• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fx8pZrGEThaiVrZvXmsLzQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	778206

We should get to 90% by tonight. Yesterday we had a great day and most in our area are done the harvesting. Lots finished and texted yesterday was a wonderful day. A Couple of us are still left.

Fall work all others are doing. From Ripping sloughs to profile to harrowing. Great fall to catch up wish I was getting at that stuff but the harvest is going well.

Looks like the weather is going to change again and not in a good way. I need 4 good days and sat is a questionable day.

We had 4 to 5 machines working this week but others now have other stuff to do.

If we finish we have two custom jobs to go to but starting to wonder if mother nature will win again. The finish line is just around the bend but might stumble and fall and not cross it this year.

F#$K I love farming.

The Parasites (Seed, Fert, Chem, Equipment, PRebuy) have been staying away till after we are done and ill thank them tomorrow.

I did do the math and if this is the last crop report of the year the Canola left in the field is worthless since were way over the crop insurance guarantee. Great program.

The above combine is the new next year 8250 Case. it will be at a few farms shows this winter only two built so far. Yea I'm a Deere guy but this thing was interesting to see. Still, haven't made up our mind but I can see one thing for sure Deere dealers are turning to much corporate bullshit and forgetting about the buyer the farmer. They need us but Bureaucracy and rules are way more important.

So still not sure how far we will get this year but the wet snow event for our area really nailed guys north of town. 30 miles north missed and great south 10 missed and great. We got moisture like always and boom right between the eyes. Oh well, I guess we had a good run this year but the extra yield we had will now balance out the same as others with lower yields. Basically might have the equivalent of my fertilizer bill out all winter.

Name:	ffrnappAQ5m59K69mjQWvw.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	778207

But maybe two more days look good so we're going to keep giving it our all.

Name:	43652072_10155471368985566_6274765048418140160_o.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	778209

Now for politics, we have a carbon tax that our idiot leader Trudeau is going to put on all Saskatchewan people because he is a god. THen Porky Pig comes on the news and says Saskatchewan people will get 90% of there own money back. Plus a top up for westerners. Brad wall hit the nail on the head this sounds like a South African Prince or Timeshare presentation.

Ralphy boy then says it won't affect farmers.

You idiot, freight to coast will go up thanks to the cost. Fertilizer will go up, freight on chem and equipment etc. will go up. Drying costs. Etc. God the liberals know how to kill a group that opposes them with kindness. Young Trudeau is worse than his father.

Name:	44520846_10155757480620913_7838450666799366144_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	778208

Farming is one tough life and if some don't agree with me you have it so good you don't even know. Weather is our greatest problem but Gov Stupidity is second.

Have a safe final push with Fall 2018 and remember the ones at home are way more important than any crop that the parasites are just waiting to get a piece of.

Who is that woman seated beside BUTTS? Oh that's a guy!

Samson you say? Seems he better let his hair grow back to regain his strength... Oh well, it still won't make up for his lack of intelligence. You know what they say about hair and brains...

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

Ralphy boy then says it won't affect farmers.

You idiot, freight to coast will go up thanks to the cost. Fertilizer will go up, freight on chem and equipment etc. will go up. Drying costs. Etc........Farming is one tough life and if some don't agree with me you have it so good you don't even know........
      Yesterday it was no problem - the quarter % increase in interest rates on your investments was enough to cover any carbon tax costs. You can't have it both ways - you're either the hard up farmer or you would have to be sitting on huge investment funds given that the 1/4% rise only generates $250 per $100,000. So which is the truth or are you just BS'ing as usual?

Comment

SF3 ....you know very well if you buy a red machine the deere guys are coming out to buy it from you to keep you green....

A hutterite colony switched one year and those red combines didn't see their fields...

Comment

Hey, Grass good to see you liberal loving farmer back.

If your so smart explain how your farm will benefit from a carbon tax.

List all ways and quit just being a parasite.

Yea it might happen bucket.

Oh well, off we go to harvest another day.

Comment

If your so smart explain how your farm will benefit from a carbon tax.
            No, you're the one making the big claims you can explain them first.

Comment

There is something seriously wrong with a pricing structure if a farmer's usual machine brand Company can afford to "buy" a competitor's brand out of their customer's yard and replace it with their own...

Think that through long and hard....how much margin is there in farm machinery sales?

I think you would have to be a certain "status" to receive that kind of attention and treatment. Reset time!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                There is something seriously wrong with a pricing structure if a farmer's usual machine brand Company can afford to "buy" a competitor's brand out of their customer's yard and replace it with their own...

Think that through long and hard....how much margin is there in farm machinery sales?

I think you would have to be a certain "status" to receive that kind of attention and treatment. Reset time!?!?!?!
                That hutterite episode was years ago but I think it still holds true today....

Farmers are like sheep...hence sheeple....because if you target the right farmer everyone follows....

example....everyone sees the 32 bins at Moose Jaw only 5 miles from 5 local elevators....one farmer has built more storage than Viterra G3 P&H CARGILL combined ...so everyone starts buying bins....great for the graincos.

example...One guy buys a seed master drill and has a terrific crop ....seedmaster galore until he switches again...to a morris quantum...

And then there are the farmers that talk about their inlaws up north growing 60 bushel canola crops with this or that machinery so the south guys need it all too..

Comment

It’s called “follow the leader, ring around the rosey, and musical chairs”. It’s a good way to go broke .... quick!!

Comment

Ok it’s simple if I can get 5 % or better with every increase In interest I can afford the carbon tax. The tax is bullshit and a liberal scam.

You have your answer now show me how it is great for your farm because on a farm it sucks.

Comment

Ok it’s simple if I can get 5 % or better with every increase In interest I can afford the carbon tax. The tax is bullshit and a liberal scam.
                      It's simple or you're simple? The interest rate rise was 1/4% not 5%. Even if you misunderstood that and think a 5% return on your off-farm investments will cover the cost of the carbon tax on your farm that means one of two things.

a. the carbon tax cost to your large farm is actually going to be very small.

or

b. If the carbon tax costs on your farm are going to be as huge as you and others on here claim you must have huge sums in off-farm investments (like millions of dollars worth) in which case why are you always on here claiming that farming is a disaster and poor you is barely hanging on?

You've talked yourself into a corner.

Comment

I’ll go b.

Have a great day.

Comment

Answer also to your question a farm has to pay for itself it’s separate.

If you think farms in canada with ours costs is a money maker you picked the wrong country

Comment

What's the purpose of this stupid site again??????

Comment

Info for some a place of hate for others.

Ah

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...