• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0832.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	778219

As we just flew back in late last night and yes I said the crop reports were over and I'm working on something for the end of the week here is one last update.

Weather is so much fun this year as the large high pressure breaks down the cold is allowed in over the top to our area or snow comes or rain.

Then it builds back and we get warmer temps. Hell next week what Calgary plus 10 I heard. Snow is gone.

On our farm snow really arrived on Monday and we started playing Tetris and putting stuff away.

Not sure what will happen with combines either new Red ones or Green right now just trying to figure it out.

The Quad track from Case was really nice so maybe Red.

All in our area are still picking bales or finishing up the last of fall work. Either Harrow, Protill, Kelly or Deep tillage or Disc. Its kind of nice to actually be able to get some stuff done for a change. One or two more days and we would have had all quarters cleaned up. Did get to 80% of them so not bad.

Malt is moving so fast in our area it's not even funny. But since Alberta has no Malt they call up the Backup that usually has awesome quality but the further West gets picked first and were rejected for whatever bullshit they can dream up.

Very little crop out all way to Red Deer but lots of fields looked like they were just harvested.

Name:	8tdNlh4qQyuq2md+8U737A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	778220

Name:	gGDJYuozQKquM1rZO9x2CQ.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	778221

Great time in Alberta even if it was short. Love the Bill Board north of Calgary with Nut Case and Trudeau along the highway. I think she's done.

I am hearing from some in the USA that the Corn has problems with the wet fall and Disease could be interesting.

So be safe and remember the ones at home are way more important than any crop.

Oh, what's up with all the guys selling pans to look at your losses under the combine. If it was dry as a fart you have small canola seeds and guess what nothing you do will keep that shit in. If you have a bunch of combines one of the machines or drivers is throwing over a lot of shit and you don't even know.

But good sales tool cheap cookie sheets and good money for companies.

Have a great week.

Name:	lwur0W6kQryW0tPZcYGHyQ.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	778222

Name:	45555176_485426618636309_7204233212933963776_o.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	766879

You would really have to be Mentally ill to believe the Carbon tax will do anything but add way more expensive to our daily lives and for all who pay it will be dealt out to guys who don't. Its wealth transfer and election strategy at its worst.

Trudeau and the Liberals have to Go.

Comment

Good luck to you if you buy the reds, keep them under warranty and make sure you get alot of independant reviews of the service dept you may be dealing with. Because based om my experiences with the current bunch theyve got in this.RME here there is no way I'd go there again until they clean out a few bodies who need to be gone . Maybe it's all of them anymore with so many of the problems electrical rather than mechanical on these machines know that lately it's just about always sensors or def related.
      Was agri trade busy? Was invited to go yesterday to an event up there but had sold steers for delivery this week so dealing with that instead. And as far as the alberta having no malt we are 100 percent accepted again this year so there's some here. But quality and quantity did take a beating for sure,
      Have a neighbor that switched one green for a red and kept one green for a couple years but now went back full green said too many issues and too much down time with the reds.

Comment

full on winter here , 8" snow , minus 19 tonight
        suzuki's global warming not working out worth a shit here

Comment

It's just weather...and CC says we are unable to adapt anyway?

Comment

I get a call this morning to haul barley so I look at the thermometer and it says -20! Figures

Kind of nice when Nov. contracts get called in Nov.

Comment

thanks for the info on the Reds they are trying.

The show was busy but not like the hay days of Ag a few years back.

Lots of licking wounds I think.

It was a great trip to Red Deer. Now I am on my way south in a few hours. Long drive down but I always enjoy. The Yukon needs to be down South.
              Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Nov 8, 2018, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                thanks for the info on the Reds they are trying.

The show was busy but not like the hay days of Ag a few years back.

Lots of licking wounds I think.

It was a great trip now on way south in few hours. Long drive but always enjoy. Yukon needs to be down South.
                ...but it's a Canadian Territory, now much further south would you move it?

Comment

A cold morning to Leave, -21. God, I hate Winter.

Name:	IMG_8561.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	766880

Comment

Just think...you'll be back before you know it. May as well not even go.

Comment

hopefully, it will warm up like environment Canada says later this month or early December.

Comment

Look bucket, I'm trying to console the "Bear", he can refill his honey pot next crop year...he does farm in the "land of milk and honey"!

Safe travels SF3.

Comment

Bucket, Or is the this the bear you refer to poking?

Comment

Thanks!

Hopefully, we can go three for three next year and the Flood years will be forgotten.

Name:	IMG_8842.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	766881

Comment

At first glance I thought it said "Florida Circus Center".... are you under the big tent this time around.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.