about a month.

Sitting back and waiting worked in other years where the industry thought they were so smart and jacked the price. Come spring it was cheaper.

Well, maybe its time to fight back again.

Because at the new costs I'm out Tons of Cash.

So are all other farmers.

Then throw in Idiot Trudeau's Carbon Tax and the Idiot Seed Tax and really what is left for real farmers.

N O T H I N G!!!!!

High yields give you nothing but more lower prices.

This is insane but hey let's keep feeding the world because they respect us and want our food. No, They don't care just keep producing you FOOL.

Well farmers aren't desperate enough yet. We are in the more more more mode. Higher yields, more costs, more iron while other industries work on rationing supply.

We are our own worst enemy. If we idled 1/3 of acres you would cut your costs, your stress and raise prices a couple bucks a bu easy. The patch just learned that lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Well farmers aren't desperate enough yet. We are in the more more more mode. Higher yields, more costs, more iron while other industries work on rationing supply.

We are our own worst enemy. If we idled 1/3 of acres you would cut your costs, your stress and raise prices a couple bucks a bu easy. The patch just learned that lesson.
      Yes cut inputs,let the greedy trip and fall on their noses.
      Last edited by biglentil; Dec 12, 2018, 07:30.

Comment

Looking at that as an option. Yes, we had big yields this year but what if next year we become the SW and yields drop to subpar. Nice big fat amount to spend and mother nature still deals the cards.

Idle land you always have idiots who think ill seed fence to fence and get ahead and screw the rest that does the program.

The 90s proved that.

The sad part is the world needs to starve.

Comment

What are you guys talking about...we have to grow food grain for the starving world....bitching about it....

Just pay the entry costs and the royalties and shut the **** up....

disclaimer: sarcasm.

You guys should have been at the saskatoon meeting ....young guys getting up and questioning wtf ...thats a good sign.....guys my age missed the fact we should have paid more attention to the big picture rather than trying to eke out a living and update worn out equipment...

Young guys with good equipment and wondering why they are not making much for their hard work plus additional taxes.....those are the young guys that will end the nonsense....

Comment

A proper fertility package is going to run in the $750 a ton now. That's up a couple hundred bucks from this year and last. I guess I will take 13c lentils than feed that beast.

Don't know what chem is doing but it usually doesn't see those kids of increases. And canola seed is still $70/ac. Can still remember when this stuff sold for $20/ac.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned anyone who is using stabilizers can probably afford the fertilizer as well.

Anyone can step off the treadmill any time they want, right hobbyfrmr?!?!?!?

And farmers always like to try and make up for poor grain prices and high input costs with high volume yields, right bucket?!?!?!?

Comment

For fall fert a stabilizer and ammonia are good. Yes, it has a cost but works.

The spring shit I'm not sold on yet.

What pisses me off is giving those rotten pricks an extra 100 to 120 thousand dollars for what F#$Kall.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  And farmers always like to try and make up for poor grain prices and high input costs with high volume yields, right bucket?!?!?!?
                  Some guys will always believe that but many this year are questioning the paradigm for the first time.

As for the young guys not so sure about them. Lots are cocky, backed by old dumb money and are chasing the outstanding farmer awards and have no clue.

Comment

That outstanding farmer award they are chasing, they should just phone Richie Bros and get it over with without even applying.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      Some guys will always believe that but many this year are questioning the paradigm for the first time.

As for the young guys not so sure about them. Lots are cocky, backed by old dumb money and are chasing the outstanding farmer awards and have no clue.
                      Those are highly competitive high testosterone young farmers, and I find their attitudes are directly related to the group they hang out with....competitive as hell or reserved.

There comes a time in your life you get real averse to risking what's "yours", especially after years of doing it. Or after years of risking credit and then finally you're playing with your own cash....suddenly you begin to question things....LOL, LMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        As far as I'm concerned anyone who is using stabilizers can probably afford the fertilizer as well.

Anyone can step off the treadmill any time they want, right hobbyfrmr?!?!?!?

There were some astute young guys at that seed meeting....all hope is not lost on the younger guys yet....

When they start a question about higher yields requiring higher inputs.....they know that it can't be made up on volume....

""""We lose money on every transaction but make it up on volume...."""" the change bank.

****ing laugh everything I think of it.....

Comment

Yes, I agree with both of you.

When you're using your own cash it just pisses you off that they take and take and take.

You sell out and some other loser that takes till they are sick and tired of the game.

The young understand at least most that it is an insane business. Some with Dads backing still need a quick kick in the nuts to set a reality.

Comment

Well it's the most honorable profession in the world....... they are using the recent pop in nat gas to justify it, and I'm guessing they figured out we are like every other sector of society that loaded up on cheap debt while rates were low, so we are slaves to the system until the model changes, then they'll keep charging it till they can't. Fert is a racket plain and simple and the industry is protected by regulation that prevents just anyone producing it. Klause posted some start up companies looking to make ammonia in a school locker out of air basically, but I doubt those guys will get anywhere. Nothing changes till people go hungry

Comment

I will be buying fert in the next 5 days going to low ball everyone of them till someone bites. They are telling me how slow things are, so let’s see which one takes the bait. I will be deciding the price, not them. I priced out 6 different places, and they all have the same excuses.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...