• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday Morning Coffee Row

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Morning Coffee Row

If it wasn’t for weather what else would we talk about on coffee row? Well, now a days there’s lots on the agenda. Just reading Drew’s prognosticator, sounds like the snow we have will all there will be for December. Seems like El Nino is in full effect. Above temps for couple wks with couple days cooler.
    Jan looks average for temps and snow. Snow doesn’t make a a crop, but helps if it’s heavy and wet. We need run - off like most.
    In other news stopped by the local retailers yesterday they are saying things are beyond slow, REALLY?? Not selling much fert, well maybe it’s time to think of dropping the prices creating more volume, and sell more. We all know that won’t happen. I did book all my innoculant, guess I paid their wages for the week.

Dealerships are slow.....they are saving on their coffee bill for sure....their best investment is free coffee...

Well ...until customers realize they can make a few cups at home for considerably less....

Comment

Coffee shop here speculating who bought the building pattison leases. Was up for sale, heard it sold. Everything from Tingleys to local busineses, no rumour that pattison bought or is building new. Doubt the truth comes out anytime soon.

My take away from that is I guess Deeres don’t break down, they no longer need a shop.

Comment

Had a real good laugh made them an offer on the
        Innoculant, funny that number was their cost. Don’t know about everyone, I always seem to hit their “cost” number. Funny thing they took my offer. Basically they only make $7 bag. 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
          If it wasn’t for weather what else would we talk about on coffee row? Well, now a days there’s lots on the agenda. Just reading Drew’s prognosticator, sounds like the snow we have will all there will be for December. Seems like El Nino is in full effect. Above temps for couple wks with couple days cooler.
          Jan looks average for temps and snow. Snow doesn’t make a a crop, but helps if it’s heavy and wet. We need run - off like most.
          In other news stopped by the local retailers yesterday they are saying things are beyond slow, REALLY?? Not selling much fert, well maybe it’s time to think of dropping the prices creating more volume, and sell more. We all know that won’t happen. I did book all my innoculant, guess I paid their wages for the week.
          For what it's worth the pig spleen prediction was for little snow until March then we are supposed to get walloped. January and February bitterly cold.

Comment

Coffee shop culture. Stayed overnight in plentywood montana last year on my way north got up early drove around town looking for chow headed to diner/coffee shop with a dozen or so pick ups outside.

Wandered in 6.30 am group of about 6 farmers at one table asked if i could join them.

Had a good chat. Mostly in the 50s/60s and said they had been meeting same place for for coffee and breakfast for last 20 yrs only extreme weather or heavworkload prevents it from happening at least 4 times a week.

We just dont have this social aspect in australia i kinda liked it. They laughed and just said well its same as going to local bar just 14 hours earlier and you can drive home.

Guess we have tryanny of distance in australia and its not ingrained in our culture

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...