• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAIS Participant Declaration

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAIS Participant Declaration

let me quote:
    "3. To verify the accuracy of this information, I will allow AFSC and its representatives access to my farm and to my records, wherever they are."

So they can go anywhere anytime and look at anything with my name on it? Nice, similar to what I read in the Canada-Alberta Farm Water Program:

I quote:
    "I agree to give representatives of Agrifood Canada and Alberta Agriculture access to examine my farming operation. I agree to make available for audit all farm records, books of account, and income tax filings. I authorize the release of any information to the Minister relating to my farming or business operation from/to any gov department agency or corporation"

Both of these programs have possible benefits yet to be seen. I highly dought if anyone would bother to come out to my farm but if they did what would they do if I was not home? Walk around my yard all day? Drive to town and ask any company I deal with if my accounts are up to date? Maybe they will show up the same day as the Monsano guy and they can check bins together!

It's the slippery slope to "welfare agriculture"! In the UK we had to comply with all kind of ridiculous stuff to get the money. Beef producers need to submit individual animal eatag numbers to claim under various support programs. Around 10% of the verification visits undertaken by Government officials are "surprise" visits, that is to say they call from a cell phone to warn you of their arrival while travelling out to your farm. Your plans are irrelevant - if you are combining barley you must stop, go round up your cows and put them through a chute for the officials to read the tags. Imagine the implications on extensive range or community pastures. Not complying with official demands to check eartags or forms results in loss of the "welfare benefit"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...