• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest rip off Canadian history fuel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest rip off Canadian history fuel

With domestic fuel prices as they are and the price of what the market says our crude is worth. What a crock of crap. It is the biggest hinderance to any other industry setting up in Canada. Is multiple times more than the carbon tax some are so worried about. And no I don't favour the carbon tax it's beyond stupid also but this is a rip off. It's e biggest thing killing our economy and our future.
    Many people can't make ends meet food banks are busy all in large part because everything is based on fuel to transport and make goods here and it's retarted. Our domestic policy should have been to
    Provide the worlds cheapest fuel prices which would attract and enhance any business existing or new to locate and expand here. Which would more than compensate for the loss to the oil
    Companies gouging all of us. Instead with a limited supply we're giving it away so that other countries can be making the big money off if it and supply cheaper fuels to their economies?

Maybe farming101 could put together a chart on oil prices versus gas/diesel prices over the last 15 years....

Seems to me the gas price is higher than when oil was 130 a barrel...

Quick research says oil coming into the heavy oil taxpayer paid for refineries in Lloydminster or Regina is sub 20 a barrel right now...

Federated and the local co-ops better have a monster return on fuel this year ....like in the order of 15 percent or better....or they are simply ripping us off...and there should be an investigation....

Comment

Yesterday I was quoted 103.4 bulk for both gas and diesel.

Bucket, but look at all those new gas stations Co-op has built in the last while. Gotta pay for them somehow.

I bet Joe Public doesn't even realize the huge disconnect between the crude price and what they're paying at the pumps....ignorance is bliss, that might be harsh. Unaware is unfortunate.

Comment

Western Canada Select..... $14.39. I wonder when the welfare checks start bouncing? I'm guessing slightly before a politician doesn't get paid.

Comment

I would say, with a Trudeau in charge, things are going exactly as planned. Make the Westerners suffer with low oil prices and zero investment prospects and make sure the environment destroying gasoline addicts in the country pay for their sins. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
            I would say, with a Trudeau in charge, things are going exactly as planned. Make the Westerners suffer with low oil prices and zero investment prospects and make sure the environment destroying gasoline addicts in the country pay for their sins. Carry on.
            There's another side effect, green energy can't compete. Imo big oil is going for greens throat. The hedge desk at oil will be busy. Green is likely on govts door step. This'll go on 9 months or better im guessing.

Comment

We have family that live up by Nippawin and they tell us that the price at the coop pumps is .99 c/L ! Any truth to this?
              Down here at Maple Creek it is $1.18/L ! Welcome to Canada , where you pay dealy to live here and everywhere else gets the deal.

Comment

Not so very long ago most on this site was saying we need to get the oil patch going and pay those $40/hr wages,$1500/days to klause because they are all worth every penny, just where do you suppose the money comes from.

Comment

The Alberta government is in on the collusion as they are in the refining business with the northwest upgrader and refining project. They need high pump prices to make this work as do the Chinese puppet masters that were in on much of these projects. Another place where we subsidize the oil and gas industry in those distribution charges on the gas bill for home heat. A large part of gathering and storage of the upstream NG industry is paid for on this part of the bill. This is why folks in Wisconsin pay less to heat their home than I do in rural AB east of Edmonton.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                    We have family that live up by Nippawin and they tell us that the price at the coop pumps is .99 c/L ! Any truth to this?
                    Down here at Maple Creek it is $1.18/L ! Welcome to Canada , where you pay dealy to live here and everywhere else gets the deal.
                    they're bullshittin you, $1.19 , always 2-3 cents more than tisdale

Comment

Back in the days when oil was between 100 and 150 a barrel ; Sask fuel was about the same number of cents per liter.

The Coop refinery was supposed designed for Alberta heavy oil so their feed stocks should be ridiculously cheap.

Ergo...what is keeping our prices at well over a buck a liter when crude oil is now in the mid $50/ barrel (less some drastic discounts that are being widely quoted)?

The price is what it is for the sole reason that it can be anything that the refining industry dictates. Now thats not to say tat the producers have the same control; but just look at how cruel they are to those they can dictate to. My sympathy to no one at this stage.

Comment

Would independent refineries have a lot of their supplies contracted well in advance? How much of their supply would be purchased on the spot market? Integrated refineries would be able to buy at the spot prices. But maybe the production side would want more than spot?

Comment

I am in Toronto airport as I write this. Filled up the rental car in Oakville for 1.07

Comment

Originally posted by Saskpraireboy View Post
                            I am in Toronto airport as I write this. Filled up the rental car in Oakville for 1.07
                            makes sense , right in the heart of the Canadian oilpatch , lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...