• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elevators

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevators

Who deals with there local elevators? And who hauls everything right past them? My local elevator is a 50 car spot, they are on CN mainline and get regular service. I deal there because of great service and lots of blending done for me. And grain moves on time. I give them 100% of my buisness and I’am sure its why I get lots of deals.

I deal with the closest point....very good people....

Use to be Viterra Eyebrow but they closed the elevator ....haven't graced any Viterra facility since...

Comment

I have a Cargill 7 miles away that I used to deal with but they always had a higher moisture test than any other point. Usually 1-1.5% higher and then the staff would always try to make you feel that they are doing you a favour by taking your grain. Always grumbling so I left. Then I would haul past them 25 miles to a Louis-Dreyfus and they were good for a lot of years except they never wanted any junk like wheat screenings or something with mixed grain so you would have to phone one of the other guys to get rid of that stuff. Then a few years back a P&H opened up and they came to the yard and made some good deals to get you hauling there and since then they have for the most part have been good to haul to so still driving past the close Cargill.

Comment

We consider ourselves lucky, we have quite afew options within reasonable distance but none on our doorstep. I consider them all as an option. Some are easier to deal with than others but I suppose the same could be said about me. I hate being a doormat and consider myself as a bit of a spiked belt... I am approachable, but use caution and don't walk on me!

Comment

I go with whoever has the best net to me price. I dunno how you could pick one place. For me that would be suicidal.

Comment

25 miles to the newest Viterra, and the old NET now Pioneer. Neither are perfect, we get along but always need to compare $$ , protein in wheat and tookage. Both have premiums nearby or immediate delivery to fill trains. Both are on text so just read daily, easy to sign up online or email. Now with two giant facilities wait times trucking are minimal!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.