• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewables Chuck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    Like I posted earlier if this was such a great thing that all of you are promoting wouldn't it get the public excited and want to race down to the hardware store and purchase or get an electrician in and install them on every single shed grain bin home dog house etc.

But again without subsidies its a dud. Let that soak in.

Next trip south ill take a picture of the field covered in them. Or just drive to Alberta and look in Brooks god its ugly.

Why not use what we have Gas and Coal etc until it's done by that time the solar might be perfected and will be pennies to buy.

Canada isn't the problem its Countries like China and India that produce this shit for sale in Canada.
    Lots of solar installations being installed across the province. You do need to have some spare cash.

Even without subsidies it is about 8 cents per kwh vs 11.8 cents for farms currently. in 10 years the farm rate will be 15 cents or more??. What rate will you be paying in 20 or 30 years? A lot more than now!

The solar rate is 8 cents per kwh locked in over its estimated lifetime of 30 years. It makes economic sense now.

Renewables help bring down the cost of electricity in Australia because it is cheaper than much of their gas system.

"It found that even though South Australians were paying the highest average bills in the world, wind and solar generation in South Australia actually brought wholesale prices down — and by far more than the subsidies paid for them.

It found that in the 2017–18 financial year, renewables reduced wholesale prices by an average of about 30 per cent, or about $37 per megawatt hour, mostly due to wind generation."

They also deregulated their system years ago. Now they are paying for a lack of regulation with private companies charging whatever they want.

You can't blame the producers of consumer items in China for the consumption patterns of consumers in other countries! If there was no market they wouldn't be able to sell all the crap.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Dec 7, 2018, 08:56.

Comment

oops
      Click image for larger version

Name:	bye birds.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	766930

Comment

There is no place in Canada where solar is economically viable. Some select locations on the prairies, rockies and east coast can do wind. No place else and a long way from where its needed.

Unless a huge jump in efficiency occurs this will be nothing but a novelty in this country. And we don't need gas and coal for baseload, we need it for full back up on these technologies like the past week when there was no sun or wind and everything covered in hoar frost.

Developing a new source of power while having an old one that is more reliable for backup is pure folly.

Canada already has 100 million acres of solar panels combined with an annual carbon sequestration. The is NOTHING for us to do. We are sequestering 30% more carbon than we emit every year while converting sunlight to energy.
        Last edited by jazz; Dec 7, 2018, 09:54.

Comment

Mallee, need a little help here. According to my brother in law who lives in Canberra the exporting of LNG has set a high floor price for natural gas making natural gas quite expensive in Australia. A quick Google and it looks to me around $7.50 a gigajoule is that right? This price is roughly 4.5 times what I pay in Alberta before carbon tax. The carbon tax adds an additional $1.50 per gigajoule. But I digress, Chuck I would say that this high price of natural gas inflates the cost of natural gas power production. One other thing to look at is to compare the photovoltaic power potential map of Australia and Canada. This rates your yearly average power production per installed watt. In Australia this ranges from 1.3 to 1.9, with well over half the country at 1.8-1.9. In Canada we range from .8 to 1.5 with most of Canada in the 1.1 to 1.3 range. Southern Alberta and the southwest corner of Saskatchewan are the best places in Canada for solar power. Maps Available at solargis.com. My point is certainly cheaper and more efficient for solar power in Australia than in Canada.

Comment

Don't give me the bullshit that you are putting in solar panels to save yourself the high energy cost of the public utility grids.

Some alarmists will admit that they need our grids for the foreseeable future, and have no intention of disconnecting from it. Okay, my records indicate that it cost me slightly less than $1.00/day for natural gas use. It costs $1.50/day for the fixed cost of having that service. My thought is that if you are afraid to disconnect because you can not rely on your redundant system, you had better add 60% more to your duel system.

Now, recalculate your 8 cent into reality.

Further, those fixed costs will rise as more seek redundancy. It will not the energy use costs in the future. The only way to get energy costs to rise in the future is the carbon taxation scheme, and is central to why you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              I will say Chuck and Grass the Solar panel on my Live feed wireless
              Cameras in Florida works excellent. It has only rained twice since I left otherwise sunny out.
              Maybe you should have researched it better?

“We ought to call ourselves the Partly Cloudy State instead of the Sunshine State,” Miami-based meteorologist Jim Lushine said. Florida has more days where between 20 to 70 percent of the sun is blocked by clouds than anywhere else in the continental United States, weather officials said. Weather experts said warm water surrounding the state, high humidity and a long rainy season make for cloudy skies."

Comment

Chuck I think I remember you said on here one time that you were in the process of setting up a solar system. Have you made any progress with it and if you don't mind why not just snap a pic and post it on here so we can see what your up to?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                  Chuck I think I remember you said on here one time that you were in the process of setting up a solar system. Have you made any progress with it and if you don't mind why not just snap a pic and post it on here so we can see what your up to?
                  do as I say not as I do , is the way of the leftie alarmist doomsday seekers
                  there will be no pics , some on here have solar panels , have you ever heard a question asked of them ?
                  you would think if one was really buying a system , one would be asking questions ?
                  have you ever heard a farm related or marketing or machinery question asked , by these paid posters ?

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                    Don't give me the bullshit that you are putting in solar panels to save yourself the high energy cost of the public utility grids.

Some alarmists will admit that they need our grids for the foreseeable future, and have no intention of disconnecting from it. Okay, my records indicate that it cost me slightly less than $1.00/day for natural gas use. It costs $1.50/day for the fixed cost of having that service. My thought is that if you are afraid to disconnect because you can not rely on your redundant system, you had better add 60% more to your duel system.

Now, recalculate your 8 cent into reality.

Further, those fixed costs will rise as more seek redundancy. It will not the energy use costs in the future. The only way to get energy costs to rise in the future is the carbon taxation scheme, and is central to why you need it.
                    oh shit , damn details always get in the way of the agenda , lol
                    maybe sask energy and power won't charge these solar/wind people , yeah right
                    maybe they will unhook completely , (not a chance in hell)
                    I'm sure Suzuki/gore and all the rest of these alarmists are completely unplugged ,lol
                    maybe Suzuki has unplugged some of his five houses ?
                    hard to believe people are still buying into this scam ?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3259.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	766931
                      Not hooked up yet. Saskpower might be awhile!

Comment

Wow looks good Chuck. Yes if you are waiting on saskpower that might take awhile. Its kind of hard to see the size and scale with such a close up. If you have a chance would you mind backing up a little and posting another shot of it? I would be interested in hearing how much energy it can produce?

Comment

Wow looks good Chuck. Yes if you are waiting on saskpower that might take awhile. Its kind of hard to see the size and scale with such a close up. If you have a chance would you mind backing up a little and posting another shot of it? I would be interested in hearing how much energy it can produce?
                          Looks like it could be any stock photo off the internet. He was careful not to include any identifiers.

Comment

You guys need to be more trusting. AF5 asked a while back for chuck chuck to post a picture to prove he was a farmer and to crop it so as to maintain his anonymity. He does that with a solar picture and you all criticize him for it - maybe you should all post pictures of your house and yard? or stop hounding one poster with views different to your own.

Comment

Nice looking set up Charlie.

30 or 40 panels?

A friend has a 40 panel suppose to make 10 kva?

He has a base load to match.

Says he "saves" $700 a month but not sure if that is year round.

Cost him about 40K. Maybe 20K now with better panels with built in inverter on the panel?

Give us the details.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                                You guys need to be more trusting. AF5 asked a while back for chuck chuck to post a picture to prove he was a farmer and to crop it so as to maintain his anonymity. He does that with a solar picture and you all criticize him for it - maybe you should all post pictures of your house and yard? or stop hounding one poster with views different to your own.
                                I am not sure what you are talking about grass? I am not sure why everything is secret? I won’t say anything on here i won’t say to someone’s face and I put pics of my house on here and even inside my house and I don’t care if you know who I am. Who cares?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.