Pesticides

Crop Production & Forage

Tools

Pesticides

Austranada's Avatar Dec 3, 2018 | 16:47 1 If pesticide labels (legally binding document) were unconditionally adhered to, what percentage of the current acres and crops would actually get sprayed ? Ingnorantia juris non excusat. Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2019 | 01:45 2
Quote Originally Posted by Austranada View Post
If pesticide labels (legally binding document) were unconditionally adhered to, what percentage of the current acres and crops would actually get sprayed ? Ingnorantia juris non excusat.
I am guessing 95% plus. I know I spray on label 100% of the time.

I know it used to be common practice to cut rates by 1/3, but I think those days have passed. I know I always try to go in the higher end if possible bro ensure a good kill, much cheaper than misses and having to spray multiple times. Reply With Quote
Austranada's Avatar Jan 6, 2019 | 06:29 3
Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
I am guessing 95% plus. I know I spray on label 100% of the time.

I know it used to be common practice to cut rates by 1/3, but I think those days have passed. I know I always try to go in the higher end if possible bro ensure a good kill, much cheaper than misses and having to spray multiple times.
Thank you Reply With Quote
Jan 6, 2019 | 14:06 4
Quote Originally Posted by Austranada View Post
Thank you
I should probably add that there is off label stuff being sprayed, not because its not safe, or even proven safe, but because it's much too expensive to get it registered for niche crops. Or when a chemical is registered for a crop in on country but not in another due to regulation. Another win for environmental regulation.

It's not always the fault of regulation though, sometimes its the chemical companies not wanting to offer cheaper alternatives etc... in certain markets. But I can't think of anything off the top of my head at the moment.

So though there is some off label uses, I would hazard a guess thats its minor, though maybe not inconsequential. The most important and the part of the label that I hope is adhered to most stringently is days to harvest, ans water body buffers. There are also the cowboys out there who could give two fucks and don't care about repercussions, but I hope these guys are in the minority. Reply With Quote