• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tractor electrical gremlins.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor electrical gremlins.

Have a 2425 buhler, same as a 9884 nh. Intermittently sputters then recovers. Thought a fuelling problem so replaced supply side fuel lines checked for leaks changed pump etc. No codes, sensors and harness on engine passed pull test. Even cut a hole in fuel tank to see if there was a rag in there and converted to a top draw stand pipe. I’ve been messing with this for some time. Now think it may be ignition switch as it feels a bit funny. This electronic stuff is a nightmare if you are going in a rookie. Learning how to use a multimeter and understand electronics anyway.

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Have a 2425 buhler, same as a 9884 nh. Intermittently sputters then recovers. Thought a fuelling problem so replaced supply side fuel lines checked for leaks changed pump etc. No codes, sensors and harness on engine passed pull test. Even cut a hole in fuel tank to see if there was a rag in there and converted to a top draw stand pipe. I’ve been messing with this for some time. Now think it may be ignition switch as it feels a bit funny. This electronic stuff is a nightmare if you are going in a rookie. Learning how to use a multimeter and understand electronics anyway.
    Yup and your best option will be to trade it.....because the gremlins are hard to find ....

3500 bucks for a display dash in a tractor with 3000 hours on it....propriety shit that deere doesn't let anyone fix.... just sell a new one....

Half the ****ing stuff isn't needed... ...

Comment

Trade to what? Everything else will be worse for the amount of electronics. JD 9600 combine constantly randomly shuts off for unknown reasons. Ran wire direct from battery to fuel solenoid and the machine runs just have to pull wire at end of day. Keyswitch replaced so not it. Has to be in the wiring between cab and fuel solenoid but has not been found yet. Hopefully you find it as those are great tractors otherwise.

Comment

Ground wire getting corroded or loose?

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
          Ground wire getting corroded or loose?
          Yes always start at the connections at the battery and the grounds to the frame. Cnh sells a battery terminal cleaner in a can product, works like a damn corrosion melts away instantly. Battery shut off switches also wear out especially those plastic key type it seems.
          Last edited by biglentil; Nov 2, 2018, 15:37.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
            Yes always start at the connections at the battery and the grounds to the frame. Cnh sells a battery terminal cleaner in a can product, works like a damn corrosion melts away instantly. Battery shut off switches also wear out especially those plastic key type it seems.
            The engine wiring harness ground was changed as it broke when removing to clean. Even added a ground from that point to the frame. Next up change ignition switch and check for voltage drop on grounds. I’m learning this stuff as I go. Need to buy an auto ranging multimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              Check the main power cable connection where it goes through back of cab. It is behind the seat on right side. Stand behind right fuel tank and follow red cable up. Nut on there like battery connection. I had trouble with it being loose on my 375

Comment

Originally posted by rodd View Post
                Check the main power cable connection where it goes through back of cab. It is behind the seat on right side. Stand behind right fuel tank and follow red cable up. Nut on there like battery connection. I had trouble with it being loose on my 375
                Mine was loose where it attached to circuit board. Cleaned it up and tightened it down as I could make it stumble wiggling that. Thought that was my problem. I will follow that cable anyway to make sure there’s no worn through spots. I even cleaned battery connections and greased. Working tractor right now and it hasn’t shit the bed yet but odd time you could go 5 hours.

Comment

Maybe Solved?

Put new starter switch on. Ran her a couple days and it didn’t stumble once. Now it’s winter so testing will resume in late April. Crossed fingers that was it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...