• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sprayer Gaurd anti freeze

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprayer Gaurd anti freeze

anybody use this stuff from new holland ? hy boy sprayer anti freeze from nemco
    usually use rv anti freeze , but everyone was sold out
    blew everything out first but seemed like this shit froze in some of the nozzles
    wasn't that cold out
    put it back in shop

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    anybody use this stuff from new holland ? hy boy sprayer anti freeze from nemco
    usually use rv anti freeze , but everyone was sold out
    blew everything out first but seemed like this shit froze in some of the nozzles
    wasn't that cold out
    put it back in shop
    Air is the best antifreeze. Anything left in lines has room to expand. 1 bad experience and haven't gone back.

Comment

I'm with Macdon02, our current sprayer has air assist clean-out. I made an adaptor for our old one and hooked the shop air hose to it to purge the booms. Then(and now) we take every possible bung out. And the boom end caps, and there are many. Remove main filter cap and line strainer caps too.

Is it too late for glyphosate? 😉 Hobby?

Comment

I have used Hyboy antifreeze for 5 years. No problems so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
          I have used Hyboy antifreeze for 5 years. No problems so far.
          Thanks jay
          You put my mind at ease

Comment

No problem.
            I have the air clean out option as well and still use it before adding the anti-freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
              No problem.
              I have the air clean out option as well and still use it before adding the anti-freeze.
              Do you drain everything after?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                I'm with Macdon02, our current sprayer has air assist clean-out. I made an adaptor for our old one and hooked the shop air hose to it to purge the booms. Then(and now) we take every possible bung out. And the boom end caps, and there are many. Remove main filter cap and line strainer caps too.

Is it too late for glyphosate? 😉 Hobby?
                Oh no, this is the time of year for optimum control. You can really clean up your land spraying this time of year. If you mix in a new adjuvant called Accept, all you need is minimum 4 hours daylight. If you are buying generic glyphosate just go double the rate.
                You don’t want to miss any spray applications, it’s the most important activity on the farm. We have all seen those triangles where you miss with the sprayer. You don’t want to be doing that too many times or you won’t be farming for very long.
                I can’t believe you would even be second guessing that decision. Run that sprayer, if you’re making payments on it, make it work for you.
                Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Nov 4, 2018, 05:23.

Comment

Seems I find the sarcasm funny when I solicit it. Where can I get "Accept", health food stores?

Comment

Since Day one Back in the late 80s with the Gallenberg its always windshield washer and air assist now.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Do you drain everything after?
                      I dump it in the rinse tank, and then from there flush it through the rinse and sparge lines, boom and end nozzles. Then I go around and crack open every ball valve and let whatever runs out for a few seconds and close them.
                      There's going to be that 5-10 psi below your nozzle body check valves in the boom still. That way the lines have some space if that anti-freeze starts to gel and expand on those -40 nights in January.
                      Draining your booms at least to remove that bit of pressure also keeps your tips from dripping in the shed every time it warms up and expands the liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Seems I find the sarcasm funny when I solicit it. Where can I get "Accept", health food stores?
                        I am glad you can understand it’s mostly sarcasm, or a parody of the retail industry and not so much an attack on you or the conventional farming.
                        Next year Bayersanto will have “Accept” surfactant in a new herbicide bundle for free but the seed price will go up by $0.25/pound
                        I am on the outside looking in. I note the conversations and tactics of the retail industry. Nothing has changed in 15 years. It’s a tough decision and the farmer has to decide to do it or don’t and either way he is writing the cheque.

Comment

Not sure if the statements in the photo are correct. At least they are will to put into print their thoughts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	54E55EFA-A344-45F1-8E0E-A0190F5B1DC4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	766867

Not very clear, pic is perfect on iPad
                          Last edited by Rareearth; Nov 4, 2018, 09:43.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8EC37BDD-6BDA-4269-905C-2D53340CE393.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	766868Click image for larger version

Name:	8B69C093-AA0F-4299-BFE2-9E1642660DD8.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	766870Click image for larger version

Name:	30E5066A-5279-4697-9C34-CBEF9D9FA9AC.jpg
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	766869

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.