• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns Guns Guns Repeat Repeat Repeat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass murders are so common in the USA now that some patrons in the bar shooting last night in LA were in attendance at the shooting in Las Vegas of October 2017.

Trump tweets Prayers and Thoughts, end of story.

#POTUS=NRA

Comment

Lots of people killed, many different motives and many methods. But many in the USA legally carry and do no harm. Statistically few murdered by legally owned handguns. If one of my family was murdered by someone with an illegal gun, I would have hoped there had been someone there with a gun that would have stopped it.
      The world today is more complex than ever but disarming good people won’t help, and you can believe “I’m here from the government and I’m going to help you” if you want.

Comment

Forgot to mention the very real fact the 3D print plans for multiple models, including the AR 15, are available online. Good luck banning the metal ones. At least they can be found with metal detectors.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          You must not of heard about the car bomb in Edmonton.
          I searched CBC news and don't see anything about a car bomb???

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
            I searched CBC news and don't see anything about a car bomb???
            https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/4641029/sherwood-park-alberta-car-explosives-man-injured/amp/

Comment

Tannerite ban coming I'm sure.

Comment

Sounds like a failed detonation of what was planed to be a much larger explosion.

Comment

Never paid any attention to this as the headline appeared to me to be some sort of utilities malfunction resulting in a fire.

Compare this with reporting from Thousand Oaks.

They have the perp's name and bio. The weapon, interviews with neighbor, etc, etc.

Comment

Why so much hate? Too many people dying because of the deranged. I assume sometimes there are specific targets but too many end up as collateral damage in the process.

ONCE AGAIN....let's address the causes....not the symptoms.

-PTSD Ex Marine or anyone who has seen disturbing active military service.
                    -Cyber and live bullied assailants?
                    -Socially inept personal interaction?(self isolation)
                    -A totally dumbed down society through VIOLENT movies, TV and hours of endless video gaming.
                    -Lack of morals and value of life?
                    -Mental illness...unrelated to anything preceding this point

If you're mad at the world.....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Why so much hate? Too many people dying because of the deranged. I assume sometimes there are specific targets but too many end up as collateral damage in the process.

-A totally dumbed down society through VIOLENT movies, TV and hours of endless video gaming.

I agree , go back a hundred years basically no gun laws and unlocked in nearly every house but now they have became a problem?
                      Every generation slips a little further and more single parents without time to go to church.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                        I agree , go back a hundred years basically no gun laws and unlocked in nearly every house but now they have became a problem?
                        Every generation slips a little further and more single parents without time to go to church.
                        The problem quantified and the problem somewhat qualified.

Welcome to the brave new world of value-free postmodernism.

Hey, maybe Jordan Peterson has a point... If times allows, one could do worse than sit and watch a few of his videos or read his book.

Comment

It is pretty clear that the easier it is for individuals to gain legal or illegal access to guns the more likely it is that individuals with violent intent will get them and use them.

In the case of many mass shooters there are often underlying mental problems.

Mass killers may choose other options than guns, but most other options are much less lethal to large numbers or harder to use which makes them less effective and less likely to be used.

The USA has a violent gun culture. People with mental problems have easy access to legal guns. Arming everyone will not solve the problem. Most americans support tighter gun control, but the NRA and their supporters effectively use political pressure on politicians to make sure it doesn't happen.

Selling weapons is big business and the NRA fights every little attempt to reduce sales of guns.

Comment

Agree Chuck. But not a Canadian problem. We have enough laws here for the legal owners.

Comment

If hand guns continue to be a problem then a ban on handguns might be beneficial. Sure illegal hand guns would still exist, but it is easier to crack down on illegal guns when there are hardly any legal ones and then we can crack down on illegal imports

Legal hand guns can be stolen, lost, and sometimes used by legal owners who suddenly commit a crime or commit suicide. I just don't believe that hand guns have much use for 99% of Canadians.

There are lots of examples of domestic disputes turning deadly when guns are involved. Domestic violence is the greatest risk to most families. Many of those committing domestic violence have no previous criminal record. So the suggestion that only known criminals use guns is wrong.

Comment

Chuck, have you got any statistics on violence by legal owners of guns, long guns vs handguns. And also re domestic violence with handguns vs other methods.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...