• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling the top in farmland right here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling the top in farmland right here

Ok enough is enough. Anyone out there think this party can go on forever?

sask farmland doesn’t make sense at these prices. Collectively the small interest rate hikes, carbon tax, trade wars, glyphosate contamination, and input costs are killing farmland prices.

Canada can’t compete on the world stage and it is happening everywhere, not just on the farm.

Buckle up. If JT ever got re-elected forget about trying to thrive and prosper...the bare challenge to survive is going to be real.

Top has been in here in North Central AB for some time already. Good land has been steady but is now falling but poorer types have already dropped. Seller are reluctant so that is making real estate agents having to work. Getting calls on land for sale in area now. Sellers have to lower prices though. Local papers have land for sale on a regular basis. Few years ago never saw that. There are even a few that will have to chase renters next spring.

Comment

What ever are you talking about? Don't you know there is a hungry world out there to feed AND they aren't making any more land!

As Buzz Lightyear would say..."to infinity and beyond"!

But wasn't he somewhat delusional?

Comment

YES!! Let's hope land drops in value to nothing!! Why have any value in your operation.

Comment

It sure ain't goin to nuttin.... But it might be coming down off it's highs...good thing pot is legal, maybe it can take a long hard draw on the bong and maintain it's high.

Unless you're borrowed against land to maximum values or thinking about selling, who cares if there's a minor correction? Not anyone who is in this for the long-haul. Unless you are selling, or are mortgaged on it to the hilt....the "value" is only an arbitrary number....unless of course you're looking to buy some.

Personally...I am not on the wrong side of this even if it loses over three quarters of its "value". If you bought in the last few years I can understand the concern.

I seriously doubt the gallows door will open but if it does I hope you're wearing a long rope!

Comment

It gets sickening on here with the land is going to crash threads. No other business Hope's for a disaster on their biggest asset's. But hey I'll take a new 1 ton diesel for a hundred grand and a new sled for 16,000. What a great deal. Wake the **** up already.

Comment

Unless you're speculating on it. Profitability of using it is ultimately what most people use it for. Appreciation is a bonus. Parabolic appreciation is an anomaly.

My regrets for not buying more a decade ago. I should have. But I didn't and that is definitely not sour g****s(a reason) for thinking there could be a correction.

ANY business would like to expand or buy their competitor at a value lesser than it's highest recent value....why shouln't I if I we don't intend to exit the Industry?

Here's a ****ing thought...maybe someone else in the Industry should take less for a change. Dream on.

Comment

Where the hell is this cheapland it sure ain't anywhere I ve looked.

There's a few places where competing wanna bees had bid retarted land prices backed by Canada's lender and a couple oil companies. And after that the reality brought them down to just stupid prices not the retarted prices.

Land is not going to go down in any fashion people might be hoping. There still exists too much outside money fake farmers, oil companies, the input and Chinese scams for immigration and buy offs of politicians. To lower demand any time soon.

In comparison to prices for equipment and every other cost land is still cheap. It's the price of our product that is the problem. But still too many buyers that could care less leaving the family farmers screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  Where the hell is this cheapland it sure ain't anywhere I ve looked.

There's a few places where competing wanna bees had bid retarted land prices backed by Canada's lender and a couple oil companies. And after that the reality brought them down to just stupid prices not the retarted prices.

Land is not going to go down in any fashion people might be hoping. There still exists too much outside money fake farmers, oil companies, the input and Chinese scams for immigration and buy offs of politicians. To lower demand any time soon.

In comparison to prices for equipment and every other cost land is still cheap. It's the price of our product that is the problem. But still too many buyers that could care less leaving the family farmers screwed.
                  What do oil companies have to do with land prices? Sorry, I am confused by that. And I am in oil country.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                    What do oil companies have to do with land prices? Sorry, I am confused by that. And I am in oil country.
                    Well I m sorry I wouldn't even know where to start if you don't know oil companies have raised land prices directly and indirectly. You mean nobody there likes the royalties?? Sorry but????

do land prices go down where oil, other fuels are found? Or anticipated?????

do you not have farms that really are oil owned? We have several here that have retained the original farm names but the corp structure is oil owned. Some are good farmers some are beyond shitty crop is not the end game future speculation as in long long term is.

Comment

Well I m sorry I wouldn't even know where to start if you don't know oil companies have raised land prices directly and indirectly. You mean nobody there likes the royalties?? Sorry but????

do you not have farms that really are oil owned? We have several here that have retained the original farm names but the corp structure is oil owned. Some are good farmers some are beyond shitty crop is not the end game future speculation as in long long term is.
                      Very few land owners have mineral rights. Surface lease revenue is all you get. Don't know of oil companies that own significant farmland. Most Canadian oil companies are fighting for survival right at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                        Very few land owners have mineral rights. Surface lease revenue is all you get. Don't know of oil companies that own significant farmland. Most Canadian oil companies are fighting for survival right at the moment.
                        which ones are fighting for survival? I wish I was in that kind of trouble. Hahahaha
                        Have you been to the pumps lately? Have you bought a litre of oil to change in your vehicle?
                        Even selling at a discount to world price every company I know is expanding to
                        Raise production. They own our government pay next to nothing for raw material. We supply roads hospitals worker wage enhancements training subsidies. The only ones that go broke have the same calculators as our government. Hahahaha

Comment

I started typing a response, but lost interest and deleted it because I couldn’t be bothered to finish it and educate you. You have no idea what you are talking about. Pretty funny actually.

Comment

Farma, the money is in the land, not the commodity. Any sort of correction in prices would be devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                              I started typing a response, but lost interest and deleted it because I couldn’t be bothered to finish it and educate you. You have no idea what you are talking about. Pretty funny actually.
                              Not surprised you have no response!
                              Ya oil companies moving in sure does drop those land prices. I mean who wants 15,000. A quarter for nothing. Hahahaha
                              Have another puff.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...