• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remembrance Day Image

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembrance Day Image

This some what grates on me. What is different about this Remembrance Day image than those of the past?

What about the multitude of other ethnic service men and women who get no further recognition other than being recognized with everyone else.

Thank you.....EQUALLY, to all the people who served their countries! Does one group need more recognition than the others?

Most everyone is waiting for them to join the rest of us. You can keep your heritage but we should all share a common denominator...citizens of Canada first.

Edit in, ****...its upside down.

Found one online. The first was a picture of the TV screen.

Comment

Animal Farm by George Orwell. “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

I just heard about the National Indian Finals Rodeo. I just checked the rules, and sure enough, you must have a status card to join. I personally could care less who they want to restrict membership to, but I know if I wanted to start an all western European Rodeo, and excluded anyone else, that I would find myself answering to a human rights tribunal in a hurry. Perhaps not all equal.

Comment

Not sure of what your point is, but I resent other groups such as firemen, police, trying to sneak in on what should stay armistice day for those in the military.

Comment

Horse, I'm not making any reference to Police, Firemen, etc. It is the inclusion of a ****en "dreamcatcher" of all things when for many the experience was probably more akin to night terrors or the cause of them.

....maybe I just don't understand the significance of a dream catcher....

From the "net";

"Purpose & Meaning of the Dream Catcher. Sometimes referred to as "Sacred Hoops," Ojibwe dreamcatchers were traditionally used as talismans to protect sleeping people, usually children, from bad dreams and nightmares. Native Americans believe that the night air is filled with dreams, both good and bad."

So, is it appropriate?
          Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 10, 2018, 07:15.

Comment

.....how about a rainbow pride flag as well, I'm sure they were represented too.

Where does the focus belong?
            Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 9, 2018, 23:02.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Thank you.....EQUALLY, to all the people who served their countries! Does one group need more recognition than the others?
              That's probably what the minority/ethnic groups ask too when 99% of the images normally associated with the occasion depict white caucasian individuals.

Comment

We are in the era of self segregation, and imposed segregation is what crippled them in the first place. So instead of celebrating inclusivity we are digressing back to that, although this time the results might different.

Grassy, I assume every soldier was issued the same gear. No one was serving in head-dresses and slinging bows and arrows. If you were a soldlier the images of past Remembrance Days portrays each of them iconically to a tee....not just Caucasian males!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  .....how about a rainbow pride flag as well, I'm sure they were represented too.

Where does the focus belong?
                  That was my point the focus belongs on the military, no matter thier ethnicity ,a soldier is a soldier is a soldier. Quit trying to ride on someone else coattails, Get your own day if you think you deserve one but leave temperance day to those who earned it .

Comment

Farma, would you have objected if the image depicted a kilted Scottish or Scottish-Canadian veteran or a turbaned Sikh veteran? They served too.

Comment

No group over any other. That's the point I was trying to make.

I would like to think it was a united effort.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                        Farma, would you have objected if the image depicted a kilted Scottish or Scottish-Canadian veteran or a turbaned Sikh veteran? They served too.
                        A kilted scotchman is fine. In scotland. Whatever uniform they wore when they fought. Not the bullshit political ****ary that is now being introduced.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...